PDA

View Full Version : Brand new Patrol purchase turns sour

Steveo_the_Devo
12th November 2011, 04:06 PM
Went to pick up my brand new Patrol today from the dealer...

Everything was going OK until I queried that they had included the extended warranty as per our deal, at which point I discovered they had added the 'extra time' warranty option, rather than the 'extra drive' option. This surprised me as I had repeatedly clarified that I wanted the 150,000km extended warranty which the 'more time' option doesn't provide.

Well, that's when the poo started to fly. I calmly insisted that wasn't the deal we had arranged and pointed to the specifics I wanted in the original email I sent them (including the extended warranty to 150k). The salesman had to go check with the sales manager, then returned to tell me I'd have to fork out the difference between the 2 warranties (~$500). Naturally, I refused their kind offer.

Back he went to the sales manager... then suddenly there are raised voices, profanities and the salesman walks out of the managers office and I says 'I quit' and then leaves the yard. I'm left sitting in the business managers office who is looking very embarressed at this point. There I continue to wait for 20 minutes attempting to make polite conversation while the manager wanders off after the sales man (who doesn't return). Not sure if it was all a show to guilt me into paying the extra $$ - but I didn't budge.

On the return of the sales manager the business manager ventures into the his office and they scribble over the sales invoice "extra drive".

I'm more than a little shocked by the level of unprofessionalism and histrionics that were displayed... all over a few hundred bucks. From my perspective they were trying to squeeze a bit more out of the deal by substituting the warranty I had arranged with the cheaper option. Glad I checked the fine print before handing over the dollars. Even then, I am disappointed that dealership got my money at all - I'm sure any other Nissan yard would have matched the deal and provided some evidence of true customer service.

So then I get into my new truck before the sales manager starts throwing knives at me... to discover they have provided less than a quarter of a tank of fuel and the sub is empty. I don't even manage the 50km journey home before the low fuel light comes on. I didn't expect a full tank (though my last 2 new car purchases were all full on pick up) - but it would be courteous to give me enough fuel to get home.

Whew, vent over - apart from the letter that Nissan will be receiving next week. Poor form Nissan, poor form.

Home now, have fitted the scan gauge II. Dual batteries and Autron gauges are next week. From there I will give it some km before adding anything else.

Off to fill up the 125lt tank(s) now. Will post some pics of the car that caused someone to toss away their job later.

NissanGQ4.2
12th November 2011, 04:19 PM
Should of walked out and taken your money elsewhere. All that over 500 bucks

growler2058
12th November 2011, 04:23 PM
mmmmmmm doesnt leave a real good taste in ya mouth, but at least yav got a nissan and not a toymota :-)

Yendor
12th November 2011, 04:24 PM
Sorry to hear that the moment has been ruined by the dealer.

At least now you can enjoy your new Patrol, let the fun begin.

Maxhead
12th November 2011, 04:32 PM
Sounds like a bloody circus mate....what a clown,..LOL. On the bright side, you have a new toy to play with..

pics..pics..pics

wildgu6
12th November 2011, 05:01 PM
Congrat's on the new rig buddy,
Like Todd said you should of taken your $$$ elsewhere to teach them for playing games, and then drive past and give them a tooot and a wave in your new rig you purchased elsewhere....LMAO.
I meen $500 come on their still makin bloody $1000s. Good to see you stuck it up em mate.. Nice work

patch697
12th November 2011, 07:33 PM
Wow...... What a read.

Congrats on the new Rig mate & I can't wait to see the pics. Damn shame about your treatment though, very bad form indeed.

boots
12th November 2011, 09:15 PM
So what about warranty serviceing ? can you go to another dealer ? or do you just have to play the benny hill theme song music flat out on the stereo and go back there and deal with those wallies ?

Steveo_the_Devo
12th November 2011, 09:38 PM
Yeah, would have loved to go elsewhere but they already had some of my coin in the form of a deposit.

That dealership won't see me again, for servicing, for parts... although they might see me as I drive past and flick them the bird occasionally but that is about it.

Funny thing is that Nissan will call me in a few days to see if I was happy with my purchase and to fill out a survey - this will not go well for them.

flemj
13th November 2011, 01:24 PM
Hi Stevo,

Thats is crap, I picked up my car this year and I had a full tank of fuel.

John

nowoolies
13th November 2011, 04:41 PM
g`day Steveo
mate dont expect any joy from nissan AUSTRALIA ill tell you now and i hope they read this
they are a bunnch of TOSSERS
and they have till 28-11-11 to sort my problems out or the Lawyer is takeing over and his is looking forward to it

Steveo_the_Devo
15th November 2011, 07:17 AM
I hear ya nowollies, sad that they're obcesssed with the sale and don't care about looking after customers.

How's your fuel economy going? I think it may be worth you & your lawyers time to think about a class action - there are PLENTY of CRD owners who have found crap fuel economy & yet others mysteriously have excellent economy. It has to be a design/hardware issue & Nissan should investigate it & fix it.