PDA

View Full Version : Long Range fuel tank for GU4

dasemm
6th October 2011, 10:15 AM
Hi,

I am planning a trip to the Kimberly's next year and looking at fitting a long range fuel tank to the GU4. Does anyone have recommendations / experiences with long range tanks. Also should I fit it myself or get a so called professional to do the job.

any help appreciated,

Darren

MudRunnerTD
6th October 2011, 12:31 PM
Hi Darren,

Mate they are relatively easy to fit up, you will use your fuel sender out of the current tanks into the new long rangers.

You will get 70lts into an long range Belly tank and 145lts into a LR rear tank. you already have a twin filler neck so not that big a deal

I'd also recommend a Manual Boost controller, a Boost gauge, a Pyro Gauge and a Dyno tune if you have not done all that. it will make a huge difference to power out of your factory setup and improve fuel economy by allot.

I drove my GUIV TD42Ti onto the Dyno and got 66rwkw running 285s, i drove off with 96rwkw OMG thats a 50% increase with a tune and its a winner.

Enjoy your trip mate

dasemm
6th October 2011, 12:48 PM
Thanks for the info MR, I got the patrol off the dyno 2 weeks ago now and have 95kw at RW with Cooper STT 28575r16, so about the same. Pyro and boost gauges going in this weekend..

MudRunnerTD
6th October 2011, 01:21 PM
Excellent. Pyro is Paramount mate!!! It will change the way you drive your car FOREVER!

Enjoy the new power mate.

When i did my trip up through the Centre last year towing a camper trailer fully loaded with the family i was running around 17lts per 100kms for your info. dropping into low range and that went up a little but never got worst than 22lt/100kms for your interest.

Enjoy your trip Darren

Cheers Darren.

Cool name by the way ;)

MudRunnerTD
6th October 2011, 01:23 PM
I fitted my gauges to a 2 gauge pillar pod off ebay. Winner. it came in black and i was going to paint it to match the other pillar but put it in black and it matches the dash and looks fine from where i am sitting. I doubt i will ever worry about it again.

Cheers

dasemm
6th October 2011, 05:00 PM
Wow that's interesting fuel economy, as I just returned from a 1500klm trip to NW NSW and averaged 16.3 l/100klm with the camper on back.. Might check out the pillar pod as well as they look nice.