PDA

View Full Version : Eaton Diff

suvrd28
30th September 2011, 11:02 PM
Hi guys ive had a Eaton Electric lokka fitted to my front diff for about a year now used it a heap of times and works real good.
I went for the electric lokka because it was cheaper than some of the other lockers and also because i didnt need another air compressor.

I would reccomend it to others.

patch697
30th September 2011, 11:04 PM
Im looking into one of these also as I've heard good reports from a few who have them fitted here.

Gerrit Loubser
1st October 2011, 02:04 AM
Which Patrols are these Eaton electric lockers available for? Could you perhaps provide more info or links to info on these lockers.

patch697
1st October 2011, 08:50 AM
Which Patrols are these Eaton electric lockers available for? Could you perhaps provide more info or links to info on these lockers.

The Eaton "E" locker is a after market diff lock available to suit a range of makes & models & basically works on the same principle as an "AIR or Vacuum" engaging locker except its electrically engaged.

Here is a link with a full break down & fitting instructions to give you an idea:

http://www.eaton.com/ecm/groups/public/@pub/@eaton/@per/documents/content/ct_128304.pdf

Gerrit Loubser
1st October 2011, 02:20 PM
Thanks, Patch. I'll have a look.

macca
4th January 2012, 09:29 AM
About to head down this path, like the idea of an electric control as another compressor is a PITA, the under bonnet real estate is very limited now.
The ARB compressor has a weakness in the 4mm HT capscrew that connects the push rod to the shaft, I have broken 2 - one of which was in the Simpson Desert. Not happy.... And they are not waterproof as advertised either as we then filled it full of water washing the engine bay and it siezed.
I'm a little anti that mob due to the way it wasnt sorted.
Enough rant, be interested to hear more experiences with the Aussie version Eaton/Harrop E-Locker.
Cheers Macca

macca
4th January 2012, 09:46 AM
Out of curiosity, honest dear...
Rang our nearest Opposite Lock in Newcastle, front locker fitted $2130 ($1590.00 & $540.00 fitting incl carrier bearings)
Extra for other bits if they are not up to scratch.
No stock in Aus untill end of January at least.
Very popular item according to the bloke I spoke to... sales pitch? I don't know.
Macca