PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a GQ Safari Grandroad?

Arman
6th September 2011, 11:18 PM
Anyone have a GQ Safari Grandroad?I need some interior pics.94 or later model wil be more appriciated.I need to see the trims.dash,gearbox,stearing,seats,options etc

Clunk
6th September 2011, 11:22 PM
there's not too many Safari owners on e here Arman, if you need pics in a hurry........ have you tried searching for images on google?

Arman
6th September 2011, 11:53 PM
Bro google shows out look pics.I need interior pix.none here?

Clunk
6th September 2011, 11:58 PM
Bro google shows out look pics.I need interior pix.none here?

you'll have to trawl through all the members rides to see mate but it's gonna take you a while lol

Clunk
7th September 2011, 12:03 AM
here's one found on google .......... http://www.jdmcars.ca/Nissan-Safari-VRGY60/
looks very similar to the GQ's over here, apart from the power button being on the shifter instead of the centre console

Clunk
7th September 2011, 12:05 AM
and here's some more................. from all angles this time

http://exchange.goo-net.com/usedcars/spread/700090142520110520001.html

Ade
7th September 2011, 12:40 AM
and here's some more................. from all angles this time

http://exchange.goo-net.com/usedcars/spread/700090142520110520001.html

That is all black GQ..should had my grill painted black too

Clunk
7th September 2011, 12:42 AM
That is all black GQ..should had my grill painted black too

yeah I've been thinking about doing the same with mine too!!!!!!!!! lol

Ade
7th September 2011, 12:49 AM
Why not mate..that is some seriously sick looking GQ! Even with those skinny tires and no lift..no flares

Ade
7th September 2011, 12:53 AM
I should consider that type of wheel and tire..but don't think they'll look good on high roof and lifted Safari ey

Clunk
7th September 2011, 12:56 AM
I should consider that type of wheel and tire..but don't think they'll look good on high roof and lifted Safari ey

no i think you're right there mate............... look too much like pizza cutters lol

Ade
7th September 2011, 01:09 AM
Pizza cutter..?? what a visualization lol

Arman
7th September 2011, 02:53 AM
Thanks a lot mate!realy answered every question my eyes.asap going to buy it then gona post its pix

lachiek
13th September 2011, 02:42 PM
Hey mate, no idea what a Grandroad is but mine is a 1996 Safari. Not sure what level spec mine is but it has sunroof and climate control plus WAY more comfy seats than any other GQ's I've been in. Hope this helps.
Some internal pics here http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/album.php?albumid=73

Ade
13th September 2011, 08:59 PM
Got Kingsroad too..

bazz61
14th September 2011, 08:18 AM
hi there , I had a Safari in Nz,91mod 4.2 was a great family wagon , but was gutless as hell due to auto. Have a look on: Trade Me, a nz web site similar to Ebay , usually a few on there.I have to admit tho compared to my 2000 4.2 ute was a lot more comfortable to drive. One thing about Jap imports is the speedo tampering , most have been wound back, you can tell usually by the digets not lining up correctly on speedo, also the Japs are bad at not changing oil...... mine had a soft hard ride switch which I left in hard, sat on the road beautifly and got me into some good back country, lovely to drive but overtaking forget it,even in 3rd was hopeless, in overdrive it was sitting on 1900 revs at 100 ks ,my ute is 23/2400 revs in 5th.In soft mode had a lot of body roll. if i new more about turboing back then it would have solved a lot of power issues, another issue with this model was the cracking of the exhaust manifold, for some reason they were prone , mine was cracked when I got it, also 2 btteries24 volt system, as usual with 4.2 had no mechanical issues with it, if you can find a good Safari turboed(they came in 3.3 turbo as well) would be a great touring wagon for Aust, cheers Barry Adelaide/ Gold Coast

Arman
14th September 2011, 07:40 PM
The safari I am buying has lot more improved trim.I will soon upload pix of it.