PDA

View Full Version : Rear drive shaft issues

ipatrol26
23rd September 2011, 10:02 AM
This is my main problem, as you can this is my GQ rear differential against a custom rear Nissan patrol MQ drive shaft and of course the holes pattern doesn´t meet but the wear thing is that the front GQ diff does match perfectly the hole on the front MG drive shaft so my question is:

- What can I do here to match the rear drive shaft to the GQ diff.

I was thinking on welding a "1/4 thick round plate to the flange and filling the original holes with weld and open new ones acording the MQ drive shaft ooooooorrrrrr and only IF getting a front GQ diff flange and replacing the back one only if it fits perfectly.

HELP PLEASE

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8224

MudRunnerTD
23rd September 2011, 01:05 PM
I would have thought that the safest way, given the torque through that joint, split the Uni and replace that end of the drive shaft with one that matches. Trying to mod up something to do that job is a corner i dont think i would cut mate...

Sorry my 2c

GUtsy ute
23rd September 2011, 06:49 PM
Take your GQ pinion flange and get it redrilled between the original holes to suit the MQ shaft.
Obviously accuracy is the key thing or you will be plagued with vibration problems.
No need to weld on plates and fill holes.
Or do as the above post suggests.

ipatrol26
24th September 2011, 12:30 AM
Very good ideas guys and I'll appreciated very much. I could change the end of the drive shaft to match the GQ diff flange but than again.... Will it still use the same U-joint??. I could also re-drilled new holes but the holes of the MQ drive shaft with the GQ diff flange doesn't meet perfectly but than again their to close to each other. The one option that this lefts me with is... If the front fits perfectly into the GQ diff I could find another one and use it on the back diff but than again...... will it fit into the diff it self????

HELP PLEASE

timbar
24th September 2011, 02:36 AM
not being Funny but why not use a GQ driveshaft ???

patch697
24th September 2011, 11:48 AM
What was the story with the RD28/RB30 diff flange??????

YNOT
24th September 2011, 10:20 PM
H233b front and rear diff flanges are interchangable.

Tony

ipatrol26
26th September 2011, 12:54 PM
So that means that I can get a front diff flange and place it on the rear??

patch697
26th September 2011, 05:54 PM
So that means that I can get a front diff flange and place it on the rear??

Tony's normally pretty spot on with this stuff mate so have a go. As long as your diffs are H233b's you'll be right im tipping.

YNOT
27th September 2011, 07:54 AM
Tony's normally pretty spot on with this stuff mate so have a go. As long as your diffs are H233b's you'll be right im tipping.

Correct. As long as your GQ/Y60 is coil sprung both the front and rear diffs will be H233b and the flanges will interchange - I have done it myself so I know it can be done.
I don't know much about the H260b rear diffs fitted to leaf sprung GQ utes.

And who you calling "Tiny" Paul?

Tony

ipatrol26
27th September 2011, 10:46 AM
Sound good mates, thank you very much.

patch697
27th September 2011, 12:17 PM
Correct. As long as your GQ/Y60 is coil sprung both the front and rear diffs will be H233b and the flanges will interchange - I have done it myself so I know it can be done.
I don't know much about the H260b rear diffs fitted to leaf sprung GQ utes.

And who you calling "Tiny" Paul?

Tony

hahahaha........ Sorry old mate, I didn't even notice, besides you coulda fixed it for me............lol