PDA

View Full Version : finally i got my patrol!

sparverius
15th October 2011, 11:27 AM
Hi
When I was in Perú for 7 years, I worked in tourism making routes and tours. For this adventure i bought a 1985 Land Cruiser sw... its was ok, but the mechanics and the performance was in the patrols.
Then i went to Chile and began to teach -no more tours- so I bought a Mitsubishi Pajero... it was ok, but when some Patrol reached me in the sand or mountains... I didnt complain, just saw it and think... one day it will be mine.
Yesterday a 1991 patrol sw gq is in my hands. I am very happy. It is no good condition, but is mine and in one day I changed the breaks, steering pump, tires and other minor things... but just one day.
I love the 4.2 diesel engine. Full of power, full of noise, beautiful noise...
Today I went to work in it... and there was some brand new jeeps, subarus, toyotas, fords... but, all of their drivers were frustrated when they look at this LEGEND. And you know why!
Finally, one thing I remember... Many 4x4 go to many places, but only the patrol can come back... and again go and come back.
Hope you understand my emotional english.
Christian -Sparverius-

Clunk
15th October 2011, 11:33 AM
great stuff Christian.............. good to hear you've found what you were looking for............. now don't forget to take lots of photos and post them up on here!!!!!!

growler2058
15th October 2011, 11:47 AM
Gday Christian welcome aboard mate, got yuaself a good ride now mate, next is photos please

AB
15th October 2011, 11:50 AM
Well done mate and congratulations!

Show us some pics when you get time...

sparverius
15th October 2011, 11:58 AM
Patrols are the unique dinousaurs alive!

sparverius
15th October 2011, 12:04 PM
The beginning photos will be with my best friends... my kids, our bicicles and their water and my beer. Thanks.

timbar
15th October 2011, 12:21 PM
Good stuff mate you cant go wrong
if its not a patrol its not worth it lovinit mate

sparverius
15th October 2011, 12:21 PM
Absolutely yes. I have dreamt a trip with my kids to the south of Chile: Carretera Austral! Its a must. Just 4x4 can make it! thanks for you welcome!

sparverius
15th October 2011, 12:22 PM
I need to adjust the idle speed... help... how much?

Maxhead
15th October 2011, 12:23 PM
Did you know it was illegal to post up an intro and brag about the patrol without any pics? LOL

haha, just kidding mate. Welcome to the forum Sparverius, enjoy and get these pics up before the ban stick comes out :)

kristjanb
15th October 2011, 12:45 PM
Welcome mate...

Sir Roofy
15th October 2011, 12:51 PM
what a proud man you are
congrats mate on your perchace
welcome aboard enjoy your stay

twisty
15th October 2011, 06:03 PM
Did you know it was illegal to post up an intro and brag about the patrol without any pics?)

Oh ... I thought that was the rule ....

Welcome aboard Christian. Where are the pics?

Dhuck
15th October 2011, 06:36 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

macca
15th October 2011, 07:40 PM
G'day Christian
Welcome Patrol buddy, looking forward to photos from your "home tracks"
Macca

Finly Owner
15th October 2011, 08:30 PM
Hi and Welcome To Nissans Nut House

Tim

Woof
15th October 2011, 08:54 PM
Great news there Christian, enjoy your new toy mate

Ade
15th October 2011, 10:45 PM
Gday mate, congratulation for the new Patrol and welcome on board :)

wildgu6
16th October 2011, 05:44 PM
G'day Christian,
Great bunch around here mate, great advice, heaps of knowledge & experience and some great laughs too,
Congrat's on the new rig mate,

Welcome aboard buddy.Enjoy the ride

Cheers Pete