PDA

View Full Version : Changing pattrol gearbox over

benkee
6th November 2011, 07:32 PM
Does anyone have a like a step by step guide for lifting the replacement box into the 4x4 tar..

the godfather
6th November 2011, 07:34 PM
I have one on remove and rebuild and replace. It might help you. But it is to big to post so message me your email address.

THE GODFATHER

NissanGQ4.2
6th November 2011, 07:38 PM
Does anyone have a like a step by step guide for lifting the replacement box into the 4x4 tar..

It's in workshop manual that is available to download in the manual section

Cheers

Todd

the ferret
6th November 2011, 08:11 PM
Just jack the truck up, making sure it's safe, slide the box under, put an engine crane in through the front door and lift it through the hole in the floor.
Patrol boxes want to fall over all the time so a sling or chain onto two points on the top of the box is best.
Can be a one man/woman job.
Cheers, the ferret.

NissanGQ4.2
6th November 2011, 08:28 PM
Just jack the truck up, making sure it's safe, slide the box under, put an engine crane in through the front door and lift it through the hole in the floor.
Patrol boxes want to fall over all the time so a sling or chain onto two points on the top of the box is best.
Can be a one man/woman job.
Cheers, the ferret.

Rod where were you when I was doing my gearbox rebuild???, sounds like that would of made it a lot easier

the ferret
6th November 2011, 08:39 PM
Ha ha, My first MQ one was sat on an old lawn mower, what a job that was.
I soon woke up to the engine crane tho, or two tressles one each side with a pole across and a block n tackle, main thing is to keep it level and you can roll the truck back to get the box upto the motor.
The longer the chain, the better, you can do it with the doors shut and go through the windows with the pole.
cheers, the ferret.