PDA

View Full Version : Tracks on side of Stuart Hwy

Maxhead
6th November 2011, 01:47 PM
Any idea what these tracks are to each side of the hwy???

Rain run-off? lol
Picnic area? lol
Brake down area? lol
ok ok I give up

NissanGQ4.2
6th November 2011, 02:05 PM
there markers for the Alien invasion

Maxhead
6th November 2011, 02:19 PM
Hahah...you never know mate...The're out there...LOLOL

NissanGQ4.2
6th November 2011, 02:39 PM
they certainly are mate, I'm actually having a beer with one now

Maxhead
6th November 2011, 02:41 PM
they certainly are mate, I'm actually having a beer with one now

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH I would believe you mate if you said bourbon instead.....still had a good laugh tho..lol

NissanGQ4.2
6th November 2011, 02:45 PM
hahaha, but i am drinking Carlton Cold not bourbon today so it is still true. Whats the gps location of those side tracks?

Maxhead
6th November 2011, 02:55 PM
hahaha, but i am drinking Carlton Cold not bourbon today so it is still true. Whats the gps location of those side tracks?

Try this: -22.36984, 133.38396 but these tracks are everywhere

molongmick
6th November 2011, 03:18 PM
They are drains. The land up there is so flat, they cut these table drains in to allow the water to escape from the side of the road. Vegetation does not grow quick so it looks rather strange.

Hope this answers your question, I lived there for 14 months and saw many of these on the sides of the road.

growler2058
6th November 2011, 03:33 PM
They are drains. The land up there is so flat, they cut these table drains in to allow the water to escape from the side of the road. Vegetation does not grow quick so it looks rather strange.

Hope this answers your question, I lived there for 14 months and saw many of these on the sides of the road.

Nah i liked the Alien version better hahahahahahahahhahaaha

Maxhead
6th November 2011, 03:54 PM

Good one Mick, this answer is a bit more believable then the alien one ......lololol

Cheers mate

molongmick
6th November 2011, 04:14 PM
Nah i liked the Alien version better hahahahahahahahhahaaha

It is possible, after all some of that area up there is the UFO central. Wycliffe Wells is in that area.
http://www.wycliffe.com.au/ufo/index.htm

http://www.australiantraveller.com/imported-content/look-up-in-the-sky-wycliffe-well (look-up-in-the-sky-wycliffe-well)

timbar
6th November 2011, 04:16 PM
I liked the Alien one better too hahahahaha Good one Todd

NissanGQ4.2
6th November 2011, 06:24 PM
Yes they are drains made by aliens *lmao*

the evil twin
6th November 2011, 08:41 PM
Yep... they are Storm Water Drains... like Mick I also lived in the NT (13 years) but you will see them all thru WA and the NT tropics on Google Earth.

They put a blade over them once a year to keep them clear beacause when it rains it really hammers and the side of the road washes out of they don't get the water away from the road bed