PDA

View Full Version : Craft/Homebrewers

Madcatter
29th October 2011, 03:11 PM
Just wondering if any of you out there brew your own beverages? If so what do you brew and maybe even show us a pic of your set-up.

Below is a pic of my bar set-up

Cheers and Beers

MC

NissanGQ4.2
29th October 2011, 03:33 PM
why drink beer when 1 could drink bourbon??? :)

love ya bar, sorry don't home brew yet....... but looking at making my own bourbon, scotch, whiskey........ just not beer, but maybe one day that 2

beansathome
29th October 2011, 03:37 PM
why drink beer when 1 could drink bourbon??? :)

love ya bar, sorry don't home brew yet....... but looking at making my own bourbon, scotch, whiskey........ just not beer, but maybe one day that 2

i would love to brew my own bourbon but it looks so expencive to set up have u looked into it yet or just a dream still lol ?

Yendor
29th October 2011, 03:48 PM
That's a nice setup, is your home brew on tap?

Barossa Valley aren't you suppose to be into wine....lol

NissanGQ4.2
29th October 2011, 03:50 PM
i would love to brew my own bourbon but it looks so expencive to set up have u looked into it yet or just a dream still lol ?

have looked into it, and yes expensive for initial outlay, but would still work out cheaper in the long run, still a dream @ the moment. One day soon :):):)

Madcatter
29th October 2011, 03:53 PM
Yendor,

I do have beer on tap. 4 taps and a hand pump. Wine is easy and cheap to come by here in the Barossa, Beer not so much (Cheap)

Yendor
29th October 2011, 03:57 PM
Yendor,

I do have beer on tap. 4 taps and a hand pump. Wine is easy and cheap to come by here in the Barossa, Beer not so much (Cheap)

Nice, but I would end up drinking way too much.

Sir Roofy
29th October 2011, 03:58 PM
Just wondering if any of you out there brew your own beverages? If so what do you brew and maybe even show us a pic of your set-up.

Below is a pic of my bar set-up

Cheers and Beers

MC

and my friend how often do you really use your bar ?

NissanGQ4.2
29th October 2011, 04:29 PM
and my friend how often do you really use your bar ?

What sort of question is that Roofy??????, If I had one I would use it every day without fail

Edit: Is that a bad???

YNOT
29th October 2011, 07:14 PM
No , that's not bad Todd, you'd just be keeping everything fresh and moving.....................

I brewed beer and rum for about 10 years but haven't had time since we moved here so all my gear is sitting in the shed.
15 or so years ago I went halves in a still with my best mate, unfortunately he now lives in Bundaberg so I haven't had access to it for a few years, not that I've had time.

I've recently started thinking about how to make a water recirculation system for the still cooling water so I can use the tank water (10,000llitre tank behind the shed) without wasting it.

Last week I opened my brewing cupboard to get out a glass demijon and found one with about 150ml of homebrew rum in it still aging on oak chips, very smooth.

Tony

Sir Roofy
29th October 2011, 07:24 PM
What sort of question is that Roofy??????, If I had one I would use it every day without fail

Edit: Is that a bad???

todd unless you had a lot of visitors you would need a bar person to serve you /but i guess you would just sit at the bar and drink from your glass
pml can just see it now

Sir Roofy
29th October 2011, 07:27 PM
No , that's not bad Todd, you'd just be keeping everything fresh and moving.....................

I brewed beer and rum for about 10 years but haven't had time since we moved here so all my gear is sitting in the shed.
15 or so years ago I went halves in a still with my best mate, unfortunately he now lives in Bundaberg so I haven't had access to it for a few years, not that I've had time.

I've recently started thinking about how to make a water recirculation system for the still cooling water so I can use the tank water (10,000llitre tank behind the shed) without wasting it.

Last week I opened my brewing cupboard to get out a glass demijon and found one with about 150ml of homebrew rum in it still aging on oak chips, very smooth.

Tony

that would be very smooth indeed if and when you ever get to be home more regular and you get around to doing that again
wouldnt mined a sample of that sounds perfect

Madcatter
30th October 2011, 05:01 AM
Roofy,

I tend to pour myself a beer or two most days. And I do find I have a few regular visitors now and then. At the moment all I have on tap is a stout and an English IPA. And plan on brewing a Hefeweizen wheat beer next week.

It truly is a rewarding hobby.

Finly Owner
31st October 2011, 11:50 PM

TonyNice find Tony.

Hey call into home brew kit on cnr of Randall St and speak to Danny about your riticulation set up. Tell him Tim sent you.