PDA

View Full Version : Diesel fuel lines GQ

ipatrol26
26th October 2011, 07:46 AM
First of all I AM SORRY FOR BOTHERING SO MUCH but this site has helped me a million that you guys canīt imagine, so here is my question:

As some of you might know I doing a SD33 into a GQ conversion (LONG STORY) as well as all you GQ owners (or I am wrong) know that from the diesel tank there are two lines one that brings the fuel (thick one) and one that returns the excess fuel (skinny one), so happens that the fuel pump entry on a SD33 is the same sizes as the return line on the GQ therefore the original fuel line on a GQ will not fit so my question is IF i can use the return line instead and hook it into the SD33 diesel entry and definitely block the other line or does the sending unit on the tank only sends through the Thick line ?????????

Sir Roofy
26th October 2011, 08:01 AM
i could give two or three different anwers for this question but they would all be wrong
a gq owner will be along shortly

as for bothering us with your questions /mate thats what this community is all about HELPING LIKE MINED PPL LIKE US
WHERE A FRIENDLY BUNCH HERE DONT BE SHY ASK AWAY

Ade
26th October 2011, 09:57 AM
First of all I AM SORRY FOR BOTHERING SO MUCH but this site has helped me a million that you guys canīt imagine, so here is my question:

As some of you might know I doing a SD33 into a GQ conversion (LONG STORY) as well as all you GQ owners (or I am wrong) know that from the diesel tank there are two lines one that brings the fuel (thick one) and one that returns the excess fuel (skinny one), so happens that the fuel pump entry on a SD33 is the same sizes as the return line on the GQ therefore the original fuel line on a GQ will not fit so my question is IF i can use the return line instead and hook it into the SD33 diesel entry and definitely block the other line or does the sending unit on the tank only sends through the Thick line ?????????

Gday mate.

I think you have to used the suction line on a GQ instead of the return line because usually the return line inside an oil or fuel tank are not dipped to the bottom of the tank.

Gurus please..help is needed here.

the ferret
26th October 2011, 10:30 AM
Mate, You will need to use the original feed line as it will have a filter on it inside the tank, It will be lowest for pick up.
So you will also need to change fittings.
Using the thicker line will be best.
Cheers, the ferret.

YNOT
26th October 2011, 01:17 PM
Ade and The Ferret are both correct. The original fuel out line from the tank picks up fuel from the bottom of the tank, the return line just drops the fuel back in the top of the tank. You might be able to make or buy a fuel line reducer so you can adapt the hose to suit.

Tony

ipatrol26
27th October 2011, 09:19 AM
Thanks very much guys, and to my opinion me asking question to you guys in this forum its better instead to just taking it to a regular mechanic and charging me $$$$$ and hurrying the work and at the end I have to go back and do some more repair for more $$$$$$...........So pretty much I am doing all the work myself one day per week only because thatīs all I have left and not to mention that I have a little girl on the way and a new house aaaaaaaaaand have mention christmas....... man this is a hell of a job that my wife and I are pulling off..........little by little but weīre getting it done slowly but surely. Iīll have some pictures for you guys to take a look at my crazy conversion (patrol GQ with a SD33 and k160 tranny)

the ferret
27th October 2011, 10:29 AM
Mate, When the pennies are tight we all have to try different things to save a buck.
I have been in your situation over the years and have fitted all sorts of things that some folk laughed at, but they worked.
I see no major problem with what you are doing, I hope your gearbox is 5 speed tho.
Best of luck getting it all done mate.
Cheers, the ferret.

ipatrol26
28th October 2011, 08:43 AM
Yeap!!! its a 5 speed manual k160 tranny so it should do my normal daily activities and a little of off road (nothing extreme), the only thing that concerns me the most is the misaligned prop shaft but actually after putting it together it actually doesnīt look that bad and in fact I was told by some guys here in the forum that it shouldnīt give me any problems as well as it would help a lot if I can fit a double cardan joints.

the ferret
28th October 2011, 10:19 AM
Double cardans would be good, but I would just see how it goes, I have seen prop shafts at all sorts of angles, that's the whole idea of the universal joint.
Hang in there mate, she'll be good.
Cheers, the ferret.