PDA

View Full Version : `91 GQ RB30S, what engine manual transmission and diff oils are recommended?

Hawk82
8th October 2011, 12:36 PM
Hi guys,
Just wanted to do some maintenance on my pretty new (new to me ;)) 91 GQ
with RB30 engine.
Just wondering what kind of engine oil you guys would recommend to be used on the engine,
it has done about 315k´s and is 20 years old. Also its on LPG.
Just want to make sure I put in the right stuff!

Also I´m not sure when the trans oil and the diff oils have been replaced last time so I thought it might be a good idea to do these as well. What oil should I use for the manual transmission and also for the front and rear diffs?

I notice after about 30-45 mins driving the center console and the metal on the shift stick get a bit warm, so just wondering if that´s normal or do I need to worry about something?

Thanks

Ivo

patch697
8th October 2011, 12:57 PM
Engine oil I use Penrite HPR GAS

Diffs I use Castrol SAF-XA front & rear. Its an LSD oil & its not the cheapest but its heavy duty stuff & good piece of mind.

Gearbox im about to give this a go, Castrol Multitrax. Keep in mind im running a TB42 here & the boxes are bigger & heavier than the one your running.

The heat in the floor is quite normal.

Hawk82
8th October 2011, 01:22 PM
Thx for that,
I recall that I read somewhere that the front and rear diffs need different oils??
Good to know that I dont need to worry ;)

Hawk82
8th October 2011, 01:23 PM
So can I use the same stuff than u do because u have a different engine
and a different gearbox or what did u wanna say with that?
Just wondering if this is the right for the transmission?

http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/online-store/products/Castrol-Multitrax-Transaxle-Manual-Transmission-Fluid-4-Litre.aspx?pid=1276#Description

cheers