PDA

View Full Version : Hi To Other Patrol Owners :-)

madmaxtechnology
26th October 2011, 11:25 PM
Hi there,

I am new to this site. I have a 1995 2.8 Turbo Diesel Nissan Patrol....Nessie I call her.
She was registered late 1995 and put on the road by a Nissan Mechanic. I bought her in mid 1997 and have had her since. She has been really good to me and I love her. I basic service her myself.

I'm sure I will learn lots from joining this site. I am after a part and some advice as a few years back some inconsiderate person broke into her and took the factory service and parts manual.

Nice to meet you all.

Mad Max

Silver
26th October 2011, 11:32 PM
Welcome Mad Max.

I've found the crew on here a courteous and helpful crowd, ready with helpful advice.

I think to get the on line manuals you'll need to post 25 reasonably sensible posts. I found that pretty easy to do, scouting around on the various parts of the forum. Given your experience you'll have something to offer.

Join in and have fun!

madmaxtechnology
26th October 2011, 11:46 PM
Thanks for the welcome Silver......Yes, I've already worked out that that I need 25 posts after I clicked the "download" button :-) That's ok....I'm sure I can learn lots in the process. Just trying to navigate myself around this site atm :-)
I do have to search for a new "Horn Plate" so that will keep me busy. Have not been able to find one from any Wrecking Mobs here in Perth as yet.

patch697
26th October 2011, 11:52 PM
Welcome aboard mate.

You'll find plenty here who'll jump in to help you out with any questions so feel free to join in.

madmaxtechnology
27th October 2011, 12:01 AM
Thanks for the welcome Patch697..........I'm a chick......so I will have lots of questions !! Be patient with me haha :-)

patch697
27th October 2011, 12:14 AM
Thanks for the welcome Patch697..........I'm a chick......so I will have lots of questions !! Be patient with me haha :-)

Mate we get ppl on here who wouldn't know a tail pipe from a tyre valve so don't, & I mean "DON'T" be afraid to ask questions no matter how silly you think they are.

We're a very friendly bunch here & someone (usually many) will have a reply for you.....

There is no such thing as a dumb questions here on this forum so knock yourself out mate.

Regards
Paul

madmaxtechnology
27th October 2011, 12:19 AM
Well I can say that I do know the difference between a tailpipe and a tyre valve thats for sure haha ;-) I try to do my best servicing it myself.....what I don't know I read up, investigate and ask.

Silver
27th October 2011, 12:21 AM
some people on here have changed their steering wheel to an aftermarket one- and may have a horn plate to give away....but come to think of it, the ones I know of are GQ owners where the wheel has become dodgy.

Your rig would have one of those new fangled airbag things I guess

My keyboard doesn't type the 26th letter of the alphabet - repayment for spilling a glass of wine on it..... However Ni22bits is often helpful - the 22 represents that misssing letter I can't type :-)

patch697
27th October 2011, 12:31 AM
Well I can say that I do know the difference between a tailpipe and a tyre valve thats for sure haha ;-) I try to do my best servicing it myself.....what I don't know I read up, investigate and ask.

Then you'll do quite well here mate....... As you have probably already noticed we don't mind a chat either........................hahahahahahaha

I take it your horn ring has done what most do & warn through in the one spot you need it?

madmaxtechnology
27th October 2011, 12:39 AM
To Silver.....No, didn't come with the airbag but it's a steering wheel that was designed to take an airbag I think.
To patch697.......No......it didn't wear through......my daughter got annoyed with me one day and hit it on the wrong angle and it shattered into tiny tiny pieces. It's still the original steering wheel.....and the horn works....but the shaped hard plastic piece that sits over the top of the horn mechanism is missing. I've put the vinyl covering back over it.....but with no horn plate under it.......ppl don't know until they touch my horn and realise that it's hollow underneath haha

madmaxtechnology
27th October 2011, 12:40 AM
Oops.....that didn't come out right.....please replace that line with "Hit my horn".....sorry guys !!

patch697
27th October 2011, 12:45 AM
Oops.....that didn't come out right.....please replace that line with "Hit my horn".....sorry guys !!

You can edit your own posts after you've posted them by clicking on the edit button at the bottom right of your post if you need to mate.

Clunk
27th October 2011, 12:48 AM
g'day there to another Westie and welcome aboard the forum..................... don't ask me anything coz I know nothing and just spout alot of dribble!!!!!! hahahahaha

There's plenty of people on here from this neck of the woods, so if you're ever up for a spot of wheeling just let us know and we can arrange something sometime somewhere.......

madmaxtechnology
27th October 2011, 12:53 AM
Thanks so much.....I live by the beach but don't take Nessie out much.....I took her to Wedge once and she wondered what on earth she was doing in the sand instead of on the freeway haha but she did well.....I haven't got a lift kit on her so her only prob was that she lacked clearance.....only got stuck once (belly) and heaps of brand new Landcruisers got stuck numerous times (and the same one's).....one of whom Ness pulled out proudly :-)

Clunk
27th October 2011, 12:57 AM

well I was gonna say something but thought I'd best not seeing as you've only just got here!!!!! hahahahahaha

Clunk
27th October 2011, 01:00 AM
Thanks so much.....I live by the beach but don't take Nessie out much.....I took her to Wedge once and she wondered what on earth she was doing in the sand instead of on the freeway haha but she did well.....I haven't got a lift kit on her so her only prob was that she lacked clearance.....only got stuck once (belly) and heaps of brand new Landcruisers got stuck numerous times (and the same one's).....one of whom Ness pulled out proudly :-)

I haven't done any actual beach driving yet...... closest I've got is Muchae Pines, tend to get out on the tracks a bit and play on the rocks and muddy bits........ So where abouts are ya if you don't mind me asking?

madmaxtechnology
27th October 2011, 01:13 AM
Yeah...I realised after I re-read my post how that had come out....lucky I'm not a male eh ? haha

I live near Quinns Rock. My previous vehicle was a 1985 MQ SWB Nissan Patrol (petrol) Loved her as much as this one....but my husband (back then) and I started a family and it didn't accomodate so we changed up to the 1995.....it was only 18 months old when we bought her. Now it's just me and the my Ness....preferred her than the husband haha

Clunk
27th October 2011, 01:25 AM
Yeah...I realised after I re-read my post how that had come out....lucky I'm not a male eh ? haha

I live near Quinns Rock. My previous vehicle was a 1985 MQ SWB Nissan Patrol (petrol) Loved her as much as this one....but my husband (back then) and I started a family and it didn't accomodate so we changed up to the 1995.....it was only 18 months old when we bought her. Now it's just me and the my Ness....preferred her than the husband haha

yeah partners just complicate matters when it comes to the Trols!!!!!!!! hahahahahahahaha

well I hope your gonna keep your old girl going and not down grade to one of those GU thingys!!!!!1 hahahahahaha...

madmaxtechnology
27th October 2011, 01:27 AM
Yep...gonna keep the old girl going.....love her :-)

madmaxtechnology
27th October 2011, 01:30 AM
Nizzbits.......I'll check it out..thanks for that !!

Clunk
27th October 2011, 01:32 AM
You can edit your own posts after you've posted them by clicking on the edit button at the bottom right of your post if you need to mate.

no don't tell her that Patch.............. it makes good reading!!!!! hahahahaha

patch697
27th October 2011, 01:33 AM
yeah partners just complicate matters when it comes to the Trols!!!!!!!! hahahahahahahaha

well I hope your gonna keep your old girl going and not down grade to one of those GU thingys!!!!!1 hahahahahaha...

Old mate....... Thats about the most philosophical thing I've heard you say in a while........... Love your work.......lol

Clunk
27th October 2011, 01:34 AM
Old mate....... Thats about the most philosophical thing I've heard you say in a while........... Love your work.......lol

only going by my own experience with my handbrake mate!!!!!!!! hahahahaha

patch697
27th October 2011, 01:35 AM
Nizzbits.......I'll check it out..thanks for that !!

He's in Vic but he's a bloody good bloke & really good on price.....

Freight might be a killer though?

patch697
27th October 2011, 01:37 AM
no don't tell her that Patch.............. it makes good reading!!!!! hahahahaha

Unlike you brother..... I have to do the right thing........ It set a good example for others, not that its rubbed off on you any..................hahahahahaha

Now look what you gone & made me do...... Im a bloody hijacker now.......................hahahahahahaha

Clunk
27th October 2011, 01:39 AM
Unlike you brother..... I have to do the right thing........ It set a good example for others, not that its rubbed off on you any..................hahahahahaha

Now look what you gone & made me do...... Im a bloody hijacker now.......................hahahahahahaha
oh like you don't need any excuse!!!!!!!!!!.................. but thats ok, you can delete it all later!!!!! hahahahahaha

madmaxtechnology
27th October 2011, 01:42 AM
I'm glad that I'm providing the entertainment for tonight hehe ;-) I look at anything to get a new plate on my horn.....she just seems incomplete haha

Hey talking handbrakes.....my handbrake is off....but the light is staying on....it seems to be sticking...started after I started a new job and I didn't use her for 6 weeks (I unplugged the battery) and she sat with handbrake on in my carport......when I finished the job....the handbrake seemed to be having this problem........I'm thinking she's either a bit stretched or that the warning light is faulty ??

patch697
27th October 2011, 01:52 AM
I'm glad that I'm providing the entertainment for tonight hehe ;-) I look at anything to get a new plate on my horn.....she just seems incomplete haha

Hey talking handbrakes.....my handbrake is off....but the light is staying on....it seems to be sticking...started after I started a new job and I didn't use her for 6 weeks (I unplugged the battery) and she sat with handbrake on in my carport......when I finished the job....the handbrake seemed to be having this problem........I'm thinking she's either a bit stretched or that the warning light is faulty ??

If its electrical, Underneath the center console (for screws to remove but a bit of a shit to get the holes tore aline, thake you time & you'll be right here) there is a wire that runs to the hand brake. Go get yourself some CrC contact cleaner & spray it all in & around the switch the wire runs to & it should fix it.

Before you go doing that thogh just make sure your hand brake lever is going all the way down when you release it.

Clunk
27th October 2011, 01:54 AM

oh don't worry we're pretty good at making our own entertainment here........... even when no one else is on!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahah
Unfortunately my handbrake is permanently on, I just can't seem to get pry her off my wallet!!!! lol

madmaxtechnology
27th October 2011, 01:58 AM
Yep...I am making sure it's going all the way down....that was the first thing I tried. Now and then it goes off whilst going around roundabouts. I shall have a go at your suggestion. Loving this site that I accidently came across tonight. Its like having my own patrol helpers at my fingertips !!! :-)
I'm in 7th heaven now. Thanks guys !! Now for another (stupid query.....there had to be one ok !!) what's the warning light right next to the handbrake telling me ? It came on for about a short period when driving up to the shop today.....when I went to take notice of it again it had gone out. So now I don't know what it was warning me of. It's on the right hand side....right next to handbrake warning.

madmaxtechnology
27th October 2011, 01:59 AM
You are funny Clunk !! :-))

patch697
27th October 2011, 02:01 AM
Its your alternator warning light & if thats coming on then I'd be keeping a close eye on it as it generally indicates a charge problem.

Clunk
27th October 2011, 02:02 AM
Yep...I am making sure it's going all the way down....that was the first thing I tried. Now and then it goes off whilst going around roundabouts. I shall have a go at your suggestion. Loving this site that I accidently came across tonight. Its like having my own patrol helpers at my fingertips !!! :-)
I'm in 7th heaven now. Thanks guys !! Now for another (stupid query.....there had to be one ok !!) what's the warning light right next to the handbrake telling me ? It came on for about a short period when driving up to the shop today.....when I went to take notice of it again it had gone out. So now I don't know what it was warning me of. It's on the right hand side....right next to handbrake warning.
oooh ooooh oooooh I think I know this one............. if it's the one I'm thinking it is and comes on when you're accelerating, you're filter is no doubt a little blocked, take it out clean it up , or replace if it's in bad shape and stick it back in................ and bobos your uncle...... no more light

patch697
27th October 2011, 02:02 AM

Don't go encouraging him..... You'll live to regret it...........................................hahah ahahahahahahahaha

Clunk
27th October 2011, 02:03 AM
oooh ooooh oooooh I think I know this one............. if it's the one I'm thinking it is and comes on when you're accelerating, you're filter is no doubt a little blocked, take it out clean it up , or replace if it's in bad shape and stick it back in................ and bobos your uncle...... no more light

ok i guess it was the wrong one i was thinking of!!!! lol............ I'll go back to being my usual dribbling self now!!! hahahahaha

Clunk
27th October 2011, 02:05 AM

it doesn't happen very often so dont get too used to it!!!!!

patch697
27th October 2011, 02:06 AM
Its your alternator warning light & if thats coming on then I'd be keeping a close eye on it as it generally indicates a charge problem.

Scrap this one...... It actually your oil pressure warning light ( just went out & checked mine).

Check your oil level & makes sure its not down.

madmaxtechnology
27th October 2011, 02:11 AM
Thanks.....thats what my first thought was....Oil......I have got a small oil leak......but I do need to drop my oil....replace the filters as well and give her a birthday. Last time I did my oil....I did something stupid and overfilled her.....what an idiot!!.......mental note after having to let some oil out....do it with gloves on....letting oil run over your acrylic nails makes them black and they STAY black until you get your nails re-done....made me look like I had dirty fingernails big time.
How blonde is that ? hahahahaha

madmaxtechnology
27th October 2011, 02:13 AM
Hey....thanks for going out and checking yours for me Paul....what a sweety -))

patch697
27th October 2011, 02:17 AM

Hay, hay....... Im a rough & tough Patrol driver...... No sweet stuff going on here..............................hahahahahahahaha haha

patch697
27th October 2011, 02:19 AM
Thanks.....thats what my first thought was....Oil......I have got a small oil leak......but I do need to drop my oil....replace the filters as well and give her a birthday. Last time I did my oil....I did something stupid and overfilled her.....what an idiot!!.......mental note after having to let some oil out....do it with gloves on....letting oil run over your acrylic nails makes them black and they STAY black until you get your nails re-done....made me look like I had dirty fingernails big time.
How blonde is that ? hahahahaha

If you find it flicking on corners or up & down hills, it normally low oil..... Just something to keep in mind

Clunk
27th October 2011, 02:26 AM

Hay, hay....... Im a rough & tough Patrol driver...... No sweet stuff going on here..............................hahahahahahahaha haha
oh you know that's just all talk Patch...... don't make me find that photo and post it up in here too!!!!! hahahahaha

madmaxtechnology
27th October 2011, 02:28 AM
He he Does that make me a rough n tough patrol driver as well ? ;-) My last partner reckons I drive like a bloke....whatever that means ?? haha

patch697
27th October 2011, 02:32 AM
oh you know that's just all talk Patch...... don't make me find that photo and post it up in here too!!!!! hahahahaha

Thats almost a suckable offense coming from you clunk.

Clunk
27th October 2011, 02:33 AM

He he Does that make me a rough n tough patrol driver as well ? ;-) My last partner reckons I drive like a bloke....whatever that means ?? haha

well for some it might mean "properly", to some of the fairer sex more likely to be "without due care and attention"!!!!! hahahaha............... oh hang on, that's usually how the fairer sex drive!!!!PML

patch697
27th October 2011, 02:33 AM

Im not quite sure what that means either but if I had to guess I think he was paying you some sort of twisted compliment..............hahahahaha

Clunk
27th October 2011, 02:34 AM
Thats almost a suckable offense coming from you clunk.

ok ok I'll get Rossco to do it!!!! hahahahaha

madmaxtechnology
27th October 2011, 02:39 AM
You guys are like the two Ronnie's....haha I think it means that I drive differently to most women ;-) is that the better answer ????
And.........what is a suckable offense ?? Jesus....I don't wanna say the wrong thing on here then.......was that a typo ?? ;-)

madmaxtechnology
27th October 2011, 02:40 AM
I change down gears when slowing down......instead of just hitting the brakes at the lights.....I think that's what my ex mean't really ;-) I also like a bit of grunt and don't baby her....she is a diesel after all.

katwoman
27th October 2011, 02:42 AM
Welcome, Madmax.. Hope you find plenty here to help you out..

Dhuck
27th October 2011, 07:16 AM
welcome to the forum mate

Silver
27th October 2011, 07:54 AM
Mad Max, not sure if you were saying the brake warning light was coming on when going around corners - if so your brake fluid level may be low. The level drops as the brake pads wear. Or it may be a leak.

Sir Roofy
27th October 2011, 08:17 AM
Welcome aboard mad max enjoy your stay

AB
27th October 2011, 08:22 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, perfect example of how easy it is to rack up 25 posts to get the manuals.

Feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

nowoolies
27th October 2011, 08:40 AM
g`day mate
welcome on board
heaps of laughs and bucket loads of info here enjoy
nowoolies
Paul
p:s piccies we luv piccies

macca
27th October 2011, 10:40 AM
G'day
Welcome Patrol buddy, looking forward to photos from your "home tracks"
Macca

madmaxtechnology
27th October 2011, 11:17 AM
Mad Max, not sure if you were saying the brake warning light was coming on when going around corners - if so your brake fluid level may be low. The level drops as the brake pads wear. Or it may be a leak.

Thanks for that.....will check that because I think you may be right :-)

NissanGQ4.2
27th October 2011, 05:20 PM
Welcome 2 the forum Mad Max,

As you can already tell great bunch here.

You probably already have the manual so know exactly which light came on, but will post it up just in case you don't have it yet

So what was the light that came up????

Cheers

Todd

wildgu6
27th October 2011, 06:42 PM
G'day Max even if your mad,
Great bunch around here mate, great advice, heaps of knowledge & experience and some great laughs too,
Feel free to join in where ever you find interesting.

Welcome aboard.Enjoy the ride

Cheers Pete

madmaxtechnology
28th October 2011, 03:47 AM
Thanks Todd....as a matter of fact i havent got a manual as it was stolen. I'm trying to look at yr attachment via my ph but it wont let me view atm. I'll wait til i'm on my lappy coz i'm laying in bed readn forum this way tonight. Geez i'm a slacker haha ;-) I'll get back to you regarding this.

Danek
28th October 2011, 07:18 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

Mark S
28th October 2011, 10:29 AM
welcome to the forum ;)

Finly Owner
31st October 2011, 11:22 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Max

Tim

timbar
31st October 2011, 11:22 PM
G'day Mate - Welcome aboard join in when you are ready and have fun mate plenty to do see and if u have any problems just ask and im sure u will get an answer !! Bucket loads of usefull information here plenty to read so join in meet the great bunch of guys and girls on our wonderful forum !!

You will not be disapointed !!

ENJOY and WELCOME

Tim

madmaxtechnology
1st November 2011, 01:14 AM
Thanks for the welcome guys :-D