PDA

View Full Version : Always right !!!!

luxo barge
18th September 2011, 01:13 PM
I Know of a bloke who is always right, we all know someone who is always right even if they are wrong, but this bloke is always right and is right and not wrong. It bugs me a bit, and I ask him wtf are you always right, to which he adds "It's counter productive being wrong"
He seems to go out of his way to only speak the truth, nothing more, and people he speaks to go to leangths to prove him wrong. They accuse him of always being right and hate him for it, they always also say he is wrong and this seems to upset him greatly.

I have never ever heard him be wrong, but he does admit he sometimes is wrong but trys to keep to the facts 90% of the time. He won't speak of something, if he thinks there even might be chance that he may be wrong.

Is there something worng with being right, if you are 100% right ?

luxo barge
18th September 2011, 01:26 PM
I thought I was wrong once, but then I realised I'd made a mistake....

You thought right then....lucky bugger; never wrong

MudRunnerTD
18th September 2011, 01:26 PM
Hmmmmm... Tuff call Luxo.

The problem with a bloke like that is sometimes he might need to let someone else be right, someone else might have the same idea but never gets a chance to have an opinion cause old mate is all over it early. I have trouble with this sometimes cause i like to be helpful and contribute but he needs to be conscious of those around him or he will be the arrogant bloke that knows everything.

There is no joy being the bloke that everyone else looks at and thinks "the been there done that bloke" Learn to bight your tongue more and some things are just not important. Think about it, Does he Really NEED to be right about everything?? if he does then he shows little respect for those around him. He needs to learn to let people be wrong sometimes without a challenge cause sometimes it just does not matter.

luxo barge
18th September 2011, 01:36 PM
Hmmmmm... Tuff call Luxo.

The problem with a bloke like that is sometimes he might need to let someone else be right, someone else might have the same idea but never gets a chance to have an opinion cause old mate is all over it early. I have trouble with this sometimes cause i like to be helpful and contribute but he needs to be conscious of those around him or he will be the arrogant bloke that knows everything.

There is no joy being the bloke that everyone else looks at and thinks "the been there done that bloke" Learn to bight your tongue more and some things are just not important. Think about it, Does he Really NEED to be right about everything?? if he does then he shows little respect for those around him. He needs to learn to let people be wrong sometimes without a challenge cause sometimes it just does not matter.

I'll tell him that; I'll tell him he needs to be a mere mortal sometimes and be purposly wrong at least half the time, so other people can be right and feel like they have had a win, and in turn they may like him more.

I myself accept most people for who they are, and if he's allways right, that does not hurt me, as i think being right can't be such a bad thing. Some people think i'm crazy for this, but that's their view and that's ok with me.

luxo barge
18th September 2011, 02:27 PM
Coolio, it is what it is then, no stress here, this issue now does not bug me.

timbar
18th September 2011, 02:36 PM
hey Luxo
I will let you know now I am very knowledgable in a lot of different areas but i will be the first to admit yes i get it wrong sometimes but im not far off the mark ahahahhahahahahahaha some people just sh!t me like that but very handy to have around in sticky situationns so there is pros and cons but they are usually good guys unless they have there heads up there u know what ??? and think there sh!t dont stink

patch697
18th September 2011, 02:41 PM
Hmmmmm..... What an interesting thread.

I don't think I'll comment as I may discriminate myself & being a Virgo thats just not on...............hahahahahahahahahahhaha

Bigrig
18th September 2011, 02:46 PM
Hmmm ... if I say I'm sometimes wrong, I may be just making a point that I'm often right!!!! lmao ...

timbar
18th September 2011, 02:47 PM
Hmmm ... if I say I'm sometimes wrong, I may be just making a point that I'm often right!!!! lmao ...

well i tell people im always wrong that way they get excited for me when i get it right hahahahahahahaha

Silver
18th September 2011, 03:00 PM
It's interesting indeed. there are some people who think things through to the end, and then maybe open their mouth. They invest a lot of themselves in what they say and appreciate being taken seriously, and being right. In a group discussion it is often necessary to make space for them or they just sit there keeping valuable stuff to themselves.

I'm not one of them. Bit more impulsive and happy to throw out ideas and see what happens.

The ones I have trouble with are those that speak with absolute confidence on everything, even when they don't know what they are talking about. The challenge then is to know what can be relied upon, and what ignored. I've only ever met two of them.

Bigrig
18th September 2011, 03:03 PM
well i tell people im always wrong that way they get excited for me when i get it right hahahahahahahaha

I usually try to set the expectation pretty low ... and then fail to achieve it!!!! lmao

timbar
18th September 2011, 03:09 PM
I usually try to set the expectation pretty low ... and then fail to achieve it!!!! lmao

yeah me too thats why they aare suprised when i do acheive it hahahaha

AB
18th September 2011, 07:51 PM
I know someone like this....

I caught him out one day as he said his old 2wd Hilux can carry 2.5T of weight. I laughed and said no way that thing could carry 2.5T. I think they could barely hold 1T. Anyways he says he used to carry 2.5T of screenings around which is physically impossible to fit over 2m3 into that tray anyway.

I said righto, lets bet $100 you can't put 2.5T on your tray, go down the street and get me a beer and come back.

It took me about 3 months to get the $100 but he eventually came through..LMAO

It would have been funny to see that old Hilux try and carry that weight though..lol...Leaf springs would have been stuffed, tyres would hit the tray and most likely explode...

I had a few palettes of rapid set ready to chuck on too...LMAO

T0nka
18th September 2011, 08:45 PM
lol im always wrong!

Dhuck
18th September 2011, 08:48 PM
I AM ALWAYS RIGHT. Just ask me and I will tell you even if I am wrong

T0nka
18th September 2011, 08:55 PM
My wife has a good strike rate, im just bloody hopeless

katwoman
18th September 2011, 09:03 PM
No comment on this thread. PML

Dhuck
18th September 2011, 09:04 PM
In fairness, I am always right unless I am wrong. If I am wrong it must be right. But I will tell Bigrig to go left and he will go right. So tell me where do I go wrong?

Bigrig
18th September 2011, 09:14 PM
In fairness, I am always right unless I am wrong. If I am wrong it must be right. But I will tell Bigrig to go left and he will go right. So tell me where do I go wrong?

Sounds perfectly logical to me little fella!! lmao

Dhuck
18th September 2011, 09:18 PM
Sounds perfectly logical to me little fella!! lmao

yup me too

Finly Owner
18th September 2011, 11:12 PM
Poor Bloke your Mate is;

If he reads and studies what interests him, he may be right and has the right to be proud of being right.
It's everyone elses right to accept him and deal with thir one "feelings" of not being right.
And as he says if he doesn't think his right he clams up, too right! At least the he he's not right and he's not wrong. But if someone else is right then he'll learn what is right.

I wish I was confident enough to know I right more than I allow myself to trust my memory or knowledge base.

So right you are back to it!

Tim