PDA

View Full Version : what exhaust system??

bazz61
11th October 2011, 08:01 AM
hi all, i'm setting my DX 4.2non turbo(160ks) up for towing ,2.5 ton, its completley original, am going to be towing in Pilbra area,, its fairly low geared doing 2400rpms at 100k, having snorkel fitted , the exhaust system looks pretty rusty so looking at extractors , can any one recommend a good system , and what bore size , also some one to supply and fit in Gold coast Brizzy area, with the over heating problems i've read about i'm reluctant to turbo, also reusable air filters, are they still available if so what type is best , one other ?? Cheers Bazz

macca
11th October 2011, 08:13 AM
We went away from reusable air filters as they need to be washed properly when a OEM can be blown out in a pinch. The dust etc sticks to the filter oil and really found it to be a PITA.
Our local Pirtek has a cleaning service at about $12-15 per filter. We have used them on all of our work and family cars for many years without any trouble. Save a fortune buying filters, allways use OEM.
On the road getting them cleaned will be a problem, but carrying a spare or 2 might get you through your trip.
Macca

bazz61
11th October 2011, 08:36 AM
thanx for the reply Bazz

patch697
11th October 2011, 10:08 AM
If your not intending to turbo your Rig I'd be going with a 2.5inch (mandrel bent) exhaust & a set of extractors.

If you think you may want to go the turbo path then I'd go a 3inch exhaust.

Give Scott's Rods a call & tell them your from the forum, there at the top of a site sponsors to the right of the page.

AB (Forum Admin) got he's from them & couldn't be happier with it.

growler2058
11th October 2011, 11:44 AM
I got a 2.5" mandrel bent Lukey system new off ebay for $400 about and it fitted up fine

Radmobile
15th October 2011, 07:51 PM
can u get twin turbomanifolds?

nick4884
25th October 2011, 04:26 PM
haven't heard of them, but I guess you could make them/get them made up for you. Would be interesting... :)