PDA

View Full Version : Quit my job.

TPC
17th March 2024, 11:27 PM
Have been in the same job for 35 years and quit on Friday, so I am now an unemployed bum, feels great.

jack
18th March 2024, 12:28 AM
Have been in the same job for 35 years and quit on Friday, so I am now an unemployed bum, feels great.

Big move Tony, I'm sure lots on here would have loved your job. I'm talking about the remote travel part of it. Enjoy the break, after 35 years you deserve it.

mudnut
18th March 2024, 01:05 AM
Any plans for the future, or you going to take a well earned break, mate?

TPC
18th March 2024, 06:12 AM
Putting my resume together today and will send it out to about 10 companies. I plan to hang onto a few of my favourite custo ers so will keep the remote work. I will take off at leaste the next month.

TPC
18th March 2024, 06:23 PM
Had a really bad day today, my work contacted me and said I had to return all company owned assets, I said I would come there immediately as I wanted to say farewell to all the great people I had been working with, I was told I was not allowed on work property. I thought that was still ok as I had previously organised a pub night on the 5th April so I would say good buy then I was told the so ial night had been cancelled even though work was not paying for it. I have emailed all my former workmates and told them i will shout them for the pub night, work can't stop that. 35 years of service rewarded like that.

AB
18th March 2024, 06:35 PM
Had a really bad day today, my work contacted me and said I had to return all company owned assets, I said I would come there immediately as I wanted to say farewell to all the great people I had been working with, I was told I was not allowed on work property. I thought that was still ok as I had previously organised a pub night on the 5th April so I would say good buy then I was told the so ial night had been cancelled even though work was not paying for it. I have emailed all my former workmates and told them i will shout them for the pub night, work can't stop that. 35 years of service rewarded like that.

I’m sure you’ve already done this Tony but please have a good think about all things related to your work email address that you’ll need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TPC
18th March 2024, 06:38 PM
I was locked out of everything today.

AB
18th March 2024, 06:44 PM
Is your laptop with you still or not?

TPC
18th March 2024, 08:15 PM
I have decided as of today I am retired, party time.

pollenface
20th March 2024, 07:10 AM
Glad you have the freedom to be able to walk away from your job!

Congrats

TPC
20th March 2024, 07:53 PM
Can't retire any more

Cuppa
27th March 2024, 12:04 PM
Sorry to hear how your leaving has panned out, particularly as mine, many years ago now was similar. One day at work, next not, no recognition or chance to say goodbye. Still wrankles a bit, even though my choice to leave was probably the best thing I did. Good luck with whatever the future holds for you.

mudski
27th March 2024, 09:04 PM
That’s real shit Tony how they are treating you. Obviously a company who just think their workers are just numbers and not people.
I’d tell them to come collect their belongings after being spoke to like that. I would not give them the steam off my piss, seriously being treated like that is disgusting.

TPC
28th March 2024, 02:10 PM
That’s real shit Tony how they are treating you. Obviously a company who just think their workers are just numbers and not people.
I’d tell them to come their belongings after being spoke to like that. I would not give them the steam off my piss, seriously being treated like that is disgusting.

Are you on the upcoming Simpson trip?

mudski
28th March 2024, 03:28 PM
Are you on the upcoming Simpson trip?

I wish I was, but unfortunately fate has other plans.

TPC
29th March 2024, 07:16 AM
I wish I was, but unfortunately fate has other plans.

Bugger, would have loved to catch up, maybe Mark will host another camping weekend for us.

MB
30th March 2024, 09:41 PM
Can maybe do Tony Brother, only if you promise to suck on a Hillian smoked sausage again [emoji182][emoji3590] [emoji1662]

TPC
31st March 2024, 06:15 AM
Can maybe do Tony Brother, only if you promise to suck on a Hillian smoked sausage again [emoji182][emoji3590] [emoji1662]

It was a gormet feast last time with your sausages, Phils pizzas, lamb spit and camp oven cookoff that proved coles are required on top. (Sorry Bob)