PDA

View Full Version : Snapped Panhard Rod from Accident - Now has death wobbles

Regan Wato
4th January 2024, 05:50 PM
99 Gu Wagon 4.2 turbo with 3 inch lift.
Snapped a panhard rod in an accident , have replaced rod but car now has death wobbles. Does anyone have any idea what else would need replacing to stop the severe vibrations rendering car un drivable. Husband and son on road trip, stuck in Dubbo!
Thank you for any help.

PeeBee
4th January 2024, 06:21 PM
99 Gu Wagon 4.2 turbo with 3 inch lift.
Snapped a panhard rod in an accident , have replaced rod but car now has death wobbles. Does anyone have any idea what else would need replacing to stop the severe vibrations rendering car un drivable. Husband and son on road trip, stuck in Dubbo!
Thank you for any help.

I would be checking out the bushes as they could be deformed and not visible unless all the arms are removed and inspected. AB on here had a recently death wobble issue that was instantly rectified.

mudnut
4th January 2024, 09:40 PM
The panhard is a pretty strong unit, so it must have been a hard impact. Check the wheel bearings and that a wheel rim hasn't been deformed or a tyre damaged.

mudski
5th January 2024, 06:57 AM
The panhard is a pretty strong unit, so it must have been a hard impact. Check the wheel bearings and that a wheel rim hasn't been deformed or a tyre damaged.

Thats what I'm thinking. Tie rod and tie rod ends? Drag link and drag link ends. Radius arm bushes. Was the Panhard replaced with new bushes? If so, rubber or poly? If poly, get rid of them they are garbage.

AB
7th January 2024, 03:29 PM
I'm back home now, how did you go with this?