PDA

View Full Version : Hi from KENYA!!!

Farook
7th October 2011, 07:26 PM
Hi Everyone.
I have been reading the forum on this site for a few months now and i must you are all doing a fantastic job!
I live in Kenya and have just switched over from being a Pajero fan to a proud new owner of a Nissan Patrol (2005 model) ZD30 with auto gearbox.
We don't get a lot of support here even though Patrols are quite popular. The articles written by TIMBO and YNOT are amazing and should be included in the user manual for all Patrols.
My car is an import from UK and has genuine 72,000 Kms on the clock. But having used it for a few days have found it totally lacks power on inclines. So the first thing will be to clean the MAF and reset the computer.
One more thing, the car came with a built-in Nissan SatNav. It has the UK map CD with it. Would anyone know if Nissan makes maps for other countries???

Hope to get to get and give info in the coming months.

Regards,
Farook

Sir Roofy
7th October 2011, 07:50 PM
welcome aboard farook great intro enjoy your stay

NissanGQ4.2
7th October 2011, 07:58 PM
Welcome 2 the forum Farook,

Great bunch of guys and girls on here always willing 2 help out where they can.

Not sure what maps Nissan use in there sat nav as i don't own one, but you should be able 2 update it with other countries maps.

Enjoy the forum and what it has 2 offer

Finly Owner
7th October 2011, 11:04 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissan Nut House Farook

Tim

Bigrig
7th October 2011, 11:15 PM
G'day mate - Welcome aboard. Great people, information and laughs to be found on the forum, so don't be shy and join to make the most of it. Enjoy!

growler2058
8th October 2011, 12:16 AM
G'day Farook welcome aboard mate, good to get your feedback cheers!!

Maxhead
8th October 2011, 08:32 AM
G'Day Farook, welcome mate

Dhuck
8th October 2011, 09:16 AM
welcome to the forum mate

DX grunt
8th October 2011, 10:34 AM
G'day Farook

Welcome to the forum.

Take care out there.

Rossco

Clunk
8th October 2011, 11:53 AM
g'day Farook and welcome aboard mate

katwoman
8th October 2011, 07:09 PM
Welcome, mate. Enjoy your stay.

macca
8th October 2011, 07:14 PM
Welcome Patrol buddy, looking forward to photos from your "home tracks"
Macca

AB
8th October 2011, 09:01 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

timbar
9th October 2011, 01:42 AM
G'day Mate - Welcome aboard join in when you are ready and have fun mate plenty to do see and if u have any problems just ask and im sure u will get an answer !! Bucket loads of usefull information here plenty to read so join in meet the great bunch of guys and girls on our wonderful forum !!

You will not be disapointed !!

ENJOY and WELCOME

Tim

nowoolies
9th October 2011, 02:04 AM
g`day Farook
welcome on board mate
heaps of laughs and bucket loads of info here enjoy
nowoolies
Paul
p:s piccies we luv piccies

Random
9th October 2011, 10:10 AM
Farook, welcome
do you know what brand the sat nav is? it is possible to download maps from the manufacturers website, i think its the just a case of putting them on the cd and updating your nav system :)

Gerrit Loubser
10th October 2011, 01:02 AM
Hi and welcome Farook, from a little further south on the Dark Continent. Perhaps you would like to checkout www.patrol4x4.co.za sometime as well?

Farook
10th October 2011, 11:24 PM
Hi Gerrit. Thanks for the info. Did you used to be on the Pajero forum? Your name seems familiar.

Farook
10th October 2011, 11:25 PM
Hi All. Thanks for the welcoming messages.
I know the forums here will be of great help.
I will post a few bush pics when i get my car out there!

Gerrit Loubser
11th October 2011, 07:14 AM
Hi Gerrit. Thanks for the info. Did you used to be on the Pajero forum? Your name seems familiar.
Do you mean www.pajeroclub.co.za? Yip, guilty as charged and still a member there.

Dark 1
11th October 2011, 08:23 PM
Welcome mate, have a poke around & join in when your ready.

snicko
11th October 2011, 08:32 PM
Welcome to the forum mate. Lots of friendly people here with heaps of info - Enjoy

Farook
12th October 2011, 08:36 PM
Do you mean www.pajeroclub.co.za? Yip, guilty as charged and still a member there.

Hi Gerrit. I have been a Pajero fan for over 10 years now, and have had every single model made! But if you may have seen, i posted an issue i had with the GEN3 and i was never able to resolve it. I even sold and bought another thinking that the car may have a defect and still the same. Massive vibration throughout the car when driving on uneven surfaces!!!
Finally i attributed the vibration to the moncoque body that was introduced on the GEN3 onwards.
Well i sold the Pajero and opted for a Patrol. The suspension and ride is miles ahead of the Pajero. Kenya has some pretty bad roads and the Patrol just chews them them!!! No more Pajero for me.
Just thought i would update you.

wildgu6
13th October 2011, 08:46 PM
G'day Farook,
Great bunch around here mate, great advice, heaps of knowledge & experience and some great laughs too,

Welcome aboard buddy.Enjoy the ride

Cheers Pete

kenkampala
16th October 2011, 02:12 AM
Hi Farook,

I am new mate form Kampala, next to your place.
I have small workshop at here.

This country's people have asked to me same question many times.
Because most of car is comming from my country.
I guess Nissan does not have the map of africa.
not only nissan, most of maker have not it too.

If you want to use navigation system at africa, you should install GARMIN navigation.
I think it is only one solution at here,
Does anyone know other idea??

ken