PDA

View Full Version : Hi from South Africa!

Gerrit Loubser
16th September 2011, 08:08 PM
Hi Guys,

I have just stumbled upon this great forum and immediately joined!

My daily driver and trusty steed is a 1999 (1998 build) Patrol 4.5 GRX Manual that I picked up a few years ago for a comparative steal (well in the South African sense anyway; cars are relatively expensive on this side of the pond). With the TB45E motor, she is more forklift than rocket ship, but I love the old monster. Compared to my wife's DiD Paj (which is also a great vehicle), Imvubu is just ridiculously competent in the rough stuff.:thumbup:

Unfortunately Patrols are nowhere near as common as Land Cruisers in my neck of the woods; quite different from the picture in Aussie, I gather. At least there is now a bit of a Patrol enthusiasts community starting to build up over here. I am a member of the South African Patrol forum (http://www.patrol4x4.co.za).

Anyway, enough babbling for now.

Cheers

Gerrit

Bigrig
16th September 2011, 08:09 PM
G'day mate - Welcome aboard. Great people, information and laughs to be found on the forum, so don't be shy and join to make the most of it. Enjoy!

Woof
16th September 2011, 08:11 PM
Welcome to the forum Gerrit, enjoy mate....when you get a chance through some photos up for us to see.

growler2058
16th September 2011, 08:16 PM
G'day Gerrit welcome aboard mate, good mob here full of great info and advice

snicko
16th September 2011, 08:32 PM
Welcome Gerrit to the forum. Lots of friendly people here with plenty of info - Enjoy

Maxhead
16th September 2011, 08:36 PM
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate

Gerrit Loubser
16th September 2011, 09:16 PM
Thanks for the welcome, guys. :thumbup:

Mrowka
16th September 2011, 11:05 PM
Hi from Ukraine! Huge Springbok fan here!

Clunk
16th September 2011, 11:43 PM
G'dat Gerrit and welcome aboard mate.................... I see the Springboks were in danger of being beaten by the Welsh last week, they're gonna have to pick up their game if they want to retain the cup!!!

Mrowka
16th September 2011, 11:59 PM
They say a champion (*cough* New Zealand *cough* All Blacks *cough*) wins the tough games.

The Bokke managed to squeak out a win against Wales, I hope they can keep doing so.

Clunk
17th September 2011, 12:04 AM
They say a champion (*cough* New Zealand *cough* All Blacks *cough*) wins the tough games.

The Bokke managed to squeak out a win against Wales, I hope they can keep doing so.

they were lucky!!!!!............... they only had the ball for 30% of the time!!!!!! hahahahahahaha oh and the All Slacks, how easy is their group hey!!!!?????

ooops sorry Gerrit didn't mean to hijack your thread mate!!!!!!............ nasty habit of mine

Gerrit Loubser
17th September 2011, 02:49 AM
:smile: No probs Clunk and fancy meeting you here Mrowka.

Some international rugby banter is always great.

The Springboks did give us fans a few heartstopping moments against Wales (who played a great game, I thought). If the Welsh had kicked more accurately they could have won, but then again that could be seen as "justice" for a debateable refereeing decision or two.

Anyhow, the World Cup is not won in the first rounds. :first:
Let's see how the tournament develops.

Clunk
17th September 2011, 03:19 AM
:smile: No probs Clunk and fancy meeting you here Mrowka.

Some international rugby banter is always great.

The Springboks did give us fans a few heartstopping moments against Wales (who played a great game, I thought). If the Welsh had kicked more accurately they could have won, but then again that could be seen as "justice" for a debateable refereeing decision or two.

Anyhow, the World Cup is not won in the first rounds. :first:
Let's see how the tournament develops.

Oh I think there were a few debatable refereeing decisions on both sides mate!!!!!!!!! hahahahahahaha...................... I'm allowed to say that coz I'm Welsh!!!! roflmao

Gerrit Loubser
17th September 2011, 03:48 AM
:thumbup:
Like I said, the Welsh played a great game and if only they had the likes of Neil Jenkins of old, they could have won the game.

Clunk
17th September 2011, 03:55 AM
:thumbup:
Like I said, the Welsh played a great game and if only they had the likes of Neil Jenkins of old, they could have won the game.

Oh I'm sure Mr Hook will come of age soon enough............. just hope that play well against their old Nemesis, Samoa on Sunday!!!!

timbar
17th September 2011, 04:04 AM
G'day Mate - Welcome aboard join in when you are ready and have fun mate plenty to do see and if u have any problems just ask and im sure u will get an answer !! Bucket loads of usefull information here plenty to read so join in meet the great bunch of guys and girls on our wonderful forum !!

You will not be disapointed !!

ENJOY and WELCOME

Tim

Gerrit Loubser
17th September 2011, 05:45 AM
Thanks Tim. Will do.

timbar
17th September 2011, 05:50 AM
thanks mate..... my cousin lives in durban in SA

katwoman
17th September 2011, 08:16 AM
Welcome, mate.

Dhuck
17th September 2011, 09:05 AM
welcome to the forum mate

White Elephant
17th September 2011, 06:43 PM
Welcome aboard! I work with a few South African folk and my whole indoor cricket team(aside from me and another bloke)were all Saffa's! Good people and good laughs...Until it comes to the rugby! hehe. I'm a newbie myself, I'm sure you will find heaps of useful info and enjoy your time in this forum!

Rock n' Roll!

Finly Owner
17th September 2011, 07:56 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Gerrit

Tim

Gerrit Loubser
18th September 2011, 12:28 AM
Thanks guys. This certainly seems to be a fantastically friendly forum compared to some others :wink: .

AB
18th September 2011, 07:38 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

wildgu6
19th September 2011, 06:47 PM
G'day mate, Great bunch around here, great advice, heaps of knowledge & experience and some great laughs too,

Welcome aboard buddy.Enjoy

Cheers Pete