PDA

View Full Version : y61 Patrol getting a face lift

Maxhead
17th October 2011, 09:44 AM
Looking at purchasing a new Patrol so was talking to a dealer and she mentioned February next year the Patrol is getting a face lift.

Vehicle stability control
rear diff lock
instrument cluster change
few other small cosmetic things I can't remember

No news on new motor or new shape vehicle :(

Apparently the bulletin has been released by Nissan and change due early Feb.

Sir Roofy
17th October 2011, 10:13 AM
Looking at purchasing a new Patrol so was talking to a dealer and she mentioned February next year the Patrol is getting a face lift.

Vehicle stability control
rear diff lock
instrument cluster change
few other small cosmetic things I can't remember

No news on new motor or new shape vehicle :(

Apparently the bulletin has been released by Nissan and change due early Feb.

HOW ABOUT THE NEW PATROL LE V8 COMMING MAYBE FEB ,GOT ALL THE BELLS AND WHISTLES WITH IT
DOES 11.8LPER 100KS WITH A 140L TANK,MATCHED UP TO A 7SPEED AUTO,Mmmmmm GUESSING IT TO BE 80--95THOU
AH WELL ONE CAN ONLY DREAM

ONLY COMES IN PETROL

Maxhead
17th October 2011, 10:46 AM
HOW ABOUT THE NEW PATROL LE V8 COMMING MAYBE FEB ,GOT ALL THE BELLS AND WHISTLES WITH IT
DOES 11.8LPER 100KS WITH A 140L TANK,MATCHED UP TO A 7SPEED AUTO,Mmmmmm GUESSING IT TO BE 80--95THOU

ONLY COMES IN PETROL

I think that might be in the new Y62 Patrol alongside a diesel version as well.

I think Nissan will keep the Y61 for a good while yet otherwise they wouldn't give it a face lift .
Seeing the 3.0CRD is the only engine option currently they have to release some thing with a bit more Wooommfffff...LOL but I don't they'll change the complete drive train

Sir Roofy
17th October 2011, 12:54 PM
Your probably wright they have been testing this one at werribee 4x4 testing grounds in vic will be interesting to see when it comes on the market

rkinsey
17th October 2011, 01:27 PM

ONLY COMES IN PETROL

Im getting consistent 11.9 - 13L/100km out of my 15year old 2.8TD Y60 (Highway travel over 350kms, tyre pressure @ 45psi loaded with the family for a weekend away) and after a bit more tweaking of the turbo and injectors etc I think I can improve on this.

Think I'll keep mine....

Cheers,

Rob

Sir Roofy
17th October 2011, 02:05 PM
Im getting consistent 11.9 - 13L/100km out of my 15year old 2.8TD Y60 (Highway travel over 350kms, tyre pressure @ 45psi loaded with the family for a weekend away) and after a bit more tweaking of the turbo and injectors etc I think I can improve on this.

Think I'll keep mine....

Cheers,

Rob

if i was getting that id be happy also

Maxhead
17th October 2011, 04:02 PM

Think I'll keep mine....

Cheers,

Rob
Yeah, but can you match 298kw of power? LOL

DX grunt
17th October 2011, 08:20 PM

ONLY COMES IN PETROL

Stop yelling. I'm not deaf!! lol Sorry for hyjack.

Maxhead
13th January 2012, 09:25 AM
Woohooo!!!

The new updated and refreshed Nissan Patrol is now in stock and 2 weeks for delivery. I can't wait to see it!!!

Looks like a new Troll it is!!! As you can tell I'm not excited at all...LOLOL

Bob
13th January 2012, 11:24 AM
Woohooo!!!

The new updated and refreshed Nissan Patrol is now in stock and 2 weeks for delivery. I can't wait to see it!!!

Looks like a new Troll it is!!! As you can tell I'm not excited at all...LOLOL

What is the Power Plant

Maxhead
13th January 2012, 03:41 PM
What is the Power Plant

Still a 3l CRD, not sure if they've changed anything on it or not

Sir Roofy
13th January 2012, 03:48 PM
Still a 3l CRD, not sure if they've changed anything on it or not

ONLY DIFFERENCE WOULD BE A BIT MORE SQAURE BODY SHAPE AND SMALLER FLARES ??
AND A 2011 MODEL AND 49Gs +

Maxhead
17th January 2012, 05:42 AM
Well, went and had a look at the GU8 and was a bit disappointed on the so called" refreshed model"

Sure it has, stability control and that is only because they have to meet the new Vic rules. Rear diff lock???, why not put it at the front and keep the current LSD!
The instrument cluster change...woohoo! fing Nissan. They added two chrome rings around the tacho and speedo...that's it.

They have got rid off the antenna from the front and it is now on the rear window. There was couple other small changes not worth remembering.

I asked if there is any change to the motor and the dealer said it is not documented by Nissan but that doesn't mean there is no change. Nissan do make changes to improve the vehicles but not tell anyone. so only time will tell.

I have been doing my head in as to which vehicle to get as a tow vehicle!!!!!

Patrol - well I can't fault it except the motor is a fraction underpowered but might be ok in a manual
v6 3L Navara - bloody expansive
V6 3l Pathy - to expensive
Ford Ranger or Mazda BT-50 - nice but nor really a strong 4x4
LC200 - its a Toyota....lol
VW tOURAG - bloody nice but small and expensive

taslucas
17th January 2012, 12:23 PM
Well, went and had a look at the GU8 and was a bit disappointed on the so called" refreshed model"

Sure it has, stability control and that is only because they have to meet the new Vic rules. Rear diff lock???, why not put it at the front and keep the current LSD!
The instrument cluster change...woohoo! fing Nissan. They added two chrome rings around the tacho and speedo...that's it.

They have got rid off the antenna from the front and it is now on the rear window. There was couple other small changes not worth remembering.

I asked if there is any change to the motor and the dealer said it is not documented by Nissan but that doesn't mean there is no change. Nissan do make changes to improve the vehicles but not tell anyone. so only time will tell.

I have been doing my head in as to which vehicle to get as a tow vehicle!!!!!

(A)Patrol - well I can't fault it except the motor is a fraction underpowered but might be ok in a manual
(B)v6 3L Navara - bloody expansive
(C)V6 3l Pathy - to expensive
(D)Ford Ranger or Mazda BT-50 - nice but nor really a strong 4x4
(E)LC200 - its a Toyota....lol
(F)VW tOURAG - bloody nice but small and expensive

(A) could stay on this forum and live a happy life
(B) Would have to leave forum
(C) Would have to leave forum
(D) Would have to leave forum
(E) Would have to leave forum
(F) Would have to leave forum

Choice is yours mate!!!! LOLOLOL

Maxhead
17th January 2012, 01:02 PM
(E) Would have to leave forum

Choice is yours mate!!!! LOLOLOL

Hahah, I thought the same except E

(E) Would have to leave forum and shoot myself...LOLOLOL

I have now decided the Troll it is and as much as I loved the other donks I could not divorce the Patrol...LOL

taslucas
17th January 2012, 02:35 PM
Yeah If they still had a 4.2 or 4.8 there would be no decision at all