PDA

View Full Version : Logging in Issues - Can't stay logged in?

AB
2nd November 2011, 03:05 PM
Hi All,

I had someone PM me asking for help. On other computers they can log in fine but on their laptop they log in with the correct details and then it takes them back to the log in page again or the home page and they arn't logged in.

I remember we had discussions about this a while back...

is it cookies or some settings they need to change somewhere???

Mazodude
2nd November 2011, 03:47 PM
had the same issue. All I did was click on the forum link, in the red bar and it worked.
Clearing cookies did nothing for me.

MudRunnerTD
2nd November 2011, 04:36 PM
Hey AB, i am only ever on with my LapTop and i cant remember the last time i had to log in!

I lie, i also come here on my iphone but not with tapatalk and just use safari and never have to log in there either.

Always straight on.

Maxhead
2nd November 2011, 04:44 PM
Hey AB, i am only ever on with my LapTop and i cant remember the last time i had to log in!

I lie, i also come here on my iphone but not with tapatalk and just use safari and never have to log in there either.

Always straight on.

Same here Andy, never had any log in issues mate

taslucas
2nd November 2011, 08:12 PM
I only have a laptop and it logs in first time everytime (apart from reception issues as im on wireless broadband). Question though: i seem to be logged off automatically after a certain amount of inactivity. How long should this be? sometimes i take too long to type a reply and then when i submit it i am not logged in and therefore lose the message i have just typed!

wildgu6
2nd November 2011, 08:51 PM
Andy, had this prob' a couple of times, but i just put it down to technology glitch's.
but here's one that stumped me, i can be logged in on lappy, walk outside and use Tapatalk, when i get back inside i have to log the lappy in again. happens every time.. For some reason every time i use Tapa' it kicks me off the lappy ??? No biggy i just log back in

wildgu6
2nd November 2011, 08:53 PM
I only have a laptop Question though: i seem to be logged off automatically after a certain amount of inactivity. How long should this be? sometimes i take too long to type a reply and then when i submit it i am not logged in and therefore lose the message i have just typed!

Same here toooo

MudRunnerTD
2nd November 2011, 08:59 PM
I only have a laptop and it logs in first time everytime (apart from reception issues as im on wireless broadband). Question though: i seem to be logged off automatically after a certain amount of inactivity. How long should this be? sometimes i take too long to type a reply and then when i submit it i am not logged in and therefore lose the message i have just typed!

Wow really!!!

Nah that ain't right! It must be in your settings?

wildgu6
2nd November 2011, 09:09 PM
Wow really!!!

Nah that ain't right! It must be in your settings?

Well i must be on the same settings, Must of jinxed myself, i have just been booted off 3 times in 3 posts....

MudRunnerTD
2nd November 2011, 09:15 PM
Wow! Nah that is definitely not what happens my end. Never get kicked off.

Sorry for the short replies guys, on the iPhone at the pub. Schooners are awesome. It is the size glass beer is made for!!!

NSW got something right. LMAO

BBHHHHAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA

happy grin

AB
2nd November 2011, 09:20 PM
Yeah mate you shouldnt get kicked off at all. I use Tappa and have PC logged in at same time without a problem....Interesting!

NissanGQ4.2
2nd November 2011, 10:18 PM
mate per our phone convo, Same thing happens if I am logged in on Firefox and logged in with Chrome as soon as you press the log out button on one you have 2 re-log back into the forum on the other.

did that make sense *L*

nowoolies
3rd November 2011, 12:45 AM

Always straight on.

x 2 here, never had that problem

wildgu6
3rd November 2011, 09:57 PM
Andy been getting this quite a bit lately too even though its been 2 minutes since last post;

The following errors occurred with your submission

This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in 17 seconds.

NissanGQ4.2
17th March 2012, 11:47 AM
Bump for Lucas as this issue has yet 2 be resolved

Pete are you also still having this issue???

taslucas
17th March 2012, 11:48 AM
Bump for Lucas as this issue has yet 2 be resolved

Pete are you also still having this issue???

Cheers mate!

taslucas
17th March 2012, 11:51 AM

Aha! i am already part of this thread.......

NissanGQ4.2
17th March 2012, 11:57 AM
Aha! i am already part of this thread.......

hahaha that you are, I think there is a couple of other post / threads elsewhere in regards to the same issue, but as far as I'm aware the problem was never resolved