PDA

View Full Version : TB42 carby question

chester
1st November 2011, 08:26 PM
Hi all, i changed my carby over to one i had on my bench just to see if made a difference.

Anyway can someone tell me where the vacum line comes from for the part in the pic,and what it does?

it's located on the rocker side of the carby.

cheers guy's
chester

taslucas
1st November 2011, 08:59 PM
Hi all, i changed my carby over to one i had in my cardboard just to see if made a difference.

Anyway can someone tell me where the vacum line comes from for the part in the pic,and what it does?

it's located on the rocker side of the carby.

cheers guy's
chester

i can see where you went wrong....ive never had much luck with cardboard carby's!! HaHa just kidding mate, Ill have a look when i get near mine. (might be a while its STILL in the shop getting fixed)

chester
1st November 2011, 09:06 PM
i can see where you went wrong....ive never had much luck with cardboard carby's!! HaHa just kidding mate, Ill have a look when i get near mine. (might be a while its STILL in the shop getting fixed)Bugger that would explain the fuel leaks when i flick it onto petrol.

Silver
1st November 2011, 10:20 PM
I think it is the boost controlled decelleration device, per page 221 of the manual you can get on line here. In saying that, I struggle with pictures in manuals, just like the animals I see in the field never quite look like the pictures in the books when I look them up :-)

As to where the vac hose starts from......

I've had a look on my Mav, from the snout on the BCDD, the vac line heads to the fire wall, does a vertical U turn, and heads up past the little vac diaphram on the auto choke. After that I can't be sure because I can't see or follow it 100% with the Onkaparingas (fingers to the young 'uns) but think it is probably headed to the air cleaner box. If you have a U shaped hose hanging off the aircleaner box on the rocker cover side, that would tend to support it.

Now, hold tight, and we'll hear from someone who knows what they are talking about :-)