PDA

View Full Version : I've just become a Patrol owner

holden4th
18th October 2011, 08:31 PM
Just took ownership of a 2004/MY05 3.0L GU IV DX auto. It's got 300K on the clock but seems to be OK overall with just a few rattles and squeaks and some cosmetic work to be done inside as the previous owner is tradie. It has few extras that I didn't expect including winch and driving lights and when I give it a bit of gas it picks up much better than I expected for such a heavy fourbie.

I'd like to spend a few dollars on both the exterior and also making sure that the motor is optimally tuned and I'll use the boards on this forum to seek advice. Please bear with a Patrol newbie as I ask what might seem to be dumb questions. My two previous vehicles were Paj's (one petrol, one diesel) and I am no stranger to 4WDs and where they can go in this wide brown land of ours.

So I look forward to working with forum.

Cheers

Wal

Woof
18th October 2011, 08:35 PM
Welcome to the forum Wal, enjoy .... and there is no such thing as a dumb question here mate

Clunk
18th October 2011, 08:36 PM
G'day Wal and welcome aboard mate........ And no question is a dumb question mate, enjoy

boots
18th October 2011, 08:40 PM
Good onya and welcome bud , heaps of info on this site . what part of the world ya from and any pics of your 4b ?

Maxhead
18th October 2011, 08:41 PM
G'day Wal, welcome to the forum mate

big_fletch
18th October 2011, 09:02 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, always good to have another member aboard

Fletcha

wildgu6
18th October 2011, 09:03 PM
G'day Wal,
Great bunch around here mate, great advice, heaps of knowledge & experience and some great laughs too,
Feel free to join in where ever you find interesting.
Dumb questions ? if i can be a regular on this great site mate and the guys /gals make me feel like part of the family,ask as many dumb Q's as you like.

Welcome aboard buddy.Enjoy the ride

Cheers Pete

Sir Roofy
18th October 2011, 09:19 PM
Welcome aboard wal enjoy your stay

holden4th
18th October 2011, 09:32 PM
What a great response already - I think I'm going to enjoy this place. Many thanks for your welcoming comments guys

Cheers

Wal

Bigrig
18th October 2011, 09:39 PM
G'day mate - Welcome aboard. Great people, information and laughs to be found on the forum, so don't be shy and join to make the most of it. Enjoy!

Finly Owner
18th October 2011, 10:30 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Wal

Tim

growler2058
19th October 2011, 03:09 AM
G'day Wal welcome aboard mate

Dr Drift
19th October 2011, 06:35 AM
Hi and welcome to the site,

I am also a newbie....

Dr Drift....

Dhuck
19th October 2011, 07:12 AM
welcome to the forum mate

AB
19th October 2011, 08:06 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

snicko
19th October 2011, 10:01 AM
Welcome to the forum Wal. A bunch of friendly people here with plenty of info - Enjoy

Heals61
19th October 2011, 10:12 AM
Greetings Wal from another newbie

Mark S
19th October 2011, 10:14 AM
G'day Wal, welcome to the site, heaps of info and good advice on here....

macca
19th October 2011, 01:46 PM
G'day Wal
Welcome Patrol buddy, looking forward to photos from your "home tracks"
Macca

White Elephant
19th October 2011, 04:15 PM
Welcome to the Forum Wal. you made the right decision in becoming a Patrol owner! You won't be disappointed! I'm a newbie too but there is loads of grea tinfo on here!

I meant to type "great info" btw.lol! I don't know if you'll find any grea tinfo on here, incidentally,does anyone know what that actually is? hehe.

Dark 1
19th October 2011, 09:49 PM
Welcome mate have a poke around & join in when your ready

nowoolies
19th October 2011, 11:13 PM
g`day mate
welcome on board
heaps of laughs and bucket loads of info here enjoy
nowoolies
Paul
p:s piccies we luv piccies

timbar
22nd October 2011, 12:43 AM
G'day Mate - Welcome aboard join in when you are ready and have fun mate plenty to do see and if u have any problems just ask and im sure u will get an answer !! Bucket loads of usefull information here plenty to read so join in meet the great bunch of guys and girls on our wonderful forum !!

You will not be disapointed !!

ENJOY and WELCOME

Tim