PDA

View Full Version : Extended rotor buttons - Perth lads

nick4884
15th November 2011, 02:17 PM
Hi Guys,

found a mob in willetton that will extend your rotor button on your GQ Patrol for 'around $50' as I was just quoted on the phone.

They will actually want to have your whole dissy in or out of the car to custom fit an extended rotor, dependant on your dizzy cap. Aparently different caps have different gaps, so a remote exchange unit may result in your rotor smashing against the contacts on the cap. Makes sense to me.

The bloke also gave me a bit of info bout the pertronix EI and coil packages, which they do stock. $245 for the EI kit and 'around' $100 for the high-powered coils (more than likely those flame thrower units). Don't know if those prices are inclusive GST or not.

They are:

Schultz Automotive Electrical Service
(08) 9457 3016

Happy trollin'!

PS - they recommend genuine caps for best longeivity

Silver
15th November 2011, 03:23 PM
Pertronix make at least two electronic units - one senses the lobe on the dissie shaft - which I have - doesn't require other mods to the dissie, just replaces the points and a couple of wires. The other is a Hall Effect design, which requires dissie shaft machining, and is apparently superior to the lobe sensor model.

nick4884
16th November 2011, 01:27 AM
Spot on there Silver - I toyed with the idea of getting the hall effect unit but ended up going with the simplicity the LS unit brings with it. I ordered my part from retro rockets in the US, cos I can wait for it to arrive. If you need one in a hurry, the guys in Willeton WA, or the Vic supplier listed on the US retro rockets also have them in stock.

But I particularly liked the sound of the rotor button extension service the guys in WA do. Will report when I get it done!