PDA

View Full Version : x9 superwinch

largey
30th October 2011, 11:08 PM
Well today thought test out winch on new ute.
Just pulled a old Ute all on level ground.
Now got bout 1 metre from all way bck in and now stop working just makes a clicking noise.
Any ideas ?

the evil twin
30th October 2011, 11:20 PM
The clicking is the control solenoids or contacter depending on how the Winch is controlled (Warn method or Tigerz method)

Did it stop dead or just get slower and slower ?

Anyway... Check all the hi current terminals for a loose connection at the Battery, Winch and also the Control Box.

largey
31st October 2011, 12:14 PM
It stopped goin in but went out still now just clicks

the evil twin
31st October 2011, 01:30 PM
It stopped goin in but went out still now just clicks

OK, the Winch is series wound IE it uses exactly the same windings and cables to winch In or Out so if it goes one way and not the other the Motor should be fine as should the hi-current wiring.

I am tipping that it will use four solenoids not a contactor so two solenoids need to engage to drive one way and a seperate two to drive the other... could be wrong tho.

Anyway, sounds like a control issue. Can you open the Control Box or is it sealed. I'm not familiar with the X9 but Warn's are notorious for getting a loose connection on the Solenoids ergo you will hear the click but the winch won't run.

largey
14th November 2011, 04:42 PM
Well took into today ay yes was a solinoid

largey
2nd February 2012, 08:26 PM
Bit of an update finally bit bullet got fixed today it has two solinoids which was burnt and also the neg wire was burnt

New solinoids in had to make new brackets fun.
Anyway all bck together and works beut

taslucas
2nd February 2012, 08:35 PM
good to hear she's all working again. Are the new solinoids an upgrade? or just replaced with standard?

GUtsy ute
2nd February 2012, 10:06 PM
OK, the Winch is series wound IE it uses exactly the same windings and cables to winch In or Out so if it goes one way and not the other the Motor should be fine as should the hi-current wiring.

I am tipping that it will use four solenoids not a contactor so two solenoids need to engage to drive one way and a seperate two to drive the other... could be wrong tho.

Anyway, sounds like a control issue. Can you open the Control Box or is it sealed. I'm not familiar with the X9 but Warn's are notorious for getting a loose connection on the Solenoids ergo you will hear the click but the winch won't run.

Good call Evil Twin!