PDA

View Full Version : geting some lift

aaron
23rd September 2011, 09:23 PM
hi got 2.5 in lift atm puting 3in springs in back and they gave me 4in front springs couse they say will sag 1 in because steel winch bar do i need to extend all brake lines asap ?????

Bigrig
23rd September 2011, 10:33 PM
hi got 2.5 in lift atm puting 3in springs in back and they gave me 4in front springs couse they say will sag 1 in because steel winch bar do i need to extend all brake lines asap ?????

Sure do mate - and extend the bracket for the brake proportioning valve in the rear ...

aaron
24th September 2011, 07:50 AM
brake proportioning valve bracket how do i extend it ?

Bigrig
24th September 2011, 08:27 AM
brake proportioning valve bracket how do i extend it ?

Longer piece of steel for the mount - I'll take a photo of mine today and post what I mean.

aaron
24th September 2011, 12:59 PM
tra mate will wait for pic

Ben-e-boy
24th September 2011, 10:52 PM
I havnt extended the front brake line on mine and I have a 4 inch lift. I went to do it when I put the lift in and the nut on the solid to flexible line was rooted and I couldnt get it off it hasnt broken yet and its not stretched when its flexed

Bigrig
25th September 2011, 08:54 PM
Here's some pics mate - hopefully clear enough. Essentially you need to raise the bracket the spring loaded brake tensioner goes onto (attached to the plate my finger is on, which is the plate/flat piece you need to raise up) - it needs to go up the same amount as the lift - that is, lift 2" and mount a 2" bracket to lift it, lift 3" and mount a 3" bracket to lift it, etc. The third photo is side on but I'm sure you can figure out what's going on. The bracket is attached to the top and back of the rear diff housing.

Best of luck with it mate, and let us know if you need anything further.

aaron
26th September 2011, 07:44 AM
Thank you i see what you mean now.....

the spring loaded brake tensioner what dose it actuly do ?

Bigrig
26th September 2011, 07:52 AM
Thank you i see what you mean now.....

the spring loaded brake tensioner what dose it actuly do ?

It is for increasing the preload on the rear brakes when carrying load. The more you load up the back up with weight, the more the back end drops and the spring tensions and adds preload to the brakes to ensure they applied harder (as it were) to accommodate the increased weight/load.

Not the best explanation, but essentially means 'more weight on board, more rear braking force'.