PDA

View Full Version : O2 sensor

sake
18th October 2011, 10:27 PM
Newby to this site.Has anyone had a problem with the engine warning light coming on and when hooked up to a diagnostic computer says that the O2 sensor 2nd bank is faulty. however i have installed 4 new generic 4wire sensors,reset the fault and it still comes up after a while. So installed genuine Nissan sensors and still the same.Any thoughts. Should have said it is a 2007 4.8 st-l wagon with 150000 kms

NissanGQ4.2
19th October 2011, 04:56 PM
Newby to this site.Has anyone had a problem with the engine warning light coming on and when hooked up to a diagnostic computer says that the O2 sensor 2nd bank is faulty. however i have installed 4 new generic 4wire sensors,reset the fault and it still comes up after a while. So installed genuine Nissan sensors and still the same.Any thoughts. Should have said it is a 2007 4.8 st-l wagon with 150000 kms

Hi mate, Post up an intro in the intro thread when you get a chance.

Sorry can't help with your problem, but I'm sure one of our other members will be able 2 offer guidence

Cheers

Todd

albi
20th October 2011, 09:19 PM
have you done any work to engine at all ??
ive seen ones in my shop were the harness has been pinched and brought up an fault code .
just rember a fault code isnt a hard fault for a problem "it only give an area to look ,if the ecu dont see a signal relating to the o2 sensor then it assumes it may be at fault .
my r50 pathy came up with same problem and it was the air flow sensor at fault !

sake
21st October 2011, 10:14 AM
thanks for the reply. No i havnt done anything to the motor apart from general service although I wish I could get better economy at the moment im at about 18-20lt/100 on the freeway and around town.

NissanGQ4.2
21st October 2011, 04:55 PM
thanks for the reply. No i havnt done anything to the motor apart from general service although I wish I could get better economy at the moment im at about 18-20lt/100 on the freeway and around town.

intro section can be found here btw: http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/forumdisplay.php?2-Introductions

Yendor
21st October 2011, 05:45 PM
We are going to need a bit more info.

Is it running on gas?, does it idle rough? does the engine have a miss fire?

What does the O2 sensor indicate, vehicle is running rich? lean?, slow/no reading?

I'm guessing by your second post it shows running lean?

Have you checked for vacuum leaks, valve clearances?

Nordic
21st October 2011, 07:29 PM
Hi mate, like what yendor sad, check for vacuum leaks like intake manifold,vacuum hoses....etc. Best way to find vacuum leaks is to let the engine run at idle speed and spray brake and parts cleaner around the vacuum spotīs (everywhere where vacuum is supposed to be) if there is any change in the idle u found ur leak! Also it can be a faulty airflow meter.

Hope this will help,mate!

Cheers

edit....check coolant temp sensorīs aswell!

albi
24th October 2011, 09:04 PM
just to make it more frustrating for you , a faulty airflow sensor can and will give of o2 sensor faults

Skitzyrex
28th July 2013, 11:51 AM
Figured I'd be better off bumping this thread than creating a new one. Just wondering if these are the two oxygen sensors on a y61 patrol? There are two sensor that appear to also go to the exhaust lower down. Thanks for looking.
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s51/skitzyrex/null-1.jpg