PDA

View Full Version : turbo 4.2tb efi

4wheelnuts
13th November 2011, 05:06 PM
hi looking to install turbo and intercooler to my GQ 4.2 EFI on duel fuel, can anyone tell me who will give me good advice and vaule for my hard earnt cash, petrol and gas.

Bigrig
13th November 2011, 05:36 PM
Hey mate - not sure of your budget, but having just done it, I'd probably go down a different path in hindsight. Give Will Tobin a call at Quickspool (Northgate in Brisbane) as he does a Patrol specific kit (Garrett turbo and custom intercooler) for $3999 which apparently pulls out about 480hp (probably 350+ at the rear wheels - massive increase on standard) - he does a 600hp kit also, but seriously an overkill unless you're into burnout comps!! lol

Good luck with it mate.

4wheelnuts
15th November 2011, 08:09 PM
Hi thank you for that will check them out, have thought about install myself, would like some photos if there is any, doug

Bigrig
15th November 2011, 09:02 PM
Hi thank you for that will check them out, have thought about install myself, would like some photos if there is any, doug

There are photos of mine on my build thread mate (Tank - Big, Grey and Ugly) - pretty full on install, but if you're mechanically minded, go for it and save the dollars.

ozzyboy
15th November 2011, 10:59 PM
Hey mate - not sure of your budget, but having just done it, I'd probably go down a different path in hindsight. Give Will Tobin a call at Quickspool (Northgate in Brisbane) as he does a Patrol specific kit (Garrett turbo and custom intercooler) for $3999 which apparently pulls out about 480hp (probably 350+ at the rear wheels - massive increase on standard) - he does a 600hp kit also, but seriously an overkill unless you're into burnout comps!! lol

Good luck with it mate.

I'm in the same kinda boat here. 4.2 duel fuel efi with 160k on clock.

assuming some hidden costs, roughly what would a install cost on this turbo?

cheers

4wheelnuts
16th November 2011, 09:49 PM
There are photos of mine on my build thread mate (Tank - Big, Grey and Ugly) - pretty full on install, but if you're mechanically minded, go for it and save the dollars.

hi Bigrig thanks again, but dont know where to look for photos, tryed for an hour with no luck, talk soon doug

Bigrig
16th November 2011, 09:54 PM
I'm in the same kinda boat here. 4.2 duel fuel efi with 160k on clock.

assuming some hidden costs, roughly what would a install cost on this turbo?

cheers

The turbo setup's vary in price, but you're looking at starting at a couple of thousand for entry level gear. Quickspool's is $3999 but thats Garett turbo with custom manifold etc ... installation will pretty much double your buy price depending on what you put in (temp gauges, boost gauge, boost controller, turbo timer, etc).

Bigrig
16th November 2011, 09:58 PM
hi Bigrig thanks again, but dont know where to look for photos, tryed for an hour with no luck, talk soon doug

Here's the link mate - towards the end of the thread is the turbo photos etc - PM me if you want to yap over the phone about it.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?1654-quot-The-Tank-quot-Big-Grey-and-Ugly-..&highlight=tank+big%2C+grey+ugly

Cheers

4wheelnuts
20th November 2011, 05:35 PM
hi back again, looked at the photos, nice work, will wait till after chrissy to fit,big job, will give me more time as im going to Ceduna SA fishing and dune hopping for chrissy thanks for all your help Bigrig, will be in touch later to talk about fit doug

Bigrig
20th November 2011, 07:51 PM
hi back again, looked at the photos, nice work, will wait till after chrissy to fit,big job, will give me more time as im going to Ceduna SA fishing and dune hopping for chrissy thanks for all your help Bigrig, will be in touch later to talk about fit doug

All good mate - happy to impart with the little that I know!!!! lmao

Don't hesitate to ask mate and we'll assist where possible.