PDA

View Full Version : Transmission crossmember and more

ipatrol26
8th September 2011, 08:48 AM
Hello guys,

I currently own a 1992 Nissan patrol GQ and I am missing the transmission cross-member (long story if I tell you) and I found one but its from a 2003 nissan patrol 3.0 diesel automatic. My question is WILL IT FIT INTO MY GQ.

Also I want to know if I can fit other things straight bolt on like the whole rear differential and what I would like the most is, all 4 coil springs (are they higher).

Bigrig
8th September 2011, 09:22 AM
Ummm - good questions .... I think??

So the transmission isn't in the car currently I assume (as the cross member bears the weight)? I'd guess the other cross member may go close, but you'd need to measure it up ...

Others will be along to assist mate.

ipatrol26
8th September 2011, 09:28 AM
the tranny its in the car but its sitting on top of a jack, I am pretty sure it fits as well as the coil springs but I am not sure about the rear differential.

patch697
8th September 2011, 09:34 AM
Not 100% on the cross member....

The rear diff will bolt in but the GU diff slightly wider than a GQ diff & the GQ diff is the stronger of the two.

The coils will fit & they are slightly higher in a GQ (how much higher im not exactly sure) but if its IFS in the GU im not sure how you go there....

YNOT
8th September 2011, 09:40 AM
As far as I know the cross member will fit.

Coil springs from GU will fit and may give a slight raise in ride height but it won't be much.

Rear diff is a straight bolt in (2003 3lt auto should have a H233b 4.3:1 diff). If the ratio is different to the front diff your current GQ rear diff centre will bolt straight into the GU housing.

Tony

ipatrol26
8th September 2011, 12:53 PM
Ok thank you very much.