PDA

View Full Version : G'day from phil

philws
14th September 2011, 10:51 AM
Hi everyone,
I live in Melbourne Vic, have a couple of little rat bags and the missus. I tend to go to a family property in gippsland about once a fortnight or so. I only have a wood fire at home so I bring firewood down during winter on a 10x5 tandem trailer. At the moment I am driving a Subaru forester, yes I know not a "real" 4x4 and all that but, that being said, the little car has dealt with an amazing amount of abuse from myself, including towing a toyota ute from the yarra valley to gippsland, occasionally towing a bobcat around and taking loads of sand or rock. also driving around the paddocks at the propoerty. I am now looking at upgrading to a GUIII patrol with the ZD30, I have read all the issues with the ZD30 and so am apprehensive, I am getting a mechanic to look at the car I am interested in but still I suppose a bit nervous. It seems to me that the cause of the ZD30 problems have been identified in that the MAF gets dirty then increasing the amount of fuel being delivered to the engine causing the pistons (usually 3 or 4) to crack. The truck I'm looking at already has an exhaust temp guage and I would probably fit a catch can as well.

Any info or recommendations (without wanting to start WW3) would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Phil

Sir Roofy
14th September 2011, 01:23 PM
welcome aboard phil enjoy your stay
youll find most of what you need in here and as your passing through traf just drop a load of wood here at my place
thanks

philws
14th September 2011, 02:11 PM
Where abouts in trafalgar are you? I stop at the pub there sometimes on a Friday night on the way up with the kids.

Sir Roofy
14th September 2011, 02:15 PM
over on contour road the other side of the tracks

Bigrig
14th September 2011, 02:22 PM
G'day mate - Welcome aboard. Great people, information and laughs to be found on the forum, so don't be shy and join to make the most of it. Enjoy!

Dhuck
14th September 2011, 02:27 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

JoeG
14th September 2011, 03:17 PM
Welcome to the forum
Lots of good advice about NADS (how to bullet proof the non CRD 3.0l engine)
Look at the last post by SNICKO
Joe

AB
14th September 2011, 04:45 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, good to have another Melbournian on board!

philws
14th September 2011, 04:55 PM
G'day AB, cheers where about in Chrissy hills are you? I used to have a place on O'sheas Rd.

Phil

katwoman
14th September 2011, 05:03 PM
Welcome to our fab forum.

growler2058
14th September 2011, 07:07 PM
Gday Phil welcome aboard mate, good mob here full of great info and advice

Maxhead
14th September 2011, 07:29 PM
G'Day Phil, welcome to the forum mate

nowoolies
14th September 2011, 10:00 PM
g`day Phill
welcome on board mate
heaps of laughs and bucket loads of info here enjoy
nowoolies
Paul
p:s piccies we luv piccies

Finly Owner
14th September 2011, 10:51 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Phil

Tim

Clunk
14th September 2011, 10:59 PM
G'day Phil and welcome aboard mate

wildgu6
15th September 2011, 09:03 PM
G'day Phil, Great bunch around here, great advice, heaps of knowledge & experience and some great laughs too,

Welcome aboard buddy.Enjoy

Cheers Pete

snicko
15th September 2011, 09:12 PM
Welcome Phil to the forum. Lots of great people here with plenty of good info - Enjoy

taslucas
15th September 2011, 09:44 PM
welcome aboard Phil. Hope you get all the info you need for the ZD30

timbar
16th September 2011, 03:57 PM
G'day Mate - Welcome aboard join in when you are ready and have fun mate plenty to do see and if u have any problems just ask and im sure u will get an answer !! Bucket loads of usefull information here plenty to read so join in meet the great bunch of guys and girls on our wonderful forum !!

You will not be disapointed !!

ENJOY and WELCOME

Tim

ablast
18th September 2011, 09:43 PM
Welcome to a great forum full of very helpful members.

Enjoy

Timmo
23rd September 2011, 10:51 PM
welcome to the forum

Dark 1
25th September 2011, 08:32 AM
Welcome to the wonderful world of patrols mate, have a poke around & join in when your ready.