PDA

View Full Version : and for something completely different

hekarewe
12th November 2011, 08:32 AM
this will be more for the shooters on the forum,,,,,, you guys know who you are LOL

i am taking daughter to ripply SSAA range (out along the ripply rd) for her fire arms safe handly cause today and as such will be there pritty much all day. so if your in need of sume thing to do,,, come down a join me for blast..

if your not a liecenced shooter and you have go you can still come along and shoot under sect 53 under direct suppervision of myself or another liceinced shooter

I will have my rifles down there so you can have a shot of the .22 or the .308 but i will ask for a donation for ammo used on the 308 as they arent cheep.
no point puttting my mobil number up as ther is no recieption at the range.

how to get there follow ripply rd south out of ripply till it turns to dirt shortly after that watch for the SSAA signs on the left and follow the track in.

AB
12th November 2011, 08:46 AM
I love the 308's but yeah they cost a small fortune!!!

hekarewe
12th November 2011, 08:55 AM
AB i was in a shop yesterday they had a 338 win iron sights for just under $800 very tempting and a mossi .17 for $395 even more tempting so may have to give mtself a chrissy pressy soon LOL

as for my old 308 she has been a bit of a mule thus far have had issues with keepibg scopes on it because the amount of recoil in it but hoping the latest fix will work should know byu this afternoon fingers crossed

nowoolies
12th November 2011, 09:37 AM
AB i was in a shop yesterday they had a 338 win iron sights for just under $800 very tempting and a mossi .17 for $395 even more tempting so may have to give mtself a chrissy pressy soon LOL

as for my old 308 she has been a bit of a mule thus far have had issues with keepibg scopes on it because the amount of recoil in it but hoping the latest fix will work should know byu this afternoon fingers crossed

g`day heck
have you thought about putting a dead mule in the rear of the stock ???

patch697
12th November 2011, 10:41 AM
g`day heck

I think he's talking about its kick back & he's right, you do get a bit of recoil action going on but thats the nature of the 30cals.

hekarewe
12th November 2011, 07:36 PM
g`day heck

i tried that once but after a while it just looks like an ass and starts to smell!!!!

hekarewe
12th November 2011, 07:39 PM
I think he's talking about its kick back & he's right, you do get a bit of recoil action going on but thats the nature of the 30cals.

i was and i am looking at a .338 win just for shitz n giggles saw a cheep one the other day in a shop with iron sights could be a bit fun if i do go a head with it LOL

hekarewe
12th November 2011, 07:47 PM
wow what a day!! Rhiannon's cause ran from 9.00am to 4.00pm long day. finally sorted my rifle out with its scope (i hope) and zeroed daughters new .22 took a while was a fare way out some what time consuming. knew i had reach bordem when i cut loose on a bunny target at 25 meters just shitz n giggles carved it up pritty good no more bunny LOL

rhiannon passed cause so now we can look forward to getting her her licience way to girl proud of you bub

Finly Owner
12th November 2011, 11:15 PM
Good to hear of daughterd pass Mate.

Tim

Bigrig
12th November 2011, 11:18 PM
Good job on all counts (dead fake bunny and licence obtained!!)!!!

Bigrig
12th November 2011, 11:18 PM
You need to give more notice next time mate - Dhuck and I were talking this arvo and this would have been 'über cool' to do ...

the ferret
13th November 2011, 12:08 AM

Had the same prob with the scopes moving I was advised by my Gunsmith to smear a little silastic under the mounting brackets, seems to help.:049:

nowoolies
13th November 2011, 08:57 AM
i tried that once but after a while it just looks like an ass and starts to smell!!!!

g`day Hek
a dead mule is like a test tube full of lead powder, put in the rear of the stock , (sorta like the cleaning kit hole in a .303,)
when you fire the round, the lead powder slam`s foward in the tube towards the muzzel end of the rifle, and take`s quite a bit of recoil out of the rifle,
well worth trying if someone has a bit of a flinch developing
and (dead mule ) is just it`s name, and last but not least .......it don`t smell hahahahahaha

nowoolies
13th November 2011, 09:06 AM

try putting lock tight on inside of the scope rings (between the mount and the tube of the scope) it will never move again, untill you undo the screws, i have a few big kickers and do this with all of them, also lock tight all screws, mount`s rings, and any on the rifle,
i dont have any problems with scope`s or mounts moving
and well done to your little girl , now you going to have some competition, hahahahahaha

hekarewe
13th November 2011, 09:15 PM
You need to give more notice next time mate - Dhuck and I were talking this arvo and this would have been 'über cool' to do ...

yes was bit of a brain fart that morning sorry about the short notice but can organise another day as no doubt Rhiannon will want to try out her rifle now that its zeroed for her will let you know next time i am going

hekarewe
13th November 2011, 09:17 PM
try putting lock tight on inside of the scope rings (between the mount and the tube of the scope) it will never move again, untill you undo the screws, i have a few big kickers and do this with all of them, also lock tight all screws, mount`s rings, and any on the rifle,
i dont have any problems with scope`s or mounts moving
and well done to your little girl , now you going to have some competition, hahahahahaha

yep have lock tighted the bridge and tightened the rest of it seams to have held up this time so will check it again this week when i clean it if it hasnt moved all will be well