PDA

View Full Version : TB42 from ... Dhaka

vespasprint150
2nd October 2011, 02:07 AM
Nice forum!

I landed in Dhaka couple of years back for work and bought a 1992 TB42 with some 70'000km (blue one with gold stripes on the side). The car has changed at least 4 owners and spend most of her life in the heavy traffic jams in Dhaka. Plus maintenance record is bad, with regular oil servicing (changed brand many times) and basically only what went wrong has been fixed...

But I really love the car! The noise, the suspension, the handling, plus the three kids and their friends can fit in easily. Plus we feel safe in the heavy (and aggressive) city traffic. Dual air con is amazing!

I'll stay in Dhaka another 2 years before moving towards new adventures, and will sell the "beast". So, I know very little about engines, plus I still haven't found a 100% trustable workshop...

I need help in knowing the car better: scheduling the maintenance (dusty, hot and humid city with bad quality fuel and lubricants on the market..), preventing mayor problems that might raise etc. Plus now it seems that the car is slightly overheating (outside temp is 35-40Celsius). I ready that the Temp gauge is the first to be checked/replaced. Then? Which oil viscosity? Shall I wash throughout the radiator?

By the way, if anyone is visiting Bangladesh in the next two years... just let me Know!

Tom

RJG
2nd October 2011, 06:50 AM
Gday Tom welcome from another newbie!. Plenty to read around here.

AB
2nd October 2011, 07:51 AM
Welcome to the forum mate.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?1587-What-to-keep-my-eye-on-Preventative-Maintenance&highlight=preventative+maintenance

Have a read of this thread above which should help you. Feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

Dhuck
2nd October 2011, 08:54 AM
Welcome to the forum mate.

nowoolies
2nd October 2011, 09:37 AM
g`day Tom
welcome on board mate
heaps of laughs and bucket loads of info here enjoy
nowoolies
Paul
p:s piccies we luv piccies

Clunk