PDA

View Full Version : TD4.2 Injector Shims

canuck
9th November 2011, 05:19 AM
I have gotten everything to rebuild my own injectors now, except for the shims. Can anyone tell me what size(s) of shims I will need? Hopefully I can get everything locally in the Vancouver/Fraser Valley area. What kind of price should I expect?

YNOT
9th November 2011, 06:37 AM
I've never rebuilt injectors myself but my understanding is that various thickness shims are used to set the injector opening pressure, so you need a test rig to be able to test the opening pressure then select the correct thickness shim to adjust the pressure accordingly.

Tony

canuck
9th November 2011, 08:50 AM
Thanks for the reply Tony. I have the test rig. Although, I still need to build a clean bench to do the rebuilds. I did not type up my question very well. I was just wondering if their were shims specific to the TD4.2's injectors before I go into one of the fuel injection shops and ask and what I should expect to pay for them. I had a bad experience with an IP rebuild some years ago and now try to go into a shop a bit more prepared.

twinotter600
12th November 2011, 09:28 AM
Hi Canuck, since you dragged me over here....the shims are not specific to the TD42. Original are a solid disc but any shim that fits is ok. Often shims have a hole in the center for fuel to pass through just not required for our simple engines. If you want I can take a photo of original and what I am using.