PDA

View Full Version : aluminium radiator

Wulfen
31st October 2011, 12:13 PM
hey guys i just bought a aluminium radiator from aussie desert coolers, i have bottle of genuine nissan coolant laying around and was wondering if it was safe to use in this radiator as i dont want the thing corroding on me if i use this coolant. the bloke told me to use GMH inhibitor to suit VN Commodore. cheers in advance :)

YNOT
31st October 2011, 12:28 PM
Interesting dilema, do you use the coolant Nissan recommend to protect their engines or the coolant the radiator manufacture recommends for their radiator? You should be safe to use either. If your engine is a TD42 I would probably use the GM coolant to protect your radiator warranty, TD42's are pretty tough. Your choice.

Tony

boots
31st October 2011, 07:25 PM
Sorry cant give any advice on coolant choice , just curious about radiator itself , size / price - any photos please ?

Wulfen
2nd November 2011, 09:12 AM
it should arrive today so i can take photos then but what i have been told is that the standard has 2 rows of 10mm core and this one have a single row of 42mm core so its equivalent to a 4 row radiator and its suppose to bolt straight in, (we'll see) it was only $750 plus postage.

Wulfen
2nd November 2011, 12:59 PM
all in and heres the photos u asked 4 boots

MudRunnerTD
2nd November 2011, 01:09 PM
Nice, why did you change over? was your radiator knackered or did you have over heating issues? How is the improvement?

Wulfen
2nd November 2011, 04:41 PM
little bit of both, i cracked it bout a month ago and was running chemiweld in it (temp fix) and on hot days it was getting rather hot. havent really driven it yet to see if there is any improvement but at least i know being twice the size of the original its wont overheat

MudRunnerTD
2nd November 2011, 07:41 PM
Will be really interested in hearing bow you fo mate, make sure you come back here for an update in a week or a month A
and let me know how it's going.

It looks like you have fitted it to a TD42ti?

boots
2nd November 2011, 07:50 PM
Thanks Wulfen. have dealt with aussie dessert coolers a few years back and they were terrific. the new one really looks the goods and the specs to match . very impressesed , cheers . hope its a great thing for you .

Wulfen
2nd November 2011, 09:45 PM
Will be really interested in hearing bow you fo mate, make sure you come back here for an update in a week or a month A
and let me know how it's going.

It looks like you have fitted it to a TD42ti?

yeah it is a TD42ti with a 3in straight thru zorst and boosted to 14psi. it will get a good workout this weekend as ill be towing a camper trailer down to mittagong from singleton for the son of trials plus comp which is bout 4 1/2 hrs. so ill let u know mud on monday how it went

Wulfen
15th November 2011, 10:53 AM
new radiator goes great! there wasnt even a hint of any over heating problems especially in low range. towing the trailer up some steep nasty hills full roar and not even a hint of the needle moving past just under half. then all weekend running round in the bush it sat on a quarter so all in all im quite impressed

boots
15th November 2011, 05:24 PM
Thats great . love a story with a happy ending . thanks for this entire post Wulfen.

lenkeit1234
22nd December 2011, 09:03 AM
how did it go

HammerBuilder
12th March 2012, 10:07 PM
new radiator goes great! there wasnt even a hint of any over heating problems especially in low range. towing the trailer up some steep nasty hills full roar and not even a hint of the needle moving past just under half. then all weekend running round in the bush it sat on a quarter so all in all im quite impressed

Here we are few months on so Wulfen hows it going is it still holding together with no cracks or splits ????

Be good to hear back again now after a bit of summer weather..

MQ MAD
15th March 2012, 11:41 AM
Be interested how the aussie cooler rad goes after a period of time
I replaced my GQ rad with an over the counter newie from natrad oh while ago now
Be good to compare, especially the cost variation
I replaced the factory alloy one with a copper one