PDA

View Full Version : Bull Bars to be phased out by 2013

ablast
28th September 2011, 11:31 PM
I am uncertain what the government is thinking. In other countries (such as most of Europe) the population is vastly different than it is here in Australia. The areas of bushland and open country areas are also vastly different. I fully understand that there is concern in regard to bull bars on suburban vehicles but our restrictions, rules and regulations in regard to the safety and design are unsurpassed and way above what other countries. Yet we find ourselves at the hands of over educated, inexperienced bureaucrats in regard to these issues.

Here is a interesting read that no doubt spark some debate. I’m very interested in others views.

http://www.abc.net.au/local/stories/2011/02/08/3133446.htm

Bigrig
28th September 2011, 11:37 PM
This has done the rounds mate and like you, we're all dumbfounded that it is even on the agenda (again potentially). It got sh!tcanned about 4 months ago in parliament with government officials doing something out of the ordinary and applying common sense to dismiss the concept due to our "need" for occupant protection (due to the nature of our country) whilst still considering pedestrian safety. No doubt, like all things these days, it'll do the rounds for some time to come with officials looking for things to target to (at the very least) demonstrate they are all about road safety etc ...

the evil twin
29th September 2011, 03:21 PM
Don't have a problem with this strategy at all.

It only affects Steel or Aluminium Bull bars on 2WD vehicles. You know the ones that go to town and are involved in wacking pedestrians or cyclists at about 100 to our 1 so "we" are never going to win that argument irregardless of our point of view.

"Smart" Bullbars on 2WD vehicles are OK and 4 X's are unaffected.

Gets my vote

AB
29th September 2011, 03:36 PM
You know the ones that go to town and are involved in wacking pedestrians or cyclists at about 100 to our 1 so "we" are never going to win that argument irregardless of our point of view.

The ones with 17 aerials and 14 million stickers and lowered utes....The BNS boys...LMAO

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2011/09/41.jpg

growler2058
29th September 2011, 04:11 PM
Results the same if Agatha hits you with or without bull bar!

rkinsey
29th September 2011, 04:19 PM
Results the same if Agatha hits you with or without bull bar!

Yep...if your stupid enough to step out onto the road with out first looking and get hit by a 2 tonne 4X4 doing the spped limit then its gunna hurt no matter what you do to the vehicle.

You just cant legislate against stupidity!

NissanGQ4.2
29th September 2011, 04:20 PM
Extract from article

The changes, if adopted, would affect passenger car and 2WD light commercial vehicles.

The Department of Transport and Infrastructure is considering changing the design rules for new cars to take in account for pedestrian safety.

Existing vehicles would not be affected by the new design rules

Vehicles specifically designed to go off-road, such as 4WD cars, commercial vehicles and SUVs would be permitted to have bullbars similar to the kind already in use.

Seems like this will not affect any 4b with a bullbar :)

patch697
29th September 2011, 06:30 PM
The ones with 17 aerials and 14 million stickers and lowered utes....The BNS boys...LMAO

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2011/09/41.jpg

This things just screaming "I've been to the Dargo Pub"........................hahahahaha

(no offense intended to its residents)

Sir Roofy
29th September 2011, 07:30 PM
Common sence will win in the end
as said above should be illegal to leave city limits with out one

guterra
29th September 2011, 09:03 PM
Common sence will win in the end

Don't get me ranting about the numb wits that pass some of these laws... I only found out the other day that you can be sued by a criminal. If you are found to intentionally setup a means to protect your property, and the criminal hurts themselves trying to steal it or use it, you are in the wrong... I mean wtf is the world coming to... This is a US law at the moment, but you can be sure to see it here soon. Especially the way Bob Brown wants a global government.

Makes me sick!

So I really disagree with the common sense side of things..

PS: Anyone seen the film called Idiocracy? Can see it happening now.

Rant only just warming up but ill stop now... lol

Finly Owner
29th September 2011, 09:17 PM
Glad that this old news dated Feb 2011, has hit a raw nerve unneccessarily!

as stated; (a) not 4wd intended, (b) new model cars not existing ones (c) collectively we stopped this madness anyway!

Tim

PS thanks for caring anyway Ablast and fellow posters.