PDA

View Full Version : The search for more flex - Y60

WaxFraq
15th November 2011, 06:14 AM
Hi!
What do you recommend for getting more flex on my Y60?
Have bodylift and OME mounted, and running 38"s. But I would like some more flex...

What to do??? :clapping:

YNOT
15th November 2011, 07:37 AM
Do you want to keep the same ride height or go higher?

The 5 link rear suspension flexes well with only longer springs and shocks but if you want to keep you current ride height you will need extended bump stops.

The 3 link front suspension will need a bit more work to improve flex. Longer springs, shocks and bump stops again but to really make it work you need superflex arms like those pictured below from Superior Engineering (http://www.superiorengineering.com.au/product_info.php?cPath=31_32_33_178&products_id=6506)

Tony

WaxFraq
15th November 2011, 09:34 AM
Eey! Thanks for answering so fast! I'm not so keen on making it more "america-like"..
The height is fine I think...I look in to it!! Thanks again!!

growler2058
15th November 2011, 10:06 AM
Heres an aussie 4wd motorcross truck, hes got plenty of travel but has had to do some pretty severe chopping to get that travel with the big rubber, you may well have the same issues the second foter is my troll flexin ive only got 33's 35's will be the next size i go. Basically a 4" suspension lift. Dobinson coils n shocks

nowoolies
15th November 2011, 10:15 AM
Hi!
What do you recommend for getting more flex on my Y60?
Have bodylift and OME mounted, and running 38"s. But I would like some more flex...

What to do??? :clapping:

piccies we luv piccies ................where are they ???????

WaxFraq
15th November 2011, 09:38 PM
here are some pics...can't really take any pics of the car as it stand today...
I have some work doing to it, so it looks like rubbish...with small tires and all...

Here in Norway the vehicle authorities run a complete control on the truck if they find it necessary.
And they don't seem to like my tires that much...but they thought that the bars where nice thou.. :clapping:

I really prefer cutting and chopping befor lifting to much...you end up with something they us in american mudfields...and that's not good..
The setup on my truck is 4" ++ OME and 2" bodylift I think..and the rest is cutting. No problem with full flex..!! Just the way I like it..!!