PDA

View Full Version : New sleeping mat?

AB
27th January 2024, 04:16 PM
I need a new single mat, mainly for Simpson trip but on going obviously.

I’ve got the double Zempire which is awesome but it packs big and the kids are sharing my rv5 tent so we won’t fit nor do I want to take that.

Looking for a good comfy king single.

Looking at the zempire king single but any feedback on others?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pollenface
27th January 2024, 05:10 PM
I bought a black wolf one years back, the annoying thing was the width spec referred to the mattress being completely flat/deflated so when it was naturally inflated it was narrower than advertised.

Have a 7cm thick one for me and the missus which is huge and bulky when rolled up, but she is expressing interest in just wanting a queen size inflatable with built in pump.

MudRunnerTD
29th January 2024, 09:13 PM
I have a few Denali brand from Anaconda. I have 9cm thick for me and 5cm for the kids. They pack down well and are dense compression foam so are good quality.

Anaconda has them heavily discounted at the moment. Highly recommend

https://www.anacondastores.com/camping-hiking/sleeping/hiking-mats/denali-camper-royal-mat-green/BP90033386-green

BigRAWesty
29th January 2024, 10:26 PM
We bought the kids the dune 4wd mats from anaconda.
100mm self inflating.
They are good.
Not sure if the do a king single but the regular single is 2m long..

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk

MudRunnerTD
30th January 2024, 01:01 AM
We bought the kids the dune 4wd mats from anaconda.
100mm self inflating.
They are good.
Not sure if the do a king single but the regular single is 2m long..

I found the Dune was way too bulky rolled up. Was.many years ago though and they probably have many variants now

AB
30th January 2024, 07:38 AM
I have a few Denali brand from Anaconda. I have 9cm thick for me and 5cm for the kids. They pack down well and are dense compression foam so are good quality.

Anaconda has them heavily discounted at the moment. Highly recommend

https://www.anacondastores.com/camping-hiking/sleeping/hiking-mats/denali-camper-royal-mat-green/BP90033386-green

Yeah the kids have Denali's but wasnt sure how good they were for adults.

I do like how they pack up small though, unlike the Zempires.

jay see
30th January 2024, 06:25 PM
I need a new single mat, mainly for Simpson trip but on going obviously.

I’ve got the double Zempire which is awesome but it packs big and the kids are sharing my rv5 tent so we won’t fit nor do I want to take that.

Looking for a good comfy king single.

Looking at the zempire king single but any feedback on others?

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI too have the double zempire and have been considering ditching it for a couple of singles. I'll be watching with interest..

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

AB
30th January 2024, 06:47 PM
I too have the double zempire and have been considering ditching it for a couple of singles. I'll be watching with interest..

My boys friend has them and we’re going camping with them soon so I’ll suss them out for how they go with rolling it up and it’s pack up size.

MB
30th January 2024, 11:32 PM
‘Black Wolf’, ALL the way [emoji3590][emoji3590]
Many Forum years ago Clunk with unfortunate ailments put me onto them [emoji120][emoji120]
Worth every penny, nothing worse than finally scoring a few days off work and sleeping like 50+ shit [emoji90] on the delaminating cheapo (zero longevity) bubble mat dirt mattress [emoji736][emoji736]

AB
31st January 2024, 04:08 PM
I too have the double zempire and have been considering ditching it for a couple of singles. I'll be watching with interest..

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2024/01/25.jpg
Here it is mate, doesn’t look too bad.

AB
31st January 2024, 04:13 PM
‘Black Wolf’, ALL the way [emoji3590][emoji3590]
Many Forum years ago Clunk with unfortunate ailments put me onto them [emoji120][emoji120]
Worth every penny, nothing worse than finally scoring a few days off work and sleeping like 50+ shit [emoji90] on the delaminating cheapo (zero longevity) bubble mat dirt mattress [emoji736][emoji736]

For sure but the zempires are bloody comfy too

PeeBee
31st January 2024, 05:48 PM
For sure but the zempires are bloody comfy too

Butterfly you are, grab a couple of hessian sacks and throw some potatoes in it. Food storage and you are sleeping on the sand so they will even out ok. Big ape like you wont even feel the spuds, especially after a dozen nights they will flattened and softer ready for the coals. The pea under the princess mattress story is coming to mind.

jay see
31st January 2024, 06:25 PM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2024/01/25.jpg
Here it is mate, doesn’t look too bad.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkIs that the king single? Looks good compared to the double. Pretty pricey tho especially when buying 2..

AB
31st January 2024, 06:43 PM
Is that the king single? Looks good compared to the double. Pretty pricey tho especially when buying 2..

Yep that’s the king single.

AB
31st January 2024, 06:45 PM
Butterfly you are, grab a couple of hessian sacks and throw some potatoes in it. Food storage and you are sleeping on the sand so they will even out ok. Big ape like you wont even feel the spuds, especially after a dozen nights they will flattened and softer ready for the coals. The pea under the princess mattress story is coming to mind.

You are the last person in the multiverse to talk about roughing it up spuddly. lol

Winnie
1st February 2024, 10:05 AM
We bought 2 single zempire mattresses a few years ago and a joining strap for them, it ties them together and stops them seperating during the night.
Perfect to just take one on boys trips or both together when the wife comes too. Best of both worlds really.

MB
3rd February 2024, 06:08 PM
Honestly a Top Idea Chrisso Brother [emoji362] [emoji736][emoji106][emoji106]

In case of dwunken quarrels or one lovers dodgey tucker guts [emoji90]

May I suggest a safety strap separation midnight mechanism [emoji3574] [emoji23]

https://www.paramedicshop.com.au/products/res-q-me-cutter-glass-breaker