PDA

View Full Version : 911

the ferret
12th September 2011, 01:41 AM
We all go about our daily duties, we have ups and downs, you may have had a prik of a day today or yesterday, or even tomorrow, so stiff!
Please take the time to spare a thought for those lost in the 911 attacks, the familys and children, the house, the grand kids, and the heart break for young wives and their lovers, the husbands and their lovers. may they rest in peace.

AB
12th September 2011, 09:05 AM
Good post Ferret, I was watching the shows last night and couldn't imagine being there that horrible day!

Bigrig
12th September 2011, 09:39 AM
Problem is it all seems too "Hollywood" for a lot of people - well, sad fact is this one was real, the people, buildings, planes, heartbreak and tragedy were not fabricated in a green room at the back of a Warner Brothers studio ... it was something that we have pondered in movies many a time, but when reality struck, it struck hard ... my heart goes out to the people who lost their lives, especially those who lost them attempting to save others ... there were so many heroes of the day that it makes you feel somewhat proud of the resolve of the human spirit ... when the chips were down, race, colour, creed etc didn't matter - it was a battle to save 'human life'.

May they all rest in peace, and may the survivors and family/friends of lost loved ones find some solace in the overwhelming support from just about every other decent human being on the planet (and there are a lot of them).

guterra
13th September 2011, 09:11 PM
Also not to mention all of the volunteers that helped with the clean up and recoveries afterwards, and now, a lot of them have serious illness and cancers from breathing in toxins.

Finly Owner
13th September 2011, 10:12 PM
Every time I play or hear Allan Jacksons' song "What were you doin on that September Day?" I stop and replay the scenes in head and remember thinking it was a sick joke Iwas listening to on the radio, heading to work.

The world truly stopped that day! All our lives changed for ever!

RIP all those who perished.

Tim

Woof
13th September 2011, 10:16 PM
Still to this day find it hard to believe that it occurred.
RIP