PDA

View Full Version : Rock sliders group buy. Expression of intrest.

Peacemaker
7th September 2011, 03:48 PM
Noticed a few guys have been inquiring about rock sliders. I have a company I deal with that will do us a group buy price on either GU or GQ of $450 ($660.00 rrp) for there "Renegade" tube rock sliders on a 30deg angle unpainted , $500 ($770rrp)for there "suburban" tube and checker plate top on 15deg angle unpainted. So I'm just gauging interest at the moment and if we get 5-10 sets wanted it will go ahead. It will only run for 2 weeks for interest and payment then delivery of the sliders within 2 weeks of that( 4weeks from today). Pick up will be in Brisbane/ sunny coast or I can freight at extra cost through e-go.

Update.... He doesn't use checker plate ally any more on the "suburban" it will be checker plate steel

Bigrig
7th September 2011, 03:55 PM
Any photos for reference?

Maxhead
7th September 2011, 04:39 PM
Are these XRO Racing sliders??

Bigrig
7th September 2011, 05:05 PM
Yep - Just spoke to Jase and he was referred to this guy through an aquaintance ... didn't realise all the mud around with XRO so has asked me to close this thread - sorry people, he wasn't aware and just like you, doesn't want to part with his hard earned only to be screwed over (or even risk it) ...

Bigrig
7th September 2011, 05:35 PM
Righto - Jase has spoken to the guy and apparently he is fully aware of the 'reputation' around the place about him. Jase will pass on the details, however the bloke seems keen to drag himself out of the poo and get himself back on track ...

Over to you mate ...

Peacemaker
7th September 2011, 05:46 PM
Yes i had heard rumors about issues with XRO racing but also have friends who said whilst the roumers have some truth the product is no1 and Brado if pedantic on the quality, you just have to deal with him on a" no product no payment" system so i have informed Mr XRO We are interested in between 5-10 sets of either GQ or GU sliders in either of the 3 types they offer and he will have 2 weeks from order placement to produce and deliver(in the back of my Ute) before he sees 1c of the money. No if's no but's or maybe's. No i need a % for materials, its sliders for the above price in 4 weeks from today or nothing.

Maxhead
7th September 2011, 05:47 PM
Ok, There's some photos on their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/xroracingshop?sk=photos
The rest is complaints...lol

Can we get photos of the sliders you mention above?

Peacemaker
7th September 2011, 05:59 PM
just updated

Bigrig
7th September 2011, 06:45 PM
Shame of it, his products are actually top notch (do like those front bars) ... dunno if he's a bad bloke, or just a bloke who got into a bad situation, but for the money (coupled with the deal Jason has struck that he sees not a dime till the sliders are delivered), I personally would have gone for a set myself if I didn't just get mine ...

Pretty risk free deal now folks, so if you were thinking about getting some, might be time to bite the bullet and go for it ...

Peacemaker
8th September 2011, 11:16 PM
bump. come on people whats wrong?

Clunk
8th September 2011, 11:51 PM
bump. come on people whats wrong?

too far away for me mate.... sorry

Airstrike
9th September 2011, 02:28 AM
How thick is the tubing? I dont use the book of face. Cheers

Peacemaker
9th September 2011, 08:37 AM
2" wide, 3mm thick.

Peacemaker
12th September 2011, 02:25 PM
Well 3 people have confirmed they want a set. Just need 2 more to place an order.

Cameronero
12th September 2011, 05:00 PM
Anyone know if they'd fit on an MK? If so, might be interested...

MudRunnerTD
12th September 2011, 06:22 PM
Hey guys, i know that you have made it clear to XRO that its "product before cash" but i was around and very active on Patrol4x4 when Brandon did the big dirty. I watched with interest as the Mods from there made every effort to invite Brandon to explain himself, even locking the thread for a while but Brandon basically abandoned his thread and his Vendor's thread went from pages of orders to pages and pages of bad feedback and just poor form on his part.

Brandon only turned up on his thread once and that was to post his facebook address and without another word of apology, explanation, defence, he was off again. His products looked great but his business practice and lack of commitment to ethical standards and accountability left allot to be desired.

How does having a customers car in his workshop, cash down for 2 months ($2,000+) without explanation or action, when the customer finally gave up and cracked it he turned up to recover his car and found parts missing off his car and being "borrowed" onto other XRO customer cars. No regrets and no apologies were forthcoming. The parts missing were not XRO manufactured items but rather nissan car parts!!

The Mods from Patrol4x4 finally locked the threads and finally removed them from the forum, they removed any reference to XRO which is a shame cause i would be happy to post the links here for your interest. Believe me it went for 10 or 15 pages.

I am not sure that Brandon and XRO deserve the support of members of this forum or our industry in general, Sorry Peacemaker, i know your intention is good but Fark him! Find someone else to do your barwork. Give XLR8 from here an opportunity to manufacture a group buy quantity of sliders, he contributes to this forum and deserves the business if he is interested.

Brandon and XRO were given plenty of chances to front up and explain. To this day he has not bothered.

My 2c

Maxhead
12th September 2011, 06:30 PM
Hey guys, i know that you have made it clear to XRO that its "product before cash" but i was around and very active on Patrol4x4 when Brandon did the big dirty. I watched with interest as the Mods from there made every effort to invite Brandon to explain himself, even locking the thread for a while but Brandon basically abandoned his thread and his Vendor's thread went from pages of orders to pages and pages of bad feedback and just poor form on his part.

Brandon only turned up on his thread once and that was to post his facebook address and without another word of apology, explanation, defence, he was off again. His products looked great but his business practice and lack of commitment to ethical standards and accountability left allot to be desired.

How does having a customers car in his workshop, cash down for 2 months ($2,000+) without explanation or action, when the customer finally gave up and cracked it he turned up to recover his car and found parts missing off his car and being "borrowed" onto other XRO customer cars. No regrets and no apologies were forthcoming. The parts missing were not XRO manufactured items but rather nissan car parts!!

The Mods from Patrol4x4 finally locked the threads and finally removed them from the forum, they removed any reference to XRO which is a shame cause i would be happy to post the links here for your interest. Believe me it went for 10 or 15 pages.

I am not sure that Brandon and XRO deserve the support of members of this forum or our industry in general, Sorry Peacemaker, i know your intention is good but Fark him! Find someone else to do your barwork. Give XLR8 from here an opportunity to manufacture a group buy quantity of sliders, he contributes to this forum and deserves the business if he is interested.

Brandon and XRO were given plenty of chances to front up and explain. To this day he has not bothered.

My 2c

Great post MR, that was the main reason I did not order once I found out they where XRO. Everyone deserves a second chance but I think this bloke had about 50.
I remember the discussions on the other forum....not pretty.

patch697
12th September 2011, 07:19 PM
G/day all...

Yes its your friendly good old Super Mod giving you all the heads up that as soon as I finish typing this post I will be locking this thread.

After doing some research on this fellow we have decided we (the forum Admin) DO NOT wish to support XRO or there products.

Our apologies to Peacemaker as I know this was done with the best of intentions & to those who wish to participate in this buy.

If anyone of our members has a product (like rock sliders for example) & would like to put there feelers out for interest in a bulk buy like this one here, we will be more than happy to hear from you.

Best regards
Paul