PDA

View Full Version : Check your sunvisors before driving - Nearly rolled Bluey

AB
31st August 2011, 09:15 AM
Just had a scare of a lifetime this morning....lol

Living in the bush I have bucket loads of spiders around the property and I can honestly say that I'm ship scared of them!!!

I always check my visors before I drive but forgot this morning. Along a straight road out of town doing 100km's I pulled down the visor and a massive hairy hunstman dropped onto my lap and started to crawl up my chest.

Immediate reaction was to slam on the brakes and I jerked the wheel and without the sway bar the Patrol felt like a boat swaying off the road into the gravel. Thankfully I had shut my mind off from the spider and correct it back onto the road and rocked back over on to the road again.

So there I was in the middle of the road slapping myself silly ripping my clothes off as it crawled inside my jacket...lol...BLOODY SCARY MOMENT!!!

Like what Tony mentioned about the sway bar needed in sharp turns for emergency situations....VERY TRUE!!!!

Check your sun visors before you take off, could have been a horrible accident this morning!

Bigrig
31st August 2011, 09:20 AM

Living in the bush I have bucket loads of spiders around the property and I can honestly say that I'm ship scared of them!!!

I always check my visors before I drive but forgot this morning. Along a straight road out of town doing 100km's I pulled down the visor and a massive hairy hunstman dropped onto my lap and started to crawl up my chest.

Immediate reaction was to slam on the brakes and I jerked the wheel and without the sway bar the Patrol felt like a boat swaying off the road into the gravel. Thankfully I had shut my mind off from the spider and correct it back onto the road and rocked back over on to the road again.

So there I was in the middle of the road slapping myself silly ripping my clothes off as it crawled inside my jacket...lol...BLOODY SCARY MOMENT!!!

Like what Tony mentioned about the sway bar needed in sharp turns for emergency situations....VERY TRUE!!!!

Check your sun visors before you take off, could have been a horrible accident this morning!

I'm sure there's some useful info in that post, but I just can't get past the fact that a big Aussie bloke living in the bush is scared of huntsmen spiders!!!! You big fairy!!!!!

ROFLMFAO!!!!

patch697
31st August 2011, 09:32 AM

Glad your ok old mate....... nasty business those surprise attacks....... specially when your doing 100 clicks in a 2.5 ton roll over waiting to happen.....

I don't like spiders much either old mate but as you said, being in the bush there a fact of life & theirs millions of the buggers..........

(wood cuttings a good way to get there attention too)

Bloody good tip for those out camping too as cars & 4x4s are like a big attractive 5 star hotel on wheels for our native crawlies & critters & they will spring a surprise visit on you when you least expect it.

Bigrig
31st August 2011, 09:39 AM
Glad your ok old mate....... nasty business those surprise attacks....... specially when your doing 100 clicks in a 2.5 ton roll over waiting to happen.....

I don't like spiders much either old mate but as you said, being in the bush there a fact of life & theirs millions of the buggers..........

(wood cuttings a good way to get there attention too)

Bloody good tip for those out camping too as cars & 4x4s are like a big attractive 5 star hotel on wheels for our native crawlies & critters & they will spring a surprise visit on you when you least expect it.

Again ... good tips no doubt ... but you're both fairies!!!!! PML

patch697
31st August 2011, 09:40 AM

City slicker...................... hahahahahahahahahahaha

AB
31st August 2011, 09:43 AM

I can handle any other creature, I can put any animal out of their misery on side road kills, Heck I can even wrestle bears....But spiders....I tense up and get cold shivers...lol

Bigrig
31st August 2011, 09:44 AM
City slicker...................... hahahahahahahahahahaha

I'm actually laughing!!!! This city slicker isn't afraid of big creepy crawlies (nor snakes) and actually walk my 4, 6 and 10 year olds (2 of them girls, jury is out on the other one, but we'll go with 'boy' for now!! lmao) around the yard showing them what spiders are bad news and what ones can be picked up (never to be played with or tormented though) - they are all pretty good at holding those big garden spiders now!!! City slickers indeed!!!! lol

Bigrig
31st August 2011, 09:46 AM
I can handle any other creature, I can put any animal out of their misery on side road kills, Heck I can even wrestle bears....But spiders....I tense up and get cold shivers...lol

Hahahahaha ... that Australian bear population is just out of hand isn't it!!! Angry b@stards those koalas!!!! lmao

nowoolies
31st August 2011, 10:01 AM
i vote for bigrig
i nearly fell off my chair laughing

all i can say is what a way to start on the forum this morning....roflmfao

i now have a differant view of you two hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

as a matter of fact ..Paul now i know the pic of you was`nt posed ....spider in the lounge room ..,....huh lol

strewth it hurts laughing this hard

Bob
31st August 2011, 10:03 AM
Perhaps this Post should be in Joke of the Day RAFLMAO

You big Pussy Andy LOL

AB
31st August 2011, 10:11 AM
Righto then...Next Victorian meet up this weekend boys and girls...You might find a suprise in your sleeping bags and we'll see whos who....LMAO

nowoolies
31st August 2011, 10:36 AM
Righto then...Next Victorian meet up this weekend boys and girls...You might find a suprise in your sleeping bags and we'll see whos who....LMAO

nowoolies mate
ill fetch along a couple of our one`s they are huge hahahahahahahahahahahaha

patch697
31st August 2011, 11:21 AM

Im with you old mate.......... Talks cheap, it costs nothing a mouthful...........hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah a

(I'll exclude you here Bigus cos I believe you.......hahahahahahahaha)

rkinsey
31st August 2011, 11:40 AM

Poor bloody spider probably got the fright of his life!! Fancy minding your own business and going out for a walk first thing in the morning and some dirty great big monster starts slaping all around you. I'd be off like a rocket too, running in and out of any place I could find.

Hahahaha

Good thing you're OK AB. I bet you wont forget to double check all the visors before you set off on a drive now..?!

CHeers,

Rob

YNOT
31st August 2011, 12:21 PM

Don't laugh too loud Scott, I know what your kryptonite is!!!

Tony

AB
31st August 2011, 12:41 PM

Tony

Please tell Mr Tony?

patch697
31st August 2011, 12:42 PM
Please tell Mr Tony?

^^^^^^^^^^^ What he said.........."PLEASE"............hahahahahahahahaha

AB
31st August 2011, 12:43 PM
Word on the street is that he's scared of butterflies...lol

patch697
31st August 2011, 12:48 PM
Word on the street is that he's scared of butterflies...lol

Oh................... How very "APT".............................ROFLMFAO

YNOT
31st August 2011, 12:59 PM
Please tell Mr Tony?

No I couldn't possibly be that cruel..........could I???
I have seen Dhucks wife (Bec) unleash this kryptonite on Scotty, a kryponite so powerful it has to be kept in a lead lined safe with time delay locks - this is for special occasions only!!!

One more fairy comment from Biggus and I will unleash the beast for you entertainment!

Tony

Maxhead
31st August 2011, 01:34 PM
HAHAHAHAHAh!!!!!!!! I was having a sh!t day at work till I read this thread...Bloody funny as !!! LOLOLO

That's all...lol

patch697
31st August 2011, 01:39 PM
No I couldn't possibly be that cruel..........could I???
I have seen Dhucks wife (Bec) unleash this kryptonite on Scotty, a kryponite so powerful it has to be kept in a lead lined safe with time delay locks - this is for special occasions only!!!

One more fairy comment from Biggus and I will unleash the beast for you entertainment!

Tony

I love the way you think my friend............hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Bigrig
31st August 2011, 02:00 PM

Tony

Funny man ... they're pure evil !!!! lmao

the ferret
31st August 2011, 02:03 PM
Glad I'm not doing YOUR wash'n Andy!!:eck05:

nowoolies
31st August 2011, 02:36 PM
Funny man ... they're pure evil !!!! lmao

get in first mate tell us ......we wont laugh honest

timbar
31st August 2011, 02:36 PM
I HATE SPIDERS at the best of times Andy i know exacty how u felt mate been there its mind bogging never lone the pants mate

growler2058
31st August 2011, 02:38 PM
AHHHHHH HHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAAH cant wait for the Loveday meetup hahahahahhahahaha

nowoolies
31st August 2011, 02:48 PM
AHHHHHH HHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAAH cant wait for the Loveday meetup hahahahahhahahaha

sounds like we gunna have some fun growlers hay hahahahahahahahahahaha

growler2058
31st August 2011, 02:49 PM
sounds like we gunna have some fun growlers hay hahahahahahahahahahaha

Oh yeah spiders the size of frisbees down that way hahahahahahahaha

AB
31st August 2011, 02:54 PM
Oh yeah spiders the size of frisbees down that way hahahahahahahaha

Any pranks on me then watch out!

I'm an elephant boys and will get you back tenfold...

I have tricks that will make grown men cry like little school girls so don't even think about it...LMAO

growler2058
31st August 2011, 02:55 PM

I have tricks that will make grown men cry like little school girls so don't even think about it...LMAO

HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA sounds like a challenge ahhahahahahahahahahahhahahaha

Bigrig
31st August 2011, 03:17 PM

Oh my, could we not wreak havoc ... I remember you and I discussing that very thing about 6 months ago as I'm prone to play the odd prank also ...

Hmmm ... interesting times ahead!!! lmao

macca
31st August 2011, 06:19 PM
I did have a chuckle at your expense, sorry mate.
Im not an arachnophobe, BUT one in the lap I'm not so sure.
Lucky break mate, glad all is OK.
Macca

growler2058
31st August 2011, 06:34 PM
All bullsh1t aside my mum had the same reaction as you when she thought her hair was brushing her eye lid behind her sunglasses. After brushing the stubborn hair away a couple times she looked in the rearview mirror and the huntsman was on her head with a keg brushing her eyelid. HahAhaha. I was driving behind her and saw her weaving a bit then full on four wheel lockup (vw golf) off the side and into the dirt, outa the car before it stopped and flap around like she's on fire hahahahahahahaha still funny ta think about 25 yrs later. We didn't find the spider so I drove the car home where she gassed the car with a can of pea beau hahaha. But u guys that's how mums react you "blokes" gotta harden up hahahahahahahaha oh hahAhaha

Woof
31st August 2011, 06:47 PM
So glad that it all turned out OK for you mate......must have been a frightening moment, just remember...no matter what happens when you driving, do not lose concentration...

frenzy
31st August 2011, 09:01 PM
Black T-shirts and jackets.... Bugger that. How about we order some nice patrol forum blouses in a nice shade of dusty pink? LOL!!!

Thanks for the big laugh gents. Nice to see you survived your encounter with the monster and thanks for your honesty AB. LOL!!

belzi82
31st August 2011, 09:08 PM

hahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahhahaha I thought blokes were meant to be tough and save the dame in distress when she sees a spider!!!

belzi82
31st August 2011, 09:14 PM

Hehehehehehehe maybe then I could have some fun!!!! I saw some real looking plastic spiders today!!!

Clunk
31st August 2011, 11:38 PM
yep glad you and Bluey are ok mate, could have been a nasty one.............................. but at the same time most amusing, been funny as readin the thread

Finly Owner
1st September 2011, 10:54 PM
If you thought that hairy spider was frightening, wait till you see this hairy man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See AB safety First, "check my visors love, while I brush my teeth."

Tim

nowoolies
1st September 2011, 11:51 PM

i think i smell a challenge, i do ....i do smell a challenge
ok growlers we start collecting them as of now
ROFLMFAO HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

the ferret
2nd September 2011, 12:17 AM
I know good trick!! wish I was goin.

nowoolies
2nd September 2011, 12:19 AM
I know good trick!! wish I was goin.

do tell sir hahahahah

evening mate hows things down there

the ferret
2nd September 2011, 12:23 AM
The best of evenings to you too mate.
Yep all good, just trying to work out a way to sort AB out, nice bloke but If I was going to loveday, I'd be bring'n some stuff with me.
Cheers Rod.

nowoolies
2nd September 2011, 12:27 AM
The best of evenings to you too mate.
Yep all good, just trying to work out a way to sort AB out, nice bloke but If I was going to loveday, I'd be bring'n some stuff with me.
Cheers Rod.

i dont mind spiders and snakes ect they are aways good fun
but what else you got in mind ?????

clunk and i are getting or 33`s in about a month
so ill be looking at getting you to make up a bracket for me soon please

just about finished off the boat so ill be comming down your way for a bit of fishing soon

might have to stop in and say g`day on the way through ????

the ferret
2nd September 2011, 12:46 AM
i dont mind spiders and snakes ect they are aways good fun
but what else you got in mind ?????

clunk and i are getting or 33`s in about a month
so ill be looking at getting you to make up a bracket for me soon please

just about finished off the boat so ill be comming down your way for a bit of fishing soon

might have to stop in and say g`day on the way through ????

Ha ha pizzn down here atm, can't talk about surprises for Andy on here, he's watch'n eh?
yep , call in at the jetty and we'll have a yarn (about spiders) wink wink.
The bracket is no problem, ya can have a look through the workshop, we have Gold ones, silver and steel fer Boguns

nowoolies
2nd September 2011, 12:49 AM
Ha ha pizzn down here atm, can't talk about surprises for Andy on here, he's watch'n eh?
The bracket is no problem, ya can have a look through the workshop, we have Gold ones, silver and steel fer Boguns

jetty what one where ?????

same here bucketing down

the ferret
2nd September 2011, 12:55 AM
jetty what one where ?????

same here bucketing down
Northport, just near the Dawseville bridge, on ya way out to sea.
http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt164/ferret/panorama3.jpg

nowoolies
2nd September 2011, 12:59 AM
Northport, just near the Dawseville bridge, on ya way out to sea.
http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt164/ferret/panorama3.jpg

core thats flash
hope the beer fridge is as big
only got the little one now
i think ive sold the 23 footer to a mate

Clunk
2nd September 2011, 01:03 AM
core thats flash
what do you mean you've only got a little one NOW!!!!!!?????? lol

nowoolies
2nd September 2011, 01:09 AM
what do you mean you've only got a little one NOW!!!!!!?????? lol

boat sir ...B.O.A.T floats in the water you know hahahahahahahaha

the ferret
2nd September 2011, 01:10 AM
core thats flash

Beer fridge? cant afford the rates mate, have ta catch Cobler and occy and sell ma body, all from the jetty too and with all this rain, all I get is old tarts!!

nowoolies
2nd September 2011, 01:12 AM
Beer fridge? cant afford the rates mate, have ta catch Cobler and occy and sell ma body, all from the jetty too and with all this rain, all I get is old tarts!!

jam or custard one`s ..roflmfao hahahahahahahahahahahaah

Clunk
2nd September 2011, 01:14 AM
jam or custard one`s ..roflmfao hahahahahahahahahahahaah

cream mate!!!!! lol

the ferret
2nd September 2011, 01:19 AM
Just a few more light brackets and a few deflators and I'll be look'n at one of these, we can all go fish'n.

http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt164/ferret/navyboat.jpg

nowoolies
2nd September 2011, 01:22 AM
Just a few more light brackets and a few deflators and I'll be look'n at one of these, we can all go fish'n.

why fish ....we could blow em outta the water hahahahah

Clunk
2nd September 2011, 01:23 AM

blinkin heck mate, you could open up a 4wd park on that thing!!!!!! lol

the ferret
2nd September 2011, 01:25 AM
I have some new chics next door, nice girls too!
http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt164/ferret/girls2.jpg

nowoolies
2nd September 2011, 01:27 AM
sorry i just remembered i gotta go and get some teeth pulled that day
clunk will have to be your boswain for the day hahahahahahahahahahahahaah

Clunk
2nd September 2011, 01:34 AM

sorry i just remembered i gotta go and get some teeth pulled that day
clunk will have to be your boswain for the day hahahahahahahahahahahahaah

good stuuf, all the more for me and ferret then!!!!!! hahahahaha

the ferret
2nd September 2011, 01:35 AM
The big tart in the green owns the boat, what can I say, There is a big fridge on board tho, sorry ya can't make it Paul.
Cheers Rod.

nowoolies
2nd September 2011, 01:38 AM
The big tart in the green owns the boat, what can I say, There is a big fridge on board tho, sorry ya can't make it Paul.
Cheers Rod.

next time mate hahahaha

the ferret
2nd September 2011, 01:54 AM
Rock up anytime guys, tie the boat up fer the night, a few jars and a yarn, that's the way it is down here.
All the best, ferret.

AB
2nd September 2011, 08:34 AM

Always watching my friend...lol

DX grunt
2nd September 2011, 09:54 AM
So there I was in the middle of the road ripping my clothes off ..BLOODY SCARY MOMENT!!!

I knew one day you'd fess up to being a 'closet man stripper.' hahahahahahaha

Seriously, glad you're OK.

Last time I checked my visor, my long lost Census form fell onto my lap.

Rossco

AB
2nd September 2011, 09:56 AM
I knew one day you'd fess up to being a 'closet man stripper.' hahahahahahaha

Seriously, glad you're OK.

Last time I checked my visor, my long lost Census form fell onto my lap.

Rossco

It was indeed a Kodak moment for the 2012 meet up Rossco...lol

DX grunt
2nd September 2011, 09:56 AM
Those girls are some mothers' daughters, you know!!!!

nowoolies
2nd September 2011, 10:22 AM

YEHHHHHHHHH strewth hahahahahaha

Clunk
2nd September 2011, 11:32 PM

nowt wrong with keeping it in the family mate!!!!!!!!! lol

Bigrig
3rd September 2011, 07:58 AM

How did you manage to get your hands on the "secret" happy snaps from Growlers Thailand trip?? lmao

growler2058
3rd September 2011, 08:01 AM
How did you manage to get your hands on the "secret" happy snaps from Growlers Thailand trip?? lmao

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAA strewth iwas savin em for woolies ya know how he loves piccies hahahahahahhaha but thought even he would be glad not to be exposed to these hsahahahahhahaa

nowoolies
3rd September 2011, 08:03 AM
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAA strewth iwas savin em for woolies ya know how he loves piccies hahahahahahhaha but thought even he would be glad not to be exposed to these hsahahahahhahaa

you got that in one sir hahahahahahaahha

so this was your happy ending hay lol

Bigrig
3rd September 2011, 08:09 AM
you got that in one sir hahahahahahaahha

so this was your happy ending hay lol

Hahahaha .... not so sure that the ending would be "happy" ... I reckon the ending would be something along the lines of them seasoning and consuming you!!!! roflmfao ... not quite what they mentioned in the 'brochure'!!!!!

Bob
3rd September 2011, 08:11 AM
Hell I was having Breakfast when I saw this.
Definately has put me off RAFLMAO

the ferret
3rd September 2011, 10:39 AM
Easy, I just hacked into his laptop, mate, you should see the stuff he has on there!!
Ferret.

Bigrig
3rd September 2011, 10:40 AM
Easy, I just hacked into his laptop, mate, you should see the stuff he has on there!!
Ferret.

Bank account details is the important bit mate!! lol

growler2058
3rd September 2011, 10:45 AM
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHa i struggle uploading foters let alone risk internet banking, besides wifey does it she dont trust me not to go buying up big hahahahha

Bigrig
3rd September 2011, 10:46 AM
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHa i struggle uploading foters let alone risk internet banking, besides wifey does it she dont trust me not to go buying up big hahahahha

Smart woman .... but sorta ruins the fun!!! lmao

growler2058
3rd September 2011, 10:49 AM
Smart woman .... but sorta ruins the fun!!! lmao

Oh yeah the grovelling i gotta do makes me feel sick hahahahahahaahahato buy online

What was this thread origionally about oooooppppssssssss

Bigrig
3rd September 2011, 10:51 AM
Oh yeah the grovelling i gotta do makes me feel sick hahahahahahaahahato buy online

I find it gives me and the missus something to 'talk' about ... and when I say talk, I mean argue!!!! lol

What was this thread origionally about

i have no idea ... something important no doubt!!!! lmao

the ferret
3rd September 2011, 11:41 AM
It get's back ta who want's ta do Andy's washing after spider encounters, but it can go anywhere LOL

Woof
3rd September 2011, 02:44 PM
You bunch of clowns, I cannot believe how this thread went from a spider on a sunvisor to where it is now....ROFLMAO

the ferret
3rd September 2011, 02:49 PM
And all because of Andy's fear of spiders LOL it's all His fault, sook!!

Bigrig
3rd September 2011, 03:01 PM
You bunch of clowns, I cannot believe how this thread went from a spider on a sunvisor to where it is now....ROFLMAO

What can I say ... it's a talent!!! Of sorts!!! lmao

growler2058
3rd September 2011, 05:32 PM

I can 1 hand juggle too:clownredpuff::clownredpuff::clownredpuff:

the ferret
3rd September 2011, 05:35 PM

Whew, I wouldn't be advertising the fact LOL

Clunk
3rd September 2011, 07:00 PM

Isn't that something all blokes can do??

Tappatalking

the ferret
3rd September 2011, 07:04 PM
I could answer that, but can't find the words to say it in a nice way, so I'll leave it LOL

growler2058
3rd September 2011, 07:07 PM
Isn't that something all blokes can do??

Tappatalking

Understand your confusion mate.......But some of us need tw0 hahahahhahahahahahahahahahha

nowoolies
4th September 2011, 10:55 AM
:hijacked::clapping::hijacked::groupwave::hijacked ::gossip::hijacked::1062::1062::hijacked::oops:

standard for here i thought hahahahahahaahahahahaha

Woof
4th September 2011, 11:43 AM
This should get this thread back on topic, eh Andy you big Girlie Boy......:049:
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2011/09/2.jpg

Maxhead
4th September 2011, 11:59 AM
This should get this thread back on topic, eh Andy you big Girlie Boy......:049:

This should get Andy going!!!! HAHAHHAHAHAHA

nowoolies
4th September 2011, 12:03 PM

aint she sweet but only a baby , did you manage to find its mum Doggy ?????
thats what im gunna take over to the meet up and a few of em to boot hahahahahahahaha

Woof
4th September 2011, 12:34 PM
Been searching everywhere for one but I could not find any, must be too cold here for them yet, so I grabbed this photo off the net...

nowoolies
4th September 2011, 12:59 PM
Been searching everywhere for one but I could not find any, must be too cold here for them yet, so I grabbed this photo off the net...

yes mate too cold at the moment

wait for summer ANDY hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Woof
4th September 2011, 01:07 PM
I just heard that they are expecting a new breed of Huntsman to appear down Andy's way this summer....LOOK OUT MATE.....LOLOLOL
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2011/09/3.jpg