PDA

View Full Version : Aldi air compressor

TuffTD42
11th September 2011, 02:36 PM
For those that are interested I ended up with an Aldi's air compressor. I had a go today at inflating one of my 35's.

I let it down to 14 psi, where i would normally run them at when out playing. I timed the compressor to see how long it would take it to pump the 35 up from 14 psi to 30 psi. Then 14 psi to 40 psi.

I was surprised to see it done it in 2 min 20 seconds (14 psi-30 psi) . It actually went to 31 psi, as the only fault with the comp is the pressure gauge as it gives a false reading. I test the pressure with my ARB gauge to get a correct reading. 14 psi-40 psi took 3 mins.

I had a look through the latest 4wd action mag where they tested a heap of different compressors from $99 up to a $1000+.

The tigerz11 is the identical compressor except its silver not red. It took 2 min 48 sec to pump a 33" tyre from 16 psi to 40 psi.

So not a bad buy considering the Aldi's price is $99 & the identical tigerz11 compressor is $229.

How long it lasts only time will tell.

luxo barge
11th September 2011, 03:41 PM
My ole ARB compressor I use for the lockers pumps up my 32's from 20psi to 35 psi in a blistering 4 min flat. I got it riged to only run when the ign is on so i can use the turbo timer to shut it down after 4min. Oh and incase your wondering that's 4min each tyre not 4min the lot. God bless ARB.. lol.

TuffTD42
11th September 2011, 04:11 PM
Yea I have got the ARB on board for the lockers also. I haven't timed it but it takes a bit to pump up the 35's from 14 to 30. Got this comp to leave the ARB just for the locker.

Woof
11th September 2011, 08:02 PM
Not a bad idea there mate, I have a compressor for my Locker and it does take a while to pump my 35s up so I will look at getting one of these if Aldi is in Perth.

AB
11th September 2011, 08:33 PM
Timbo bought this compressor and I had a good look at it and seemed like a great buy!!!

Finly Owner
11th September 2011, 09:18 PM
Aldis' gear is actually quite good. Most of it meets Aust. standards, and I guess a lot is from name brand factories in Aldis' packaging.

Tim

Bigrig
12th September 2011, 11:54 AM
Aldis' gear is actually quite good. Most of it meets Aust. standards, and I guess a lot is from name brand factories in Aldis' packaging.

Tim

As you say "most meets Aussie standards" - the only thing that I know regarding Australian standards is there isn't one for vehicle recovery winches so if any winches state meets Aussie standards on the packaging or promotion, it's false advertising as such (only ones that exist are for lifting cranes, winches in the workplace and hoists) - the other gear appears good though for the price, and I'm also looking into one of those lockers from that Chinasoong mob, so I'm definitely not anti imports (they all are anyway), but not convinced as yet on those winches ...