PDA

View Full Version : Supermarket "cash out" scam

Maxhead
27th September 2011, 07:36 PM
Just heard of a new scam at supermarkets or other outlets.

At the end of the transaction if you're paying by eftpos the check-out operator will add a cash-out amount to your total and pocket the money and not give you the receipt.
So be wary when they don't give you a receipt...:sterb003:

patch697
27th September 2011, 07:57 PM
Just heard of a new scam at supermarkets or other outlets.

At the end of the transaction if you're paying by eftpos the check-out operator will add a cash-out amount to your total and pocket the money and not give you the receipt.
So be wary when they don't give you a receipt...:sterb003:

I'd like to see one try that sh1t on me????........................... Lights out ppl...................hahahahahahaha

AB
27th September 2011, 08:00 PM
Ive always thought if they could easily do that.

The worst thing is a lot of times I say "don't worry about a receipt " as I am going to scrunch it up 2 seconds later so it would pay to get the receipt and actually "LOOk" at the transaction too...lol

beansathome
27th September 2011, 08:05 PM
i always get a recepit like at maccas etc coz its proff of what u ordered so they cant fu*k your order

Sir Roofy
27th September 2011, 08:08 PM
always ask for your receipt even if you thro it away you may even glance at it first and spot a mistake

Ben-e-boy
27th September 2011, 08:09 PM
the price you are paying is on the eftpos machine, I dont worry about the reciept either most of the time. but I look at the price on the eftpos machine like patch I'd like them to try it on me too.

clean up at register 3

Woof
27th September 2011, 08:21 PM
Never even crossed my mind about that Kris, thanks mate

DX grunt
27th September 2011, 08:23 PM
I've heard of it happening recently in WA too. Must be doing the rounds, again.

Maxhead
27th September 2011, 08:27 PM
Never even crossed my mind about that Kris, thanks mate

Same here mate, never even thought about it. Missus told me it was in the local paper today.

guterra
28th September 2011, 09:20 PM
clean up at register 3

haha funny as....

Geez people will do anything these days to stitch you up! Its becoming a matter of "how low can you go?"

AB
29th September 2011, 09:11 PM
Just to add to this scam...

Both my father and my brother's cards were scanned and used in America only in the last few days.

$150 at Wallmart and $120 at target...lol...I can just picture the guy at Wallmart!!!

This was with both Benidgo and ANZ banks. Apparently Bendigo Bank has been hit hard with credit card fraud so just another post to maybe check your bank transactions to make sure they are all legitimate too.

Finly Owner
29th September 2011, 09:36 PM
Yeah I 99% of the time say yes please whe asked if I would liker a copy.

Tim

wildgu6
29th September 2011, 10:51 PM
The worst thing is a lot of times I say "don't worry about a receipt " as I am going to scrunch it up 2 seconds later so it would pay to get the receipt and actually "LOOk" at the transaction too...lol

X2 with that Andy, sooo easy too, cheers for that one Kris