PDA

View Full Version : Great Mechanic in Inner Sydney

lachiek
9th September 2011, 09:49 AM
Hey all, not sure if I'm allowed spruik a mechanic on here but I assure you he's not a mate or paying me. It's taken me about a year but finally found a no bull*hit mechanic who is thorough and informative and goes out of his way to explain the issues you are having. I thought I should post this because I've paid too much money to mechs who take shortcuts and stuff things up and there's nothing worse than that uneasy feeling driving away from a mechanic thinking something ain't right.

Anyway if you are in Sydney with a 4x4 do yourself a favour and talk to Peter at Franks Automotive in Marrickville. www.franksautos.com.au/

I just picked up my GQ 2.8 after he fixed the injectors that a supposed expert injection shop in Sydney did a few months back. He also played around with timing and fixed some other small gremlins and my truck now runs so sweet that my girlfriend thought the engine was turned off when idling at the lights! Goes way harder too + no black smoke which was the original issue I was having. Peter even documented (with photo's) the shortcuts the other mech had taken so I'm now able to chase them to get my money back.

Oh and they do custom mandrel exhausts for around $650. Bring the noise!

Hope this helps someone out.

Bigrig
9th September 2011, 10:08 AM
Top post mate - and spruik away when you find someone decent that others members may benefit from!!

Well done!!

Woof
9th September 2011, 02:15 PM
Yep if anyone has got anyone that they recommend then feel free to let us all know....but remember, if you have any bad things to report from any business, we do not allow that to be posted here.