PDA

View Full Version : Over boost on y61 3.0 01 mod.

Norwegian
22nd August 2011, 05:54 PM
Hi, I am norwegian :shivering: , so please exuse my crappy english;):1087:

I have an 01 patrol 3.0, i just blocked the egr valve, cause it didnt work properly.
Now I m pretty shure it is over boosting, and the turbo also gives pressaure on idle(i think so), so the idle is to high.
What to do? I have ordered an manual boost control, hoping this will solve the problem.
Will the engine lamp light when i disconnect hoses from ecu, or is this not a problem?
I have mounted theese controls on older cars, but this looks quite different, so ill take it to a workshop who knows a bit about turbo engines.

By the way, I love your country!! Been ther once, and i will shure as h..l come back. I have a dream of a roadtrip from north to south or somthing like that. :beer: cheers.

Dhuck
22nd August 2011, 06:14 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

Bigrig
22nd August 2011, 06:19 PM
G'day mate - Welcome aboard. Great people, information and laughs to be found on the forum, so don't be shy and join to make the most of it. Enjoy!

TUCK
22nd August 2011, 06:35 PM
Welcome from another newbie. I'm sure someone will be a long with some info for you.

Tuck.

growler2058
22nd August 2011, 06:39 PM
Gday mate welcome aboard theyre a good mob here full of great info and advice.

Woof
22nd August 2011, 06:41 PM
Copied this thread to another section as not everyone reads the introductions, so hopefully you will get some assistance soon mate.
Oh and welcome to the forum.

macca86
22nd August 2011, 07:04 PM
welcome. you'll need to wind the boost back as altering any airflow will send the computer crazy and over boost check out the grenade threads on the site

Norwegian
22nd August 2011, 07:13 PM
Tank you for the warm welcome, I love aussies, always nice and casual.
I posted my thread under engine and drivetrain. I didnt quite understand all this at the beginning, cause everything is kind of upside down for me :p

Woof
22nd August 2011, 07:22 PM
Tank you for the warm welcome, I love aussies, always nice and casual.
I posted my thread under engine and drivetrain. I didnt quite understand all this at the beginning, cause everything is kind of upside down for me :p

Oh well it is in 3 places now mate....:thumbup:

Sir Roofy
22nd August 2011, 07:52 PM
Welcome aboard mate enjoy your stay

YNOT
22nd August 2011, 11:01 PM
Welcome to the forum.

The first thing you will need to do is fit a boost gauge so you know what the turbo is doing. A good idea to fit a exhaust temperature gauge at the same time.

If you have ordered a conventional boost controller it will not work on this engine. Conventional boost controllers bleed the pressure going to the wastegate, your turbo does not have a wastegate. You need a dawes valve which controls the vacuum signal to the variable nozzle turbo actuator.

Tony

Maxhead
23rd August 2011, 07:06 AM
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate

Bob
23rd August 2011, 09:47 AM
Welcome Mate. Join in and enjoy

Clunk
24th August 2011, 10:40 PM
g'day mate and welcome aboard

timbar
27th August 2011, 06:03 AM
G'day Mate - Welcome aboard join in when you are ready and have fun mate plenty to do see and if u have any problems just ask and im sure u will get an answer !! Bucket loads of usefull information here plenty to read so join in meet the great bunch of guys and girls on our wonderful forum !!

You will not be disapointed !!

ENJOY and WELCOME

Tim