PDA

View Full Version : Disappearing car door?

the ferret
15th September 2011, 12:15 AM
I want one of these fer the trol!!
http://www.flixxy.com/high-tech-car-door.htm

Clunk
15th September 2011, 12:24 AM
yep but I'd want 3 of them, one for each side and and 1 for the rear lol

patch697
15th September 2011, 12:30 AM
Thats simply smart.

Bigrig
15th September 2011, 07:13 AM
Very sexy indeed!! Somewhat concerning to see they made an advertisement with the lady taking the baby from the restraint on the open road side of the vehicle ... but that's not what it was about!!

In all seriousness, where this would be superb is in replacing the rear barn doors!

NissanGQ4.2
15th September 2011, 08:06 AM
Sold.....I'll have 1 for each door, It would make it so much easier in a car park..... esp taking the young ones out.

rkinsey
15th September 2011, 11:55 AM
Wouldnt want to be T-Boned with those doors on though. No side pillar protection. Needs further refining too, you shouldnt be able to drive the vehicle with the doors down as they did.

Nice idea, just needs more thought.

Maxhead
15th September 2011, 05:29 PM
Hahah, I want these on my Troll..lol

Dirty Driver
15th September 2011, 09:58 PM
A very interesting design concept. Wonder if it would every get into production. Very nifty...
DD

Pete's GU3
16th September 2011, 05:49 PM
I wonder if you can cruise around with the doors down , that would be fun!!

they must have a sensor on top , you dont wanna be cut in half trying to get the baby out when the doors accidently close

taslucas
17th September 2011, 09:15 AM
Haha those computer animators are clever people aren't they?

I think your on the money there mate.

If they were true, mine would come back up covered in mud on any normal drive. Or they'd smash onto rocks under the vehicle as they folded under.

Finly Owner
17th September 2011, 08:10 PM
I could imagine being rich enought to own one as a shooting rig. swag on roof, drive out west drop door start shooting!

What about those times where there is nvr enough leg room, drop door and all the room you need.

Tim

the ferret
17th September 2011, 08:26 PM
I could imagine being rich enought to own one as a shooting rig. swag on roof, drive out west drop door start shooting!

What about those times where there is nvr enough leg room, drop door and all the room you need.

Tim

Would'a been handy in my younger days a'court'n lol, bit of extra leg room fer a 6ft 2" strapp'n lad pmsl. Oh, those were the days.still pmsl.

Finly Owner
17th September 2011, 09:17 PM
Would'a been handy in my younger days a'court'n lol, bit of extra leg room fer a 6ft 2" strapp'n lad pmsl. Oh, those were the days.still pmsl.
Yeah them times LMAO!!!!!

Tim

the ferret
17th September 2011, 10:12 PM
Yeah them times LMAO!!!!!

Tim

Gawd, If I could just be 18 again instead of over 60 and still had my MK2 Zephyr with the tripple carbs, extractors, lowered, Riley 4 spd and solid clutch, spats and fats and best of all, LAY BACK front seats, a mothers nightmare.
Oh yeah, venetion blinds in the back windah and a sticker on the boot that said "Miss B Haven"
Ohhhhhhhhhr, dream on Rod.!!

the ferret
17th September 2011, 11:19 PM
Ha, Been look'n around and found some pics, I know ya all love pics, so here is the mighty Zephyr, note the blacked out grille, good chic puller lol.
First the work vehicle, Kambalda WA 1969.
http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt164/ferret/Rod1970.jpg
Recreation vehicle, 1969 , 1958 MK 2 with mk1 high compression head, Riley 4spd box, solid clutch plate, extractors mk 3 auto diff, tripple su's and best of all, LAYBACK seats. 70 mph in second gear and two more ta go!! Pops pistons at 6000rpm, ouch!!
http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt164/ferret/Zephyr.jpg
Yep, pulls the chics...
http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt164/ferret/Zephyrwithchick.jpg
Still married fer over 40 years.
http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt164/ferret/Zephyrdays.jpg

Eat ya heart out guys...

EDIT... I still look as good!

taslucas
17th September 2011, 11:59 PM
what a player!! Nice photos mate.
I was born into the colour photo era. Never even seen a zephyr! They look like good times though:)

taslucas
18th September 2011, 12:01 AM

Tim

You could also do a fairly quick 'dukes of hazard' entry to the car.

the ferret
18th September 2011, 12:02 AM
what a player!! Nice photos mate.
I was born into the colour photo era. Never even seen a zephyr! They look like good times though:)

Laybacks mate, Laybacks!! and talk'n about colour photo's, when I was your age we didn't even have TV!, when we did get it, it was black and white, the main show was "The black and white minstrels" but they banned that quick smart.
We as kids had nothing else ta do, my mum used ta cut the bottoms out of our pockets so that us boys could have something ta play with.
I still ta this day cut the pockets out of me pants lol.
This was my first car, a bit before I bought the Zephyr, note... no laybacks, just a tray tipper to cart water through the house just after Mum had washed the floors...LOL
http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt164/ferret/imgpwmcrae031.jpg

taslucas
18th September 2011, 01:11 AM
Built for speed! They look like good brakes though!!

taslucas
18th September 2011, 01:19 AM
lived out in the bush without power till age 6-7. Had a 12volt black and white TV hooked onto a car battery. The odd push start was needed when the TV drained the battery lol. Lamps, candles and an open fire. wouldnt change it.

the ferret
18th September 2011, 01:33 AM
Built for speed! They look like good brakes though!!
Yeah, ta this day I still have what they call "hot rod heel"
Cheers, Rod....... the ferret.

the ferret
18th September 2011, 01:37 AM
lived out in the bush without power till age 6-7. Had a 12volt black and white TV hooked onto a car battery. The odd push start was needed when the TV drained the battery lol. Lamps, candles and an open fire. wouldnt change it.
It'd be nice if you could just go back in time once in a while, I know that there are times I wish I could re visit, it's not the same today is it?
It'd be nice ta start here again
http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt164/ferret/Rodbabyphoto.jpg

taslucas
18th September 2011, 01:54 AM
It'd be nice if you could just go back in time once in a while, I know that there are times I wish I could re visit, it's not the same today is it?
It'd be nice ta start here again

Its never too late to get back into a silky white one-piece! hahaha

Finly Owner
18th September 2011, 11:35 PM
my mate owns one of those Zephyrs Rod, it's the original motor and green colour

Tim

the ferret
18th September 2011, 11:59 PM
Ha, funny you should say that Tim, I ended up painting it British racing green, but the motor certainly wasn't stock!!
Cheers Rod.

timbar
19th September 2011, 12:02 AM
awesome concept I LIKE IT