PDA

View Full Version : 3 Hilux's, 20 years, maybe a Troll next...

luxo barge
9th September 2011, 02:33 PM
Hi all, looking for a new 4B and after 20 years and 3 Hilux's, it may be time for a change. I have lots of questions so I hope you can answer some of them and maybe convert me to a world of N.,NNN..Niss iss iss.
I sure i'll be able to say it one day.

So I'll start here and tell you the current rig is a 93 Hilux with all the fruit. Lift, muddies, winch, lr tank, draws, air lockers + a swag more.
I'm after a wagon that I can set up for touring and punnish as i do with the Lux. This means from factory it must have a solid front [no IFS bs] manual, diesel, coils, and some luxo, creature comforts.

Q's

What year was the CRD introduced ?
What year was the dash and body changed ?
What is the factory tyre size ?

At the moment I'm leaning towards a ST-L, 05, 3.0l, manual, metalic paint, grey leather interior.

Hi, and please tell me more.

Scott

Dhuck
9th September 2011, 03:16 PM
Welcome to the forum mate. Some one will be along soon that can answer those questions. I only have a rough as guts GQ

luxo barge
9th September 2011, 03:35 PM
Welcome to the forum mate. Some one will be along soon that can answer those questions. I only have a rough as guts GQ

Thanks, I only have a rough as guts Hilux. LOL

AB
9th September 2011, 04:05 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, once you get the Patrol you'll never look back...100%!!!

You might have to post up any questions in another category mate as a lot of peopl don't read the introductions section.

Hope we can convert you to the dark side mate..lol

Maxhead
9th September 2011, 04:24 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, you won't look back once you jump into a Troll..lol

CRD's came out in 2007
275/65/17 are the tyres

Finly Owner
9th September 2011, 09:21 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Scott

Tim

Woof
9th September 2011, 09:29 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, enjoy

Clunk
9th September 2011, 09:44 PM
g'day Scott and welcome aboard mate, sorry but I'm no help either coz I just have a little old GQ lmao

katwoman
10th September 2011, 03:20 AM
Welcome, mate... GU all the way !! Same as anything, depends on what you plan to do with it, will determine what you buy..

growler2058
10th September 2011, 05:11 AM
Welcome aboard mate I too once stooped down to a lowlux then I seen da light brutha and am 100% convert hahahaha the lowlux just wasn't tuffnuff7871 it ended it's life like this even with twin lockers But the mighty troll pulled through hahaha no lockers till recent

Bigrig
10th September 2011, 07:38 AM
G'day mate - Welcome aboard. Great people, information and laughs to be found on the forum, so don't be shy and join to make the most of it. Enjoy!

big_fletch
10th September 2011, 03:46 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, good to see you are moving up in the world to a mighty troll lol

hugebbq
10th September 2011, 04:29 PM
mate go the Patrol. i got one after onwning pathfinders and couldn't be happier. Top vehicle with plenty of accessories/custom opportunities.

RustyR
14th September 2011, 10:53 AM
Welcome to the forum

wildgu6
15th September 2011, 08:52 PM
G'day Scott, Great bunch around here, great advice, heaps of knowledge & experience and some great laughs too,
Nothing wrong with the lux mate, but nothin compares to the Trol,

Welcome aboard buddy.Enjoy

Cheers Pete

timbar
16th September 2011, 03:59 PM
G'day Mate - Welcome aboard join in when you are ready and have fun mate plenty to do see and if u have any problems just ask and im sure u will get an answer !! Bucket loads of usefull information here plenty to read so join in meet the great bunch of guys and girls on our wonderful forum !!

You will not be disapointed !!

ENJOY and WELCOME

Tim