PDA

View Full Version : Difference between Patrol and Safaries

Arman
4th September 2011, 12:05 AM
I got a Nissan Safari Granroad 1996 with PTO TD42 N/A.Want to know about this model.Please post about this diesel engine.How much km it goes per litre?What about the shocks?is it soft or hard.I have got it for 20000$ us dollars.Milage is 140K.I am from Bangladesh.Whats its top speed?Many said that its doesn't goes up than 100 km/h.See the original pic.Tell me more spec about Granroad and its features

YNOT
4th September 2011, 12:12 AM
Patrol and Safari are the same thing, different names and specifications for different markets. JDM (japanese domestic market) Safari's were usually more highly specced than those sold on Australian market and had 24 volt system where Aust. Patrols were 12 volt.

Fuel consumption could be anywhere from 10l/100km upwards.

Factory shocks are soft and worn out by 100,000km.

Top speed, don't know - never tried. Should do at least 130km/h in standard form.

Tony

Arman
4th September 2011, 12:13 AM
My fate that I cant do such mods in BD.But will it be any problem if I do a turbo kit on TD42???How much it will priced?

YNOT
4th September 2011, 12:19 AM
TD42 takes very well to turbo charging and if done properly will have no affect on reliabillity. Price depends on exchange rates and fitting charges.

Tony

Clunk
4th September 2011, 12:42 AM
thats a nice looking Safari there Arman

Arman
4th September 2011, 12:44 AM
Bro can u tel me about the features of granroad?what is the 5 link rigrid suspension?

Clunk
4th September 2011, 01:00 AM
Bro can u tel me about the features of granroad?what is the 5 link rigrid suspension?

pop on here to see some specs http://www.cars-directory.net/specs/nissan/safari/1995_8/21241/

Arman
4th September 2011, 02:55 AM
"Rigid axle 5 link coil spring type" what is it means???How it works???can some one detail???.....

Thanks broo...its really means a lot

Clunk
4th September 2011, 03:35 AM
the front and rear axles are once piece (rigid), we call them live axles, the suspension is made up of coils and shock absorbers........................... I don't know why the rears are 5 link and fronts are 3 link, I'll leave the explanation to someone who knows what theyre talking about.

you may have to wait a while for an answer, as it's anywhere between 1am and 3 am over here and most people are in bed

Arman
4th September 2011, 05:35 AM
also want to know that is the rear suspension can be controlled by a switch or not?The suv is now 300km away from the place im in now

YNOT
4th September 2011, 09:25 AM
The term 5 link refers to the way the rear axle is held in location under the vehicle. Running from the chassis to the diff housing down the length of the vehicle are 2 upper and 2 lower control arms. The 5th link is the panhard rod which locates the diff across the vehicle.

Not sure exactly what you're refering to with switch controlled suspension. Some Safari's may have had electronically controlled shock absorbers - not sure though. A lot of higher spec Patrols and Safari's had a rear sway bar disconnect which operates by a pull out lever under the dash. The sway bar disconnect lets the rear suspension move more freely off road.

Tony

Arman
4th September 2011, 03:35 PM
Not sure exactly what you're refering to with switch controlled suspension. Some Safari's may have had electronically controlled shock absorbers - not sure though. A lot of higher spec Patrols and Safari's had a rear sway bar disconnect which operates by a pull out lever under the dash. The sway bar disconnect lets the rear suspension move more freely off road.

May be I am talking about this electronically controlled shocks