PDA

View Full Version : Electric fan conversion

ipatrol26
10th September 2011, 09:19 AM
Hello guys sorry for all the questions but I wanted hear it from the Pro´s

What you guys think of switching to a double electric radiator fan instead of the mechanical one on a N/A SD33, will it work better or worse and will it add some power?????????

Help please.

Bigrig
10th September 2011, 09:57 AM

What you guys think of switching to a double electric radiator fan instead of the mechanical one on a N/A SD33, will it work better or worse and will it add some power?????????

Help please.

Going to the double electrics is definitely a plus for air throughput and cooling at slow speeds/revs mate - the only real downside as I understand it is for things like water crossings, deep mud etc - you need to have a switch that allows you to turn them off prior to entering so as to not fling water and the likes around the engine bay and snap off fan blades.

Here's an older thread which may be of some assistance also ...

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?3249

patch697
10th September 2011, 10:28 AM

Help please.

You may notice a little bit more throttle response but not enough to wright home about.

I would suggest to have them thermal switched as well as a manual override as its easy to forget to turn on the fans when your up to your armpits 4 wheeling at low speeds where you will need them.

I personally have always said Nissan's engine fan was a POS with the way they crack but they do work well with high BTU's

last of all try to get somewhere close to the factory fans BTU range when selecting you electric fans........ (The BTU range is the amount of airflow the fan can produce)