PDA

View Full Version : Engine Tune

ynot65
1st May 2024, 01:17 PM
Hi All
I have a 2005 patrol with a new zd30ddti engine and am looking for someone based in Victoria the can give this a little tune I have herd there is a Nissan guru in the gelong area but I haven't been able to find anyone.

MudRunnerTD
2nd May 2024, 09:06 PM
Daltons in Geelong South have a Dyno, not sure what he is like with ZDs. There is another Tuner in North Geelong Diesel Performance Centre or something. ProDiesel in Drysdale i think but he does not have a Dyno, he tunes on the road though.

The ZD is a bit of a Turd mate, make sure you have your NADS sorted then have it tuned. Good luck, have fun.

Cuppa
7th May 2024, 01:17 PM
Daltons in Geelong South have a Dyno, not sure what he is like with ZDs.

Yep Daltons was the recommendation I followed about 10 years ago (probably from MudRunner) with our TD42. They are wizards in the black art of tuning TD42’s (& very possibly other things too). They gave me exactly what I asked for & it has never needed touching again & from memory their prices were very reasonable. Fitting a 3” exhaust & taking our car there was the best thing we ever did to it. I’d say they would be worth talking to about your ZD & if it’s not their thing I reckon they’ll have good info on where else to go.