PDA

View Full Version : Hi, new member

stinger
29th August 2011, 11:23 AM
hello i'm stinger i own a 1995 3 door SWB AT Safari, her name is storm :) she's my baby but she's driving me crazy with her mysterious malfunctions especially with the extreme weather conditions here in Kuwait. hoping i could get some advice on some things that have been driving all the mechanics crazy :)

Dhuck
29th August 2011, 11:31 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

Bob
29th August 2011, 11:31 AM
Welcome Stinger. Join in and enjoy

dasemm
29th August 2011, 11:48 AM
welcome to the forum stinger

snicko
29th August 2011, 12:03 PM
Welcome to the forum stinger. Hope you find what you need.

Sir Roofy
29th August 2011, 12:12 PM
Welcome aboard enjoy your stay

ask a few questions and im sure some one
will know or point you in the right
direction

growler2058
29th August 2011, 01:31 PM
G'day mate welcome aboard they're a good mob here full of great info and advice

AB
29th August 2011, 01:39 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

Patrol Tico
29th August 2011, 01:58 PM
Welcome on board! Would love to see some pics of your baby!

katwoman
29th August 2011, 06:14 PM
Welcome, mate.. Hope you find plenty of usefulness.

Woof
29th August 2011, 06:21 PM
Welcome to the forum Stinger, enjoy mate and when you get time throw some photos of your Patrol up here.

timbar
30th August 2011, 03:38 PM
G'day Mate - Welcome aboard join in when you are ready and have fun mate plenty to do see and if u have any problems just ask and im sure u will get an answer !! Bucket loads of usefull information here plenty to read so join in meet the great bunch of guys and girls on our wonderful forum !!

You will not be disapointed !!

If there is an answer you WILL find it here !!!

ENJOY and WELCOME

Tim

HippoNZ
30th August 2011, 05:18 PM
Welcome aboard, fire away with those questions mate, there a clever bunch here.

Finly Owner
30th August 2011, 09:52 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Stinger

Tim

Clunk
31st August 2011, 12:41 AM
g'day mate and welcome aboard

Maxhead
31st August 2011, 08:39 PM
G'Day Stinger, welcome to the forum mate

fat pete
2nd September 2011, 03:43 PM
welcome stinger,,aint they some sort of a missile,,or is it that the thing the cops chuck in front of a crims car to stop it................................................ ...,,,but welcome to the site,,plenty of help here

Evolution
2nd September 2011, 05:37 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, there's heaps of valuable information, advice and a bunch of friendly people.

stinger
16th September 2015, 01:36 PM
I just saw all your replies, 4 years later damn sorry! I suck at this stuff but Thanx for your kindness! Ive been reading alot of your posts over the years and they actually helped me out without needing to post anything myself thanx for that too. And the manual saved my life literally! More on that later... I will post a pic of my baby as soon as she is out of the shop. Im doing a full restoration Wish me luck! So far ive had 15 strokes two heart attacks and half a nervous break down trying to find OEM body parts for my specific model and specs lol not to mention discovering the horrid side effects of terrible mechanics under each nook and cranny.

rusty_nail
16th September 2015, 02:26 PM
haha wow you must have had to search long and hard to find your intro thread mate! thats a hell of a long time between posts! good to see your still lurking around the forum.

threedogs
16th September 2015, 02:55 PM
I was thinking awesome thread dig, so now how about a few pics of the Patrol and your country.
In the meantime enjoy but not so long between posts eh lol

blocko05
16th September 2015, 04:25 PM
Hi and welcome to the forum mate

4bye4
17th September 2015, 11:04 AM
G'day an welcome to the forum mate.

MEGOMONSTER
18th September 2015, 01:48 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net.
If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

stinger
21st September 2015, 07:18 AM
Hahaha yeah tell me about it! I was fixing my profile that's when i saw the replies lol it completely slipped my mind

stinger
21st September 2015, 07:20 AM
Lol for sure as i said storm is naked at the moment but i will be posting pics soon as i get permission from all the guys. Unfortunatly the one time i went out with the patrol group here was at night but i promise ill post some this year lol

stinger
21st September 2015, 07:36 AM
Im still trying to get the hang of this forum stuff im only good at reading it. Again thank you all for your kindness. Megomonster you are right it is the best forum and it has helped me sooooo much over the years, you guys are really great! Heres a tiny exciting update i wanna share about the restoring my baby....

So far we have stripped all the parts and interior and im happy to say there is a tiny amount of rust i was so relieved! The metal work is gonna be a pain cz whoever reinstalled the side panels left a small gap and i ended up getting some rust inthe rear right panel close to the fuel tank and some in the center, lucky i caught it now before it spreads! Two attempts at mixing the custom color failed so im gonna try again tomorrow fingers crossed! Who knew blue was gonna be that hard!

I gotta say i am really glad i can talk to someone freely about my car i usually get alot of grief and not many people appreciate my love and worst they think its crazy that a female drives a 3 door older model ughhh i have never seen another woman driving it here lol the most hilarious part is going to the scrap yard to try and find the very annoyingly rare parts of my model they just stared at me since i was the only girl there and knew what i was talking about. There are not that many 3 door fourth gens here and even worst not alot of them have the options i do. I had to ask my friends to look in dubai for me for the damned sunroof! The dealer says they dont produce it anymore and your site only has the locks not the rest. Also You guys have the right hand drive so it makes it hard to order parts.

I do want to install a good alarm system with the remote if you guys have any suggestions i would appreciate it.

stinger
21st September 2015, 08:16 AM
Ok ive been exploring and i think im getting the hang of it. I found a few old pics of storm.

She is my darling i hope this attachment works. We have had her from zero right off the line. i got her from my family in 2001 and i have been spoiling her ever since. She has a brand new Original carby, the idiots murdered the previous one beyond repair. The damned thing cost me 1,400 australian dollars please tell me your parts are cheaper so i can order from Australia instead of this torture. The only custom thing is the 6AL MSD ignition i installed cz of the flacky electricity which actually made soooooo much difference and i saved so much money on spark plugs! Am i the only one suffering from the electrical insanity of this car? It seems haunted because as soon as it reaches the mechanic... Nothing!!! she is purring at me innocently grrr. Btw careful what you wish for i talk alot especially when it's car related and worst when it's about storm! Im just clueless as to where and how to post what which makes me gun shy. Maybe someone can give me pointers? I tried reading to find out but im having difficulty with some of the terminology and where i belong specifically

stinger
21st September 2015, 08:27 AM
It's the Scorpion's stinger, i love scorpions hehe. got the nickname a while back and it stuck ever since.

stinger
21st September 2015, 08:31 AM
I just now learned how to quote sorry guys thaaank you for your patience my replies look random and crazy lol

Dman2603
23rd September 2015, 04:32 PM
Welcome back!

Bloodyaussie
23rd September 2015, 07:12 PM
Welcome aboard mate. ........

Briss
24th September 2015, 07:19 AM
Welcome Stinger very very noice pictures mate!

maasa2002
2nd October 2015, 09:03 PM
Welcome. 1995 very popular here in KSA my country.

abeeke
4th October 2015, 09:02 PM
G'day and welcome to the forum mate

Fox7
5th October 2015, 04:17 AM
Welcome to forum stinger! Good job.

stinger
5th October 2015, 07:51 AM
Welcome. 1995 very popular here in KSA my country.

Yeah i know i get harrassed about selling my truck every single day especially from saudis lol. From my understanding it is popular but rare to have the 1995 'capsula' they mostly have 4 doors even here in kuwait i only saw 3 others like mine. I got my replacement tranny brought to me from saudi but it was a 94 one we only used some parts :( i wish i can visit there my saudi friends always tell me i would love it there but i cant drive there so i always say no :p Which one do you have?