PDA

View Full Version : Paging any computer geeks

DX grunt
27th October 2011, 06:06 PM
Hey people

I need to put Mozilla Firefox on hold while I download Adobe. Can anybody give me a step by step instruction guide on how to do it?

Thanks.

Ross

Mazodude
27th October 2011, 06:15 PM
Are you installing adobe?

NissanGQ4.2
27th October 2011, 06:24 PM
I don't understand Ross, you can't put software on hold.........you can close it down.....if your installing adobe, you should not need 2 close firefox down, but you may need 2 restart the computer after it installs

DX grunt
27th October 2011, 06:46 PM
I'm trying to install Adobe Flash and it won't let me because Mozilla is blocking it? I already have earlier version of it installed. I've just bought a brand new lappy.

I'm stuffed up with a head cold and my terminology isn't the best. lol

Maxhead
27th October 2011, 06:56 PM
Hey Ross, I assume its windows 7.

If Mozzila firefox is running in the background and you can't close it then:
press -"ctrl", "alt" and "delete" together then click on start task manager
then select "processes". Now you have to find firefox in the list and click on it, then click on "end process:

If that doesn't work then try to reboot PC and start again

NissanGQ4.2
27th October 2011, 07:16 PM
Hey Ross, I assume its windows 7.

If Mozzila firefox is running in the background and you can't close it then:
press -"ctrl", "alt" and "delete" together then click on start task manager
then select "processes". Now you have to find firefox in the list and click on it, then click on "end process:

If that doesn't work then try to reboot PC and start again

x2 with Kriss, and if that doesn't work just throw the puter in the bin. Problem solved.....time 4 another bourbon :)

beansathome
27th October 2011, 07:22 PM
if u are having trouble u can add me on msn and i will b able to have a look remotly if u have a good internet connection.

wildgu6
27th October 2011, 07:53 PM
Lost me Rossco, ring doctor Paul....he is the master

AB
27th October 2011, 08:21 PM
God help you Rossco....lol.

I think Flash just wants Mozilla to be closed whilst it installs. Make sure Mozilla is closed and then try again. If not as Kris said should kill it good.

If that doesnt work add beansathome to your MSN and I'm sure he'll sort you out.

DX grunt
28th October 2011, 02:00 AM
God help you Rossco....lol.

I think Flash just wants Mozilla to be closed whilst it installs. Make sure Mozilla is closed and then try again. If not as Kris said should kill it good.

If that doesnt work add beansathome to your MSN and I'm sure he'll sort you out.

That's exactly what it wants to do (highlighted thing what you said), How do I close it?

Rossco

Clunk
28th October 2011, 02:01 AM
That's exactly what it wants to do (highlighted thing what you said)

Rossco
evenin Rossco, so did you try the CTRL, ALT DEL thing that Kris mentioned above???

patch697
28th October 2011, 02:02 AM
That's exactly what it wants to do (highlighted thing what you said)

Rossco

Im online Bro if you still need help with it.

DX grunt
28th October 2011, 02:06 AM
Sorry guys, I'm still a bit crook and can't concentrate properly - man flu again. lol

I'll give it a burl when I'm with it, tomorrow.

patch697
28th October 2011, 02:07 AM
Sorry guys, I'm still a bit crook and can't concentrate properly - man flu again. lol

Give me a call if you still can't get it sorted.

Clunk
28th October 2011, 02:21 AM

yeah let the master mod help ya out mate........... will have it done in a jiffy!!!!

T0nka
28th October 2011, 11:21 AM
Firefox is crap

DX grunt
28th October 2011, 11:43 AM
Firefox is crap
Why? What's wrong with it?

Maxhead
28th October 2011, 11:52 AM
Why? What's wrong with it?

Mate, haven't you heard the latest news. The web browser industry have banned Firefox because in infects all uses with the Mozilla virus. Get rid of it ASAP....LOLOLOL

T0nka
28th October 2011, 11:59 AM
Resource hog.

I prefer Chrome or Opera

AB
28th October 2011, 12:37 PM
I like Chrome....For some stupid reason I use Firefox at work but when I am at home and on Chrome the pages load up faster then a shooting bullet!

DX grunt
28th October 2011, 01:07 PM
I like Chrome....For some stupid reason I use Firefox at work but when I am at home and on Chrome the pages load up faster then a shooting bullet!

Can you pleeeeease provide me with a link to Chrome so I can swap? Thanks.

I 'm computer illiterate. lol

Rossco

Clunk
28th October 2011, 01:27 PM
Can you pleeeeease provide me with a link to Chrome so I can swap? Thanks.

I 'm computer illiterate. lol

Rossco

Here you go Rossco

http://www.google.com/chrome

DX grunt
28th October 2011, 01:49 PM
Here you go Rossco

http://www.google.com/chrome

Thanks Clunk.

I've swapped over and deleted MFF, and in doing so, I've lost all my bookmarked web sites. DOH!

Do you know how to retrieve them??

Clunk
28th October 2011, 01:53 PM
Thanks Clunk.

I've swapped over and deleted MFF, and in doing so, I've lost all my bookmarked web sites. DOH!

Do you know how to retrieve them??

ooops....... sorry mate, the only way I know how is to go back to the websites and bookmark them again. Someone else may have a better way of doing it..........

DX grunt
28th October 2011, 01:55 PM
ooops....... sorry mate, the only way I know how is to go back to the websites and bookmark them again. Someone else may have a better way of doing it..........

No worries. My fault.

I think I'd better slow down until I'm feeling better. Got a new lappy with Windows 7 and Office 2010. It's all a bit daunting at the mo. Very frustrating. lol

I'll have to get my old computer out and go through them, again. At least I've still got them. lol

Clunk
28th October 2011, 01:58 PM
Hey Rossco but your gonna kick yourself............ I've just downloaded Chrome and if you had kept Mozilla, you can transfer all your browsing history and bookmarks to Chrome, sorry mate but only just found out now.

Do you have any browsing history on Explorer, or did you do all your browsing with Mozilla?

DX grunt
28th October 2011, 02:06 PM
Hey Rossco but your gonna kick yourself............ I've just downloaded Chrome and if you had kept Mozilla, you can transfer all your browsing history and bookmarks to Chrome, sorry mate but only just found out now.

Do you have any browsing history on Explorer, or did you do all your browsing with Mozilla?

Just used Mozilla. Don't be too overly concerned. I'm in the learning phase and no use getting frustrated enough to want to punch out the screen - yet. lol

Clunk
28th October 2011, 02:09 PM
Just used Mozilla. Don't be too overly concerned. I'm in the learning phase and no use getting frustrated enough to want to punch out the screen - yet. lol

hahahaha yeah I know the feeling mate...... I just tried trasnsferring but could work out how to open the transferred bookmarks.............. it transferred the browsing history though.............. which was nice. I have to say Chrome does seem to be noticeably quicker!!!!!!

Woof
28th October 2011, 03:39 PM
hahahaha yeah I know the feeling mate...... I just tried trasnsferring but could work out how to open the transferred bookmarks.............. it transferred the browsing history though.............. which was nice. I have to say Chrome does seem to be noticeably quicker!!!!!!
I have only used Chrome for updating our www.westernpatrolclub.com website so I thought I would give it a go for normal use.................wow what a difference, I will be using it from now on.
Thanks Clunky, by the way it was great meeting you at the meeting last Wednesday mate................will definitely bring my manbag next time...LOLOL

Clunk
28th October 2011, 03:44 PM
I have only used Chrome for updating our www.westernpatrolclub.com website so I thought I would give it a go for normal use.................wow what a difference, I will be using it from now on.
Thanks Clunky, by the way it was great meeting you at the meeting last Wednesday mate................will definitely bring my manbag next time...LOLOL

g'day Doogy, yeah was good to finally put a face to manbag......... just missed being smacked in the head with a brick is all................. I'll have to try and stick around for a bit more of a chat next time

Maxhead
28th October 2011, 05:16 PM
So. All sorted????

Mate, we'll make a computer geek out of you yet!!!! LOL

Clunk
28th October 2011, 06:25 PM
So. All sorted????

Mate, we'll make a computer geek out of you yet!!!! LOL

hahahaha you think!!!????

Maxhead
28th October 2011, 06:35 PM
hahahaha you think!!!????